Rainy day + sleeping baby = indulging on the internets

1: How many weeks postpartum
?

2: What are your goals for the week ahead
?

3: How was last week?

4: share a Non-scale victory
?

5: How are/have you treated your self this week?

6: 
Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms?

7: GTKY: What were you like as a little kid? 

8: Challenge Update! How's it going with the DR challenge? 

9. What's new with baby and share a cute pic! 

Re: Fit Mama Check-in: May 29

• 1: How many weeks postpartum
    ? 8.5

? 2 days of crossfit, and 3 runs for 5 workouts. Today I did the "Murph" workout at crossfit, this was my first WOD post pregnancy, not sure why I picked this one, since it's quite a crazy one but I actually beat my time from last year by a couple of minutes!  The workout is a mile run, 100 pull ups, 200 push ups, 300 squats, 1 mile run. Some people do it with a 20lb weighted vest. Safe to say I did NOT, nor have I ever! 

3: How was last week? Pretty good, I ran a lot and went for some long walks. Eating was ok - I'm not eating a lot since I'm so busy these days but when I run out of healthy snacks I just grab a piece of whole wheat bread with peanut butter. Not awful, but I don't want to keep eating so many carbs right now. 

? Completing the Murph workout!! 

?  I FINALLY got a pedicure last week and on Wednesday I am getting my hair cut and colored. I'm going back to my dark hair for a bit to see how I like it. 

6: 
    Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? Poor Oscar has reflux! He has started crying halfway through his bottles so we called the pediatrician and she recommended that he take baby Zantac after we went for a visit and she saw him eat. It is so heartbreaking to see him cry and be hungry at the same time but have difficulty eating because he has so much acid reflux. We heard that the Zantac can take up to 2 weeks to work, and that would be the end of this week, but it's not really working so far. Going to call again tomorrow and see if we should also change his formula to a sensitive version of the organic formula he eats now. Besides his reflux he still smiles and acts normally but when he eats it is a struggle. Make me feel 100x worse that I couldn't breastfeed him. 

7: GTKY: What were you like as a little kid? 
    I was pretty reserved in general, I was not a super outgoing kid. I liked to draw and paint, and I LOVED being outside, and I loved riding horses. I was basically a huge nerd haha. 

I'm doing this on days I run. 

9. What's new with baby and share a cute pic! 
    Oscar is smiling so much and starting to grab things with his hands. He is also "talking" more and making tons of noise when he is happy! He loves his tummy time, when I put him on his tummy he rolls himself onto his back eventually so I have to keep flipping him over! I'm noticing he can see further and further. He also reacts when I sing certain songs that he recognizes - songs that I sing to him each morning. It's SO fun watching him become more and more aware of his surroundings and his body every day. 

• Wow @jenny0228 way to go on beating last years Murph!!! That's a huge accomplishment! I was slower by 2min this year :(

So sorry to hear about Oscar's reflux and the eating challenges. That must be so hard. I hope you're able to figure out a formula that works for him! I can't imagine. Sending you Hugs and hope for a solution!!

He is so very cute!!! And what a strong boy to be flipping over!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • PS Post pics of your dark hair!! I wanna see :)
  • edited May 2017

1: How many weeks postpartum
    ? 10 weeks + 5 days

? Continue with 5 days of Working out, to look like this:

MON: CrossFit (DONE)

TUES: Strength / CrossFit / Cardio

WED: Strength / CrossFit / Cardio

THURS: Strength / CrossFit / Cardio

FRI: Strength / CrossFit / Cardio

3: How was last week? It was pretty good!!  I worked out 5 days as I had planned. All 5 included CrossFit workouts, also got in 3 additional Cardio sessions & 4 additional Strength sessions.

? Learning to keep my mouth shut when I'm upset or bothered with things regarding my step kids. For example, last week my (17yo) stepdaughter slept over and then the next morning left for school without making her bed or picking her clothes up off the floor, clothes which included a workout outfit that I had let her borrow the night before. She knows that the house rules here including cleaning up the bedroom before leaving but she told her Dad she didn't have time to it. He called her during her lunch break and told her she needed to come back to the house to take care of it after school. Well, her mother didn't drop her off before bringing her back to her house (hubby had offered to pick up his daughter and bring her back, but her mom said no, she'd do it). Anyways, their excuse? "They forgot." I didn't say a peep or get into a fight with Hubby about it because I've learned that's exactly what his ex-wife wants us to do. Nope. Not gonna do it!!!

? We hired a new cleaning lady that stared last week. YAY!!!! House is so much easier to maintain now that we've had that deep clean. That's a treat to me!! :) 

6: 
    Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms?

7: GTKY: What were you like as a little kid?  I was REALLY into school & also loved being at the beach. I always wanted to play "Classroom" with my bestfriend, brother, dolls, stuffed animals, etc... I even used my closet doors as a "chalk board" and ruined them. OOOPS!!! My summers were spent practicing my penmanship and playing with old Teachers Manuals my neighbor would get rid of, as well as hanging out the beach which was just 10min from our house. I was a bit nerdy and also "sheltered." My parents were very strict and didn't allow me to do what most kids did. That's ok, I figured out stuff that I could do on my own, and I also had a best friend who lived across the street so we would hang out a bunch. She's still my best friend today! She was my MOH and she's Evie's godmother. :)

I haven't been doing it! Sorry!

