September 2016 Moms
Options

June Randoms

How is it our LOs are going to be a year old in three months?!

Re: June Randoms

• Options
    It's went so fast! Some days still seem like they last forever but I can't believe LO is already 8 months old! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    hejo2016hejo2016 member
    edited June 2017
    I'm glad someone started a June thread  :D
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    jenkar01jenkar01 member
    edited June 2017
    So I've decided my child thinks the cat is his personal chew toy. He is constantly trying to eat his tail and ears. I have to keep stopping him and distract him so the cat can run away. Poor cat lol.
  • Options
    Lol @jenkar01 we are trying to teach 'gentle' over here with our poor dog. Just yesterday she tried to lick the bottom of his paw...poor guy keeps giving me a look that says ' I'm too old for this...' he really has been a good boy. 
  • Options
    jenkar01jenkar01 member
    edited June 2017
    We use/say "Be Gentle" and "Be nice". Most times it works others he just gives me that look and does it anyway. I am going to have my hands full with this one lol.
  • Options
    Struggling with teaching gentle. He still loves to yank my hair and grab/pinch my face hard. I've tried saying "Ow" and "No" really loudly...and that does not really work. Many times he smiles real big and thinks it's funny. I've also resorted to fake crying and he just carries on.   :/
  • Options
    @BabyBoyH92016 hahaha yeah she is more gentle with the dog than me. Once she bit my toe really hard and I said ow( it really did hurt) , but she started crying and I ended up comforting her...for hurting me....wait a minute! I've had no luck getting her to stop slapping my face and those little pinches. 
  • Options
    Oh the hair pulling is a struggle for me too. He loves playing and pulling my hair. It is only my hair. Drives me insane. Tried telling him no or be gentle with no avail. I've kind of smacked his hand a bit then he'll stop but cry a bit. I try not to comfort him but it is hard not to because he is crying.
  • Options
    Random question - is it odd to dress LO in just a onesie in this heat? Like no shorts or shoes? Or would my LO be half-dressed? Haha
  • Options
    From what I read babies overheat easily so I say go for it. My LO hates shoes and socks and frequently went without them after the 4th time putting them on when it was colder. Some people did feel the need to comment but her little toes were always toasty warm so I didn't worry. 
  • Options
    We put our LO in just a onesi frequently especially is We are just around the house.

I am also trying to teach Dylan No and that it means to stop what he is doing....but currently he just smiles and laughs and continues on doing what he was doing. It's so frustrating but so darn cute also lol. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Go for the onesies! We do a lot of leggings only because we have all tile and her knees get rubbed raw. But she's often shirtless w leggings   :D
    No gentle touches over here either! The hair pulling drives me nuts!
  • Options
    We do a lot of t-shirts and shorts or unsnapped onesies with shorts. Definitely no shoes or socks because he can't get around as easily and gets frustrated.
  • Options
    So any one else have a mountain goat for a child? X is trying to climb on everything. When he is on the couch he is climbing up the backside. I can't be more than ​an arm's length from him now. This boy will be the death of me lol.
  • Options
    Yup I do. He pulls himself up on everything and then pulls his little leg up to see if he can climb. Last weekend H and I had our backs turned for a few seconds and when I looked at lo, he had climbed on top of a diaper box we had set on the floor.  I spend my entire day following him around. He's lost interest in his toys and is happiest when he can crawl around, explore, and pull up. I want to put a helmet on him. He makes me so nervous sometimes.
  • Options
    Yes! LO is pulling up and standing in his crib now. He used to CIO to get to sleep, but now that he's pulling himself up I can't let him CIO bc he stands up and doesn't know how to sit back down! I'm guessing he'll figure it out in a few weeks. 

And pumping?! I have to sit on the floor with him with a ton of toys around us and all he wants to do is climb on me and pull the tubing of the pump. Ahh! I end up cutting sessions to 15 minutes instead of 20. I'm not even getting an ounce each session so I may be calling it quits soon here  :/
  • Options
    @Sbrown721 I'm highly impressed you can do even 15minutes on the floor with your lo. Mine also LOVES the tubing and will try to get at it anytime he sees it. 

I pump sitting on a chair and put my lo right next to me in an exersaucer. He can't take much more than 10minutes.  

How often are you pumping? I'm down to 4 times a day and don't pump overnight. 
  • Options
    @BabyBoyH92016 haha our exersaucer is not with us right now bc we're in the process of moving, but he's starting to not enjoy the exersaucer just like your LO! 

