October 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms | 5.30.17

Re: Weekly Randoms | 5.30.17

• Loading the player...
  • @bluejeanbabi05 sorry about failing the test. I know a lot of people fail it but go on to pass the 3 hour. I've never heard of a special diet for it though. And you're right, that just looks like normal food! 
  • Thanks ladies. I know this is supercommon and even if I have gd it's normally very easily managed. It just feels like IF and PCOS are reaching up out of the grave to grab ahold of me. Damn pregnancy hormones. 

• JessDGJessDG member
    @bluejeanbabi05  I hope you pass the 3 hour test with flying colors!  I am super dreading having that test done and I will probably have to schedule it at my next doctor's appointment.  Did you take your test early?  I think my doc said somewhere between 24 and 28 weeks.
  • @JessDG yes, I have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) which can affect how your body absorbs sugar and is a risk factor for gd, so I had to take it early.

• JessDGJessDG member
    @bluejeanbabi05  Gotcha.  Hope the next test goes better.
  • @bluejeanbabi05 hugs and FX that the 3 hour test is fine! When do you take it? I would be annoyed that they didn't call with the results as well. 
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ariz17ariz17 member
    Somehow I managed to miss this board this week! I'm trying to catch up.. I do have a question..

Has anyone been to one of these "Babies and Bumps" seminars? There is one tomorrow near us and I was thinking about going but it looks like its all classes. We are already signed up for prenatal classes in July, so this might be overkill.

TBT I really wanted to go for free stuff :)

Here's the link: https://babies-and-bumps.com/

• One of my dogs has severe anxiety and I feel like it's getting worse. I hate not being able to calm her down. It started thundering a bit ago and she will not stop shaking and pacing the house while chattering her teeth and crying. It also makes me nervous because she tries to jump on me while I'm laying down. Anyone have a dog with anxiety? We exercise her, give her xanax before storms or fireworks and she takes Prozac daily(the meds are directly from the vet).
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ariz17 ive read from a mom on here that she got free stuff from those. But i could be wrong! 
    @bluejeanbabi05 FX for that 3hours test mama ❤️
  • @ChocolateIsLife no suggestions, but one of ours has anxiety too. We've been able to handle it without medication, but she's completely dependent on our older dog. He's several years older than her, so when he dies we'll likely need to medicate her.
    October 2017 June Siggy Challenge -- "You Had One Job!" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • @ChocolateIsLife no advice, just hugs. We had a dog about 5 years ago who had massive separation anxiety. It got so bad that we had to find her a new home with a retired couple who could be with her all day because we couldnt. She literally chewed her way through the door of the room we kept her in while we were gone one day.

My ILs have a dog with major anxiety and nothing works for her. She hides under their bed during storms and fireworks, also when anyone comes to their house. We're convinced the poor things heart will just give out one day from the stress. 
  • @beezeemarie I'm glad that yours has a companion to rely on, and I hope it stay that way for you for a long time. <3 I really can't tell the difference with ours being on Prozac, but the vet wants us to keep trying. I wish I could rely on the weather channel to be a bit more accurate, that way I could medicate her right before the thunder starts.
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ariz17 said:
    Somehow I managed to miss this board this week! I'm trying to catch up.. I do have a question..

Has anyone been to one of these "Babies and Bumps" seminars? There is one tomorrow near us and I was thinking about going but it looks like its all classes. We are already signed up for prenatal classes in July, so this might be overkill.

TBT I really wanted to go for free stuff :)

Here's the link: https://babies-and-bumps.com/

I thought about going too. They are having a sale on tickets right now. $10 when they are normally $25! 
  • edited June 2017
    @sjohns908 it really breaks my heart at how scared they get. Thankfully she doesn't have separation anxiety, but I have seen cases where they eat through the drywall of a home to try and escape. I'm glad you were able to find a home for your dog that fit her needs, even though I'm sure that was hard to do. <3 Our dog has issues with light and sound. If we open our freezer or take the trash out, she freaks out for a minute, it's bizarre. I've read about sensory therapy, where you gradually immerse them with things that might trigger their anxiety, but I don't want to do that wrong and then give her another fear.

eta: she has calmed down a little which is progress because it usually takes a few hours.
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ChocolateIsLife gosh that sounds stressful. Forgive me because I can't keep everyone super straight in here, but are you a FTM? I would be curious how your dog does with a baby/toddler around. 
  • ariz17ariz17 member
    @ChocolateIsLife the vet recently put our cat on Prozac and I really don't notice a difference either. Hes on Prozac because he bites us though. I think I mentioned this a few weeks ago... I'm wondering if he needs a higher dosage or something because he still acts the same. 
  • @ChocolateIsLife would a thunder vest (or whatever they're called) help?  I have no idea....I haven't had a dog since I was a kid.
    June 2017 Siggy Challenge:  "You had one job to do!"

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @sjohns908 I'm a FTM so it's definitely something we want to work on before baby comes. We have 9 nephews that are all still in diapers, and we have get togethers here and have had them sleepover when babysitting, and she is completely different with them. She is very passive with people/babies and that makes me feel so much better, because I would hate it if the baby crying would freak her out. Get togethers are stressful here though (at least for me), because there are so many kids, and we have 3 dogs and 2 cats, so if all the kids are here, I'll take the dogs to my parents, mainly to protect them from a gang of toddlers thinking they are for riding. 
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ariz17 said:
    @ChocolateIsLife the vet recently put our cat on Prozac and I really don't notice a difference either. Hes on Prozac because he bites us though. I think I mentioned this a few weeks ago... I'm wondering if he needs a higher dosage or something because he still acts the same. 
    How long has he been on it? We may do a higher dosage as well if we don't see improvement. 
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Brambles23 that is actually something we haven't tried and I'm going to check it out right now. She is half border collie, and it might make her feel more secure. We have backpacks that the dogs wear outside, and it's supposed to help with their confidence and make them feel like they have a job, so a thunder vest could be the same concept.
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ariz17ariz17 member
    @ChocolateIsLife He has been on it for about a month now. His dosage is 1 milligram (I think) its a very small dosage. If he doesn't show improvement I think i'll call the vet soon. 

I just can't imagine having to give away my Henry Muffins I love him too much <3  :'(
  • @ariz17 I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and Henry <3 he may just need a higher dosage, and I think once you cross over into the medication working, it's easier to correct and retrain. We just need to get to that point!

Also, I just ordered the thunder shirt and it will be here by Sunday, which is great because it's supposed to rain all week.
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ariz17ariz17 member
    @ChocolateIsLife aww thank you! I hope you have success with your dog and the thunder shirt!
  • ariz17ariz17 member
    @TallMomma29 Honey mustard with anything sounds so good right now! 
  • @canonmom413 ahhhh, allllll the heart eyes!! 
  • JessDGJessDG member
    @Brambles23. We love doing those!!!  I'm usually little to no help, but it is so much fun!!!