9. What's new with baby and share a cute pic! Aw, well now that she has some new toys she is loving life, haha. She is so curious and loves to play. Lots of smiles and giggles, but not really any laughter just yet. It's hard sometimes to believe she's a "baby" ... I just see her as being more grown up and mature than that. She's a great sleeper and only wakes up when it's time to nurse usually around 4am then again at 7am and then she passes out until 11am. Although this morning I had to wake her up at 6am because she slept thru her 4am feeding. She's an amazing girl and I still can't believe she's mine!!! Here's a pic we took at the park the other day: 
  • kjd291kjd291 member
    You guyzzz. I'm sorry to not be present and accounted for on here. Things are hellish with my husband working 12hr shifts, and two really sick kiddos. Barely any sleep for me as im up all night because Natalie can't breath. Ugh. Hoping we can get better soon. No time without someone screaming for workouts ATM :(
  • @kjd291 SO sorry mama- sounds like a rough patch for you guys! I hope everyone is healthy again soon so you can get some sleep! Is your husband going through a busy time at work? Hope he's back to a normal schedule this week. FX for calmer happier days for you! And hope through all this the vertigo is staying at bay!

@triwellnessgirl you're just on fire! So consistent with your workouts- you're amazing!! Love that Evie is so good for you while you do your thing and get those double workouts in! She's such a cutie, that smile is so squishy!!! Love it!!!! Also so hard to stay quiet on family issues at times- I have also been trying to know when to not push buttons with my husband now that Oscar is here I feel like some things are just not worth the emotional reaction haha!! Not easy though! 

Also so I got that sit me up seat and Oscar loves it!! :)

so far so good this week- lots of running, I'm just under a 10min mile now. I need to be able to run 7.1 hilly miles at a race in August, but I feel like I can get there. Even if I run slowly I just want to run the whole course and not walk. Right now I can get through 4 miles walking a couple short bits. 
  • @jenny0228 Poor baby Oscar! I pray the Zantac helps quick!!

@triwellnessgirl  seriously good for you for reigning it in. You're better than I. But really that's awesomeone to recognize the ex is not worth it. It took me a while to adjust to that!
    And wahooooo for cleaning ladies! I get so happy when mama's do that for themselves bc it make such a big difference! Evie seriously has such an infectious smile! <3

@kjd291 Sorry to hear little girl isn't feeling well. I know it how overwhelming it feels. Focus on the mini wins of the day and we are here for you if you need! 

I've been finding it hard to balance the babies, and now school work with fitness but I'm getting there. Got one run in, 6 milk walk and two stroller strides classed this week. I'm soooo slow but not discouraged!

My 8 week long body back program starts this week. I'm so stoked and want to do everything I can to stay motivated. Especially since they took before photos. I seriously want to be so proud of myself when I look at the afters. I want to see that I worked hard!!

Okay next weeks worth of meals and snacks planned, fitbit connected to myfitness pal, logging EVERYTHING I eat for EIGHT weeks starts tmw (This seriously will be the most difficult part) and boot camp starts on Tuesday! Goodbye mom bod!  Any other ideas to kick off this motivated summer?!
  • @vino831 GREAT job getting going with your body back program! I'm sure you'll do an amazing job! It's going to be such a busy time for you with school also in the mix but you've got this - keep going and good luck with the bootcamp tomorrow!! 

so longtime-fitmamas @triwellnessgirl @kjd291 @npaulie @serenity13 @vino831 any interest in taking this check-in/chat off TB and onto email or even FB? I have a FB account, I keep saying I don't have FB but it's just because I stopped using it a while ago and deleted all my info. But I still use messenger. I'm not really checking in here anymore except for this topic and I know most of you have moved onto the FB group. We also all have such limited time, so no pressure at all - and don't want to break up the band on TB if that's just the best way to keep it. Just throwing it out there. Any other ideas to keep it going on or off TB? I'd even join the FB group if you all wanted to check in that way!  <3 
  • @jenny0228 YES!! Please please come on over!!!! @serenity13 just posted over there about that too!! Did you email to be added?
  • @jenny0228 YAAAASSS!!! Join the group!

Or if you don't want to be in the big group I was going to suggest we create a new march fit mama FB group?
  • kjd291kjd291 member
    I remember you said you had a FB but just didn't use it.  You really reallyreallyreallyreally (can you tell i mean "really" lol) should join over there. It's just so much easier to check it and respond to posts which is why everyone has ditched TB.  Since we're all busy and don't have the same time for the bump format. The easy part especially is being able to respond directly to people's individual comments instead of typing out their usernames and scrolling around to remind yourself of their posts. Plus the privacy of being able to post pictures and info without it being available to anyone outside the group to see.

I do think it's our best bet of actually sticking with this whole checking in thing/staying in touch. Plus the community we had here over the past ten(ish) months is amazing, and I don't want you to miss out on continuing that! 

OR-I'm very on bored with starting a seporate fit-mama Facebook thing if we want to have a space for all things fitness apart from the baby posts. 
  • kjd291kjd291 member
    And - I also use Facebook ONLY for 1: messenger and 2: to check my two bump mom group pages
  • Ok! Yay!! I'll request to be added! 
  • jenny0228 said:
    Ok! Yay!! I'll request to be added! 
    WOOHOO!!
  • I want to be added to Facebook! Haha it's dead here :(
  • Send a message to @KellyT22 with your email to be added...there are other admins too but I'm not sure what their names are on here.