August 2017 Moms
Options

ftm check-in: week of 5/29

How far along are you? 

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go?

Cravings?

Rants/Raves?

Questions for FTM, STM+?

GTKY: What's your favorite summer activity? 
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: ftm check-in: week of 5/29

• Options
    How far along are you? 28 weeks and 4 days

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? In one week, regular 30 week appt

Cravings? Again, more sweets and just more hungry...

Rants/Raves? I'm noticing i'm out of breath faster than usual. Seems more challenging to breath. Joys of pregnancy! Also, weather is not great today, cloudy and going to rain! Boo, why is the weather nice M-Th when i'm at work???

Questions for FTM, STM+? When did you discuss a birth plan with your doctor? My doctor never asked. Also, can you be elective to choose to be induced when you're past your due date, or will the doc wait as long as possible? 

GTKY: What's your favorite summer activity? Hanging out with friends at either a bbq or poolside, drinks in hands, and good music playing. That's summer, next year, I'll have a little side kick ;)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @jacksonbears since the practice I go to has multiple OBs and I have zero clue who will deliver, I never discussed my birth plan but did have the main points written down in my "birth booklet." That way DH could make sure I got what I wanted. Mine wasn't detailed at all. Induction wise, discuss that with your OB. Everyone varies on their policy. Like I know the practice I go to will not let anyone get past 41 weeks but o know of others that allow 42 weeks. Some allow earlier induction at 39 weeks. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 27 + 2 

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? My 26 week appointment was last week. I loved this OB (it was my first time seeing her). She is a runner too and I really felt a connection with her. She seems great technically and has excellent bedside manner. I'm hoping she is on call when I deliver. 

Cravings? Ice cream but my GD test is Saturday so I'm trying to behave this week 

Rants/Raves? I am so exhausted. It started on Saturday when I turned 27 weeks. I feel like I'm back in my first trimester again. I'm having bloodwork done on Saturday as well...I wonder if this could be related to iron deficiency? 

Questions for FTM, STM+? See above! 

GTKY: What's your favorite summer activity? Sipping cold beers/picnicking at outdoor summer concerts! When baby is old enough we'll take him/her to go see the orchestra at their outdoor concert venue. 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• Options
    How far along are you? 
    30 weeks 5 days
    Had my 30 week appointment Friday. Everything is looking good.
    Cravings?
    Onion rings!
    Rants/Raves?
    My childbirth class has been great and informative, but I got freaked out when they said people with high blood pressure are at higher risk for c sections. I have white coat syndrome so I know my blood pressure will be high and really don't want a doctor to push me into a c section because of that.
    Questions for FTM, STM+?
    STMs did you have a different doctor deliver your baby than the one you've always seen? There are 2 doctors in my practice, but I've never seen the one because she was on maternity leave till recently. I have appointments scheduled till 35 weeks and I'm still not seeing her. I feel like I may not see her unless she's the one who delivers.
    Summer fairs! Love all the fair food and animals!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 30 weeks tomorrow! 

I had an ob appointment.  It went well. She thinks my swelling is from dehydration. I had a lot of protein in my urine as well, so they have told me to drink a ton of water every day to help fix that. 

Cravings? More sweets! 

Rants/Raves? My family was here this weekend, and I ate way too much food. I was up half the night Saturday, feeling like I could puke. I will never do that again!  I also had my tdap last week and I felt like crap the whole next day. I didn't think about that until someone else mentioned it on here, and I looked up symptoms. I was miserable most of Friday. 

Questions for FTM, STM+? Nope 

GTKY: What's your favorite summer activity? Weekend trips to Acadia National Parks. I lived about 45 minutes away, so we would make day trips out of it. DH and I got married there as well. I miss it now that I live in Boston. 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Options
    Re:different doctors, I rotated through all the doctors at my last practice except one who was specializing in surgery at the time. For half a second I thought he'd do my c section and I cried because I didn't want to have the one provider I hadn't met and the only male to do it. A doctor I had only seen 2x made sure she did it. She's wound up being a friend and moved practices last summer. I followed her from an office 15 minutes from my house to one 45 min to an hour away.  I have not seen any of the other 3 doctors. She has scheduled my c section already and made sure she didn't take vacation till after. I'm spoiled. 
  • Options
    @jacksonbears what @bumpybump said re: induction. That's definitely a practice by practice decision so I'd ask your OB.

How far along are you? 28 weeks tomorrow!

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? Have to get the Rhogam shot this week since I'm O-. Meh.

Cravings? Sweets. All of them. Normally I hