September 2016 Moms

June Randoms

Re: June Randoms

• My LO seems to only be interested in his while I'm changing a poopy diaper  :|
  • This is a good place for info about baby self feeding, most recent post is about why gagging is a good thing
    https://www.feedinglittles.com/blog
  • Loading the player...
  • @hejo2016 Thank you for the link. It did make me feel better.
  • Good article! Im going to be braver about giving him bigger pieces of food and will try to stay calm during gagging. 
  • I'll make my SO read it, lol. He freaks out.
  • So funny. I just posted on the Wednesday post about reading and article about gagging being good and that was the article! Thanks for sharing @hejo2016!

Also, my son is very diligent about making sure his penis is still attached whenever we take his diaper off. I think he figured out it was there around 4 months and is still VERY interested. We were laughing today because we were letting him play totally naked (it's 90+ degrees and we were airing out his butt to help with a bad case of diaper rash) and my son was slapping himself in the balls. My husband was like "OMG! Doesn't that hurt him?!" I told him, I guess not if he keeps doing it. Haha
  • Omg yesterday my LO started grinding her. two front teeth together. She only has one on the top and one on the bottom so far. It would be totally cute if the sound wasn't like nails on a chalkboard for my husband and I! Lol
  • @jellybiehn yup! My LO has 8 teeth and he keeps grinding them too! It's horrible! Does your LO take a pacifier? That might help. Mine doesn't!
  • Anyone do anything special for Father's Day? My kiddos made cards and I made dinner. Husband worked. So nothing too special! Got the required daddy w kids picture though! And Father's Day is one of his guaranteed days of getting laid, pretty sure that's all he cares about  :D
  • I bought my husband a shirt and coozie and had dinner at my parents. Every year my husband goes to the cemetery to visit his dad and this year he took Dylan with him. His dad passed away when He was 16.  He said it was a little emotional but pretty cool......and he got laid on Saturday so that did not happen again on Sunday hahah 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We went to my SIL for a nice brunch. I made lo and H wear matching shirts and got a bunch of cute pics of them in their shirts. H got a new work laptop/messenger bag and a coffee mug that says "Big Daddy"  :p
  • We went to the future in-laws house. We had a cookiut, played games and cards. It was perfect.
  • My husband is a police officer so unfortunately he had to work all day on his first Father's Day. For a gift the baby made him some art with his footprints on it and bought him a 23 and Me test kit (it's an ancestry genetic test). When he got home we went to my husband's favorite pizza place. 

Speaking of getting laid, how often is everybody having sex? It's a rare occurace at this house. We both want to be having sex more but cosleeping and nursing all night definitely throws a wrench in that plan.
  • @Laraeq I've always wanted to do the genetic testing kits. That's so cool. 

We do the deed 1-2 nights a week, but I can see how co-sleeping with a nursing baby would totally put a wrench in that. Would it be possible to sneak in a session during a naptime?

• Yeah, we're 1-2/wk too.  It's definitely a "keep him happy" kind of thing at this point. But, baby is not in our room anymore.
    someone mentioned in the HDBD thread that their baby is crazy in the tub, holy cow mine too. I think LO has a death wish in the bath tub! She thinks it's great fun! 
  • Maybe once a week for us. We both work a lot and little one still sleeps in our room in his pack 'n play. I'm so exhausted from working and nursing I just have no desire. That and the birth control has zapped my libido.
  • I have NO libido. We are having sex 2-3 times a week and it's definitely for him. I feel terrible. I dk what it is. I stopped breastfeeding 2 weeks ago and I thought my libido (and period) would come back. Nothing yet. 

Can I just be honest in saying that I didn't enjoy breastfeeding? This is my first baby and I got him to 8.5 months on breastmilk. I am extremely proud of that. I know some moms find breastfeeding relaxing, but I found it to be so so stressful. LO wasn't gaining enough weight and all I did was worry!
  • @Sbrown721 I have not enjoyed breastfeeding either. The first 3-4 months really sucked. The fenugreek, power pumping, drinking massive amounts of water to keep my production up, etc... I drove myself nuts worrying about my production and if LO was getting enough. When I finally decided to supplement with formula it was like a huge weight had been lifted off my chest and i could finally breathe. I switched to exclusively pumping and can't believe I've made it this far considering that i wanted to quit ages ago. My production has dropped significantly but lo still gets more than half breastmilk so as of right now I'll keep going. You did amazing and have made the right decision for you and your lo. 
  • We are on the 1-2 times a week train...usually more like 1. We work opposite shifts so we only sleep in the same bed together 4 nights out of the week .

Also,the breastfeeding. There have been times where I have enjoyed it..... but I would say majority of the time I have felt very blah about it. I don't enjoy nursing in public still as I have a larger chest and find it very hard to be discreet. And sometimes at home i just want a break from it. But...I'm determined to make it to a year so as long as my supply holds up I'm going to keep going. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It's totally ok not to love breastfeeding! A fed baby is best!
    And every baby is different, if you have another, breastfeeding may be totally different the next time.
    The kids will be alright  ;)
  • So my poor LO got his first little nose bleed. He was crawling around and slipped on something which ended in a face plant. I felt so bad for him. Hoping it is just a bloody nose and not something more. Time will tell. Oh the joys of mobile LOs and the joys of a boy mom.
  • @jenkar01, poor guy!  He's breaking ya in! :D
  • Poor lil guy. Mobility is fun and oh so scary! 
  • My little girl did the same a couple of weeks ago. She faceplanted and I picked her up to cheer her up...thought she was over reacting until I saw the blood on my shoulder. Very small amounts but enough to make me feel bad. I did a lot of reading up on ' infant broken noses' that day ...lol. 

