October 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly BFest (5/29-6/4)

Re: Weekly BFest (5/29-6/4)

• Options
    JessDGJessDG member
    I am displaced out of my classroom this week and next and in a "Lecture Room" downstairs.  It looks like the last time this 20 year old carpet has been vacuumed was months ago.  I am so grossed out.  I wish I had my phone down here with me to take a picture.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @JessDG I feel you. Last week I was displaced out of my room and had to teach in the cafeteria. It was disgusting and noisy and just all around horrible.
  • Options
    beezeeebeezeee member
    @migdala same here!
    October 2017 June Siggy Challenge -- "You Had One Job!" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • Options
    @mrs_fogue fwiw, the only reason we actually recycle is because our town makes us pay for special garbage bags, and the recycling bags are significantly cheaper than the normal ones, so it's a huge incentive to use more of those bags. Plus they pick up the recycling just like the garbage. If that wasn't the case...I'd probably be a terrible human being too  ;)

• Options
    Btw, having to buy those garbage bags is a continuous bitchfest for us, lol. They say it's our "garbage fee" but hi, I look at our utilities bill every month and there's always a garbage fee on that, too. Laaaamez

• Options
    @purplestarz thank goodness that's over, amirite?
  • Options
    Brambles23Brambles23 member
    edited May 2017
    I have a couple of bug bites on my stomach and they itch like crazy.  

Edit:  I am also super nauseous for whatever reason today.  Blah.  
    June 2017 Siggy Challenge:  "You had one job to do!"

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We have to pay the five cent deposit on cans and bottles, but we don't get it back when we put stuff in the recycling bin. We could go to the recycling place but it's a huge hassle and not worth the $2 or so we would get back. I'm a big stickler for recycling, but didn't know until DH told me about having to clean things out first. I assume it all gets cleaned again at the facility it goes to.

Also, I'm all about composting at work, restaurants, etc., but we don't do it at home. I just don't really have room for a third bin. 
  • Options
    We have a 5 cent deposit on cans and bottles too. We have to take them to the grocery store to get the money back, which is a pain, but I take the kids with me and let them split the money for their piggy banks. Otherwise I would totally just throw them in the recycle bin 
  • Options
    Oh my goodness, @natleilynn!! I'm so sorry you're still dealing with sickness. (Way to be urgent care docs! Wow!) Glad your primary could give a real diagnosis and give you answers. I hope you're back to feeling normal soon! 
  • Options
    migdalamigdala member
    @natleilynn Urgent care is the WORST!  We went in a few weeks ago when DH was sick and after a thorough checkup the doctor goes, "well, it's either bacterial or viral.  Would you like antibiotics or an antiviral?"  We were like ????? isn't that your job to figure out ??????
  • Options
    riverrainezriverrainez member
    edited May 2017
    With the exception of peanut butter, I'm into recycling. And following the rules of recycling. One of my old coworkers had previously worked for a recycling company, and she was constantly lecturing us about the rules. She always stressed how important it is to clean containers (so it's interesting to hear that CA actually recommended not cleaning, though it makes sense for conserving water) and also how you really need to pay attention to what can and can't be recycled. DH also has a habit of trying to recycle EVERYTHING and I have to explain that it's worse to just throw stuff in there that can't actually be recycled, because it jams the machines and forces the workers to manually sort through stuff. 