I pump 4 times a day too...every 4 hours...I just add whatever I get to his next bottle of formula. It's usually about half an ounce. Not sure if it's worth continuing. 
  • Options
    Yup. Little mountain goat here too. Her favourite thing to climb is stairs now though. She will climb both flights to the second floor ( only with me right behind her at all times) and she goes so fast! We have 3 baby gates at the top and now bottom of all the stairs. Have been trying to teach her how to safely go down too but she's having none of it.

Lol @Sbrown721 I had to go back to rocking her to sleep for naps after she learned to stand also....its been weeks and I'm still doing it. It is just so much easier than CIO! 

• Options
    OMG I am so glad someone else's​ LO attacks the pumping tube. My SO had to keep him entertained while I'm pumping or he will try and pull the tubes out. It is so frustrating trying to do when he isn't here. @Sbrown721 and @BabyBoyH92016 I feel your pain and also commend you for pumping 4 times a day. I am down to 3 times a day for 10 mins each when I am working and twice a day for 10 mins each when I'm at home. Plan is by August to no longer be pumping at work and by his 1st birthday to no longer be pumping at all.
  • Options
    Pumping sessions are the worst when I'm home alone...just so frustrating. He is either pulling in me or my tubing or getting into something he isn't supposed to meaning I have to stop pumping anyway. So frustrating 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Kudos to all of you pumping w your little ones around/awake! I only pump at home when she's sleeping and at work. 
  • Options
    Super impressed with all of you still pumping. Work is too crazy and it's so time consuming. She still prefers breast milk so I feel guilty on days she doesn't eat much formula.
  • Options
    Are you guys giving your LOs snacks in between meals? If so, what are you giving them. 
  • Options
    X gets the Puffs between meals if he acts hungry or if I'm snacking on something he will get some of my snacks. Plus he drinks water here and there. The boys is constantly eating though lol.
  • Options
    Teething is the absolute worse. X doesn't do anything slow. He is getting both his bottom teeth at the same time. Thank god for Tylenol and Motrin.
  • Options
    We do O's for a snack too. Or I'll give her some veggies or something.
    Bummer on teething! So not looking forward to that!
  • Options
    Does anyone know how much a 9 month old should have of formula each day? I have heard to keep going with 24-32 oz and I've also heard their feedings will be cut in half at 9 months bc they should be eating a lot of solids. Right now LO is drinking 6 oz 4-5 times a day (24-30 oz). He was born 9 lbs and is around 17 lbs now. 
  • Options
    That is about what my LO eats as well plus he is constantly eating solids. He was 5.5 lbs and now 16lbs.
  • Options
    @Sbrown721 my DD has about 20-25oz a day, but shes really into solids. has solids X3 a day, breakfast lunch dinner. she has a 6oz bottle after waking up and before bed and couple 4ozs after feedings. but it definitely went down since having solids.hth
  • Options
    I would say my lo is drinking about 25oz a day. Sometimes it can be closer to 20oz if he's teething or sick. He was 8.3lbs born and 20.12 now
  • Options
    Whelp LO two bottom front teeth broke through yesterday. You can feel them but not quite see them. Let the fun begin.
  • Options
    Ugh good luck! Hope it goes by quickly! 
  • Options
    Teething sounds terrible! I'm glad we haven't dealt w it yet...
  • Options
    Okay moms of little boys, I can't believe I'm going to ask this, but has your LO find his extra limb aka penis? X has and every time he gets his diaper changed or takes a bath he goes after it. Lord it starts at a young age lol.
  • Options
    My lo found it a few months ago, but it's been a really long time since he's gone for it...maybe he's forgotten about it lol. It probably has to do with the fact that he is too busy trying to roll and crawl away during diaper changes. 
  • Options
    Haha!! When my son was a baby my husband was shocked he wasn't permanently harming himself w all the violent groping  :D Who am I kidding? Still groping himself at age 4!
  • Options
    @hejo2016 that is how my fiance feels. He's always fussing at him to stop pulling it lol. 

@BabyBoyH92016 playing with it is the only reason he isn't moving like crazy during diaper changes so guess that is the silver lining lol.
  • Options
    @jenkar01 Definitely a silver lining. I hope mine finds his again...serious wrestling matches happening during diaper changes.
  • Options
    Dylan has definitely found his and he finds it so funny to grab it during diaper changes....probably becaue I tell him to stop....I guess he's just laughing at me lol. 
    BabyFruit Ticker