Just last week she cut her finger on her own tooth! It was a good little slice but the finger is so tiny we couldn't even bandage it. Didn't bother her at all but there were little blood smears wherever she crawled.
  • I was the same way with the broken nose thing lol. I was feeling it and looking at to make sure it wasn't turning black and blue. He seems okay and his normal self. He won't let you really touch it but seems fine otherwise.
  • @seitzy3 Wow!!! Congratulations!!! That's so exciting!

My LO turned 9 months old today and I still haven't gotten my period! I stopped breastfeeding a month ago and was thinking that it would come right back. I got kinda nervous that it wasn't and took a pregnancy test. I'm not pregnant so now I'm wondering if it's because I'm on the mini-pill. Who knows!

I am really getting frustrated here...my LO wakes up at 5 am no matter what! He is absolutely not getting enough sleep at night. He didn't fall asleep until 10 last night and still woke up at 5! I want to spend time with my DH when LO falls asleep so I end up awake until 12 and then up at 5. I'm so tired. Should I be putting him to bed at 5pm?! I hate being stuck at the house that early. His appetite has sort of plummeted too so maybe he's just a little sick. Blahhh
  • An earlier bedtime routine might help? Maybe he's one of those kids that gets over tired and powers through? You could try it for a week or so and see what happens!
  • BabyBoyH92016BabyBoyH92016 member
    edited June 2017
    @Sbrown721 We've been dealing with a 5am wake up for the past 1.5months. This week we've had a few days in a row where he wakes up after 6am. Way too early to say that this phase is over, but I have some hope.

Some things that we have recently done that you might consider.

1. We don't get him before 6am. Usually he doesn't go back to sleep but once in awhile he gets back down for another 30minutes or so.

2. I won't put him down for his first nap until 9am (8:30am at the very earliest if he's really struggling.) I joined a really helpful Facebook sleep training group and learned that letting them nap early just reinforces the 5am wake-up. 

3. Bedtime after 5pm is fairgame. It sucks to be stuck in the house, but you don't want them to acquire a lot of sleep debt. There definitely have been days where my lo is asleep in his crib for the night by 5:30p-6p...and it does not cause him to wake up any earlier. However since doing more scheduled naps (9am and 1:30/2)...I don't have to do super early bedtimes as frequently.

4. Blackout curtains. We are actually putting some up today. Hopefully he will continue to wake-up after 6. His room can get pretty bright after sunrise.

How much daytime sleep is he getting? If he's going to bed super late and waking up at 5am, is he making up for lost sleep during the day? If so, you may want to cap those naps to try and break the cycle. 
  • Congrats @seitzy3 ! And you welcome on TB anytime.

@Sbrown721 I also don't think my LO is getting enough sleep. The earlier bedtime we will have to do better at trying. I don't think we could ever do a 6pm bedtime because then my husband would literally only get to see him for like a half hour a night

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @drabong88 Yeah my husband gets home from work just in time to feed her and put her down. I have her all bathed and in PJ's waiting for him . If he is late I just put her down which sucks but she gets very cranky if she is up past 730 pm! 
  • @jellybiehn is she sleeping through the night with that bedtime? Maybe we really do need to put him to bed earlier 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yes she generally sleeps until 630. We had a period where she was waking up at 430-5 for a few weeks but whatever it was passed finally and she is back in her normal routine.
  • First successful outing to the zoo today. X did great. He wasn't a fan of the feeding the giraffes or petting the bunnies. Other than those he did awesome. Three hours of walking around in the stroller or being carried and he crashed once we left. I'd say it was a very good day.
  • @Sbrown721 what about curtains? Are they blackout? I know my girls blackout curtains help the sleep a tad later 

DD #1 3/26/13
    Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • seitzy3seitzy3 member
    edited June 2017
    Also, 5pm sounds super early! I would try it though and see if it makes a difference. Ava used to go to bed at 7 and would wake up at 6am on the dot. Now she goes to bed at 6:15 and sleeps until 7. Not sure if putting her to bed earlier helped or if it was just a phase. Hope you can get some sleep soon @Sbrown721.  Oh! And also, an s16 mama just got pregnant without getting her period and nursing so it's possible :wink:

DD #1 3/26/13
    Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • I second the black out curtains. They definitely help my son sleep both earlier at bedtime and later in the morning, especially now that it's summer and it's bright out all the time.

Bryce has entered this new phase (oh dear god, let it be a phase) where he yells ALL.THE.TIME. He isn't crying and doesn't seem to need anything when he is yelling. He's just decided that shouting is now the best form of communication. Any tips on getting him to not scream all day? I have't been able to figure out any solutions.

• Anyone have experience with upper lip ties? LO had one and at this point they think it's purely cosmetic and shouldn't cause issues with speech or eating. This is what his pediatrician said. We don't see a pediatric dentist until he's one. I'm wondering if this is something he'll eventually have to get cut.
  • We had LO lip and tongue tie clipped when she was 3 or 4wks old. We also had my sons done after he was born. It was affecting their latch with both kiddos, they couldn't flare out the upper lip to latch well. it heals very quickly and seems minimally painful. 
    Ive heard many kids end up detaching it on their own if they fall on their faces... not sure that will make you feel any better  :D
  • @hejo2016 I'm really annoyed that this tie wasn't caught by the lactation consultant I saw. Lo would get very fussy at the boob at times and I started to question my supply. By 5 months I was exclusively pumping to make sure lo was getting enough. Perhaps the tie affected his ability to latch well.

They mentioned that some kids end up ripping them on their own. Sounds painful. I'll be curious to see what the dentist recommends doing.