We also pay a 10 cent deposit on cans and bottles but never take them back ourselves. There's a kind of unofficial system here where you can expect someone (usually a homeless person or someone who's hard on cash) to come by your street night before the city recycling and take all the cans and bottles that most people are too lazy to return. We end up just sorting them separately from the rest of the recycling and leaving them by the curb in bags so the person can just grab it, otherwise it's kind of annoying to hear them sorting through all your glass and everything at 8 or 9pm.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @natleilynn sorry for the effin incompetent doctors, hopw you feel better very soon !
    My BF this week is also medical... 
    So on april 25th my obgyn told me i had BV. She prescribed tablets and i got rid of the infection. 
    Today at our apointment I asked, since the BV i got was asymptomatic, how will i know if it comes back? She replies that i have to keep an eye on symptoms (dont you know what asymptomatic means!!?!) because its super important to treat it right away or could do damage. 
    I thought it was with the urine sample i have to give each apointment that she had found it(signs of bacteria) ... 
    She then tells me it was during our first apointment (back in feb) that she had done the test (when she also tested for STDs) 
    THANKS FOR LETTING MY BABY AND I LIVE WITH THAT INFECTION FOR ALMOST 3 MONTHS DOC. I thought it was important that it is treated right away???? 
    Aaaaaarrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh&$/%&$:
  • Options
    Omg @natleilynn @yasandson  sometimes i feel like doctors don't actually focus on us as people and instead just zone in on on track (of whatever they are looking for). I swear my nurse has already made up her mind that it's "nothing" or "normal" before I even finish telling her the symptoms I'm experiencing. So sorry y'all went through that!

@PizzaMonster3 I am so with you. I want to walk away from my job every day.
  • Options
    @yasandson. you need to fire your doctor and get a new one. That was slack and her advice is stupid.

**June Siggy Challenge: You Had ONE Job!**

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    asickles98asickles98 member
    edited May 2017
    Yesterday SIL kept trying to get our son who is three to say he wanted a little brother (we find out on the 13). Finally he said no sister and stuck his tongue at her.  I didn't correct him.  He had politely said I don't want a baby brother three times.   What she doesn't get is that he's happy with his sisters, he's OK not having a brother so leave him alone. Today though he said he wanted a brother. Because he's three and he changes his mind every five minutes.  Totally blaming her for him saying this.
  • Options
    @migdala I used to swear by urgent care - they were so much more convenient. But I'm pretty sure they've done me in at this point.
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh.  My whole doctors appointment was so weird today. My ultrasound was at 3:30, and then a regular OB appointment at 4:15. We didn't get called back until 4:00 for the ultrasound. Apparently the receptionist didn't check us in correctly so they didn't know we were there. Then my whole anatomy scan felt super rushed. She was really quiet the whole time and not very friendly. She gave us the ultrasound pics at the end but I didn't look at them until we left. There were two pics of the genitals...one said boy, and one says girl.

WTF.

i mean, she told us it was a boy and pointed out the penis, but come on. I guess she was just super rushed. I'm just annoyed, and now there's a silly little nagging thought in the back of my head that it's really a girl.

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @purplestarz -oh man that sucks. I'd call back and get clarification... just for piece of mind.

I think we recycle way more than we throw away... I'm at the point where I don't care if it's fully cleaned... that includes pb jars  >:)

So I'm going to put this here... because I'm feeling particularly bitchy about it.

First I guess I'll ask the question... how important is it to take a childbirth class? Worth it? Repeated information? I'm trying to remain open minded and rational though I'm irrittated...

At my appointment today the midwife gave me an info packet for the birth center. In the packet, there was a list of classes new parents might be interested in signing up for. The main one was the childbirth class... which happens to be 12 hrs worth of information given- you can take the class in a 6 week session of 1 class/week for 2 hrs, or the weekend class over 2 days (Saturday and Sunday.) DH thinks this is rediculous and that he doesn't need to go. The class teaches about pregnancy and delivery, breathing and calming techniques. He said he doesn't need to know that. 

Now I think it sounds like a good way to prepare for labor- what to expect and how to cope. But he thinks he doesn't need to know that stuff and the nurses will guide us through labor. He also said that women do this all the time and I'm making it out to be worse than I think. (And that I watch too many movies/tv shows.) I told him I would like him there for support... and he needs to know how to support me. He said he will be there in the hospital and that this class isn't going to teach him anything relavent because he's not the one giving birth. Then he had the nerve to compare my sister's postpartum mental health to my mental and physical state during labor.. and let me know he will be the first one to tell the Dr that I'm in need of medication. You don't give postpartum mental health medication to a woman in labor... seriously  :|

He does really want to take some of the other classes... particularly the newborn class... and keeps saying that's really what we need to know. I'm all for taking all the classes that are relavent... and I keep trying to tell him that because he wants to take the one doesn't mean he can't or shouldn't take the other one too.

Ugh.... I'm riled up. Am I overreacting? Do we even need this class? Part of me wants to drag him there now just out of spite. The other part of me is wondering if it really is even necessary.  :s

Me: 36 / DH: 37
    Met: 9/21/08
    Married: 10/5/13
    BFP #1- 2/5/17 * EDD- 10/18/17 * DD born- 10/25/17
    BFP #2 3/18/19 * EDD 11/25/19* DS born 11/30/19
  • Options
    @crazypuglady We did a birthing class that was a couple hours long in the evening for 3 or 4 sessions. We got good info out of it as they covered more than just active labor. They talked about early labor and what to look for, when to go to the hospital, etc. they went over different pain coping mechanisms and how your partner can be of help/support. They also talked about different types of delivery and what to expect in case something goes wrong. We found it all somewhat useful and parts of it not so much. I think we were terrified first time parents and wanted all the info! 
  • Options
    @buttercream_frosting that was my first instinct. Here is my issue, and all of you ladies can tell what you think. I really wanna give birth at the hospital next to our place (5min ride), so my only option is to just ask for a change of doctor in this hospital. But having worked in a medical facility in the past (Secretary) i know how patients who require a change of doctors are perceived by the team of doctors in question (drs bitch a lot about it, i know stupide as F) . And I am scared that i receive an even poorer service from another doc in her team because of that. 
    So im wondering if my only real option is just to stay on top of my game, educate myself more and ask more questions, request straight answers and just hope for the best. 
    What do you all think? 

@purplestarz i had the same issue with our US tec 3 weeks ago. She didnt talk at all barely answered our questions (and was hurting me real bad although i didnt say shit) 

@crazypuglady if its important for you I say insist on him coming, tell him you know he is not gonna learn anything (just to say what he wants to hear lol) but you need him to be there with you. And if he learns a thing or two, which im sure he will unless he gave birth to a kid once, well then you both will be happy lol

• Options
    @crazypuglady I took a childbirth class and a newborn care class the first time around. At the time, I was glad I took them for peace of mind. When it came down to labor though, I don't think it really mattered whether I took the class or not. I didn't really take much from it I guess. The newborn class was good, but I really wish out of all of them I took a newborn cpr/first aid class. I never did but I want to if I can find the time this time around. Just my two cents, but if it's important to you then just make him go.

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    beezeeebeezeee member
    @crazypuglady we didn't do the class, I survived labor & delivery just fine, and I didn't regret not doing the class. However, if it's important to you and it would make you more comfortable, then you should do it and he should support you in doing so. 
    October 2017 June Siggy Challenge -- "You Had One Job!" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • Options
    I personally felt like everything we were told at our childbirth class I could find on the internet. We actually skipped a couple of our classes because I just wasn't digging it. 
  • Options
    @natleilynn - I hope you get the treatment you need, and you feel better soon!  Sorry that happened to you!

weekly Bfest - rude and entitled people who act like they own the world and treat others like dirt. Hmm yup that about covers it. 
  • Options
    @yasandson I'd be reluctant too if they're all connected. I would ask more questions next time and even go see a GP on the side if you ever doubt anything that she says

**June Siggy Challenge: You Had ONE Job!**

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @crazypuglady with our first we could not make the classes when they were offered.  Asked my on about them and he point blank said baby will come with or without them.  I don't regret never taking a birthing class.
  • Options

Thanks for all the input ladies... he said he would do his own research lol. I guess I was more hurt by the fact that he seems to be minimizing the labor process and taking the attitude that it's all on me and "you wanted children so suck it up". I'm more thinking along the lines of more information is better.. and by him being so dismissive as to it not having anything to do with him.. just doesn't sit right with me. At the same time... I know he has no idea what he's in for.. and his attitude towards many things are going to have to change once baby's here lol.

(PS... he really is a good person, a fantastic partner, and will be a great dad... he just sucks when it comes to empathy lol)

Me: 36 / DH: 37
    Met: 9/21/08
    Married: 10/5/13
    BFP #1- 2/5/17 * EDD- 10/18/17 * DD born- 10/25/17
    BFP #2 3/18/19 * EDD 11/25/19* DS born 11/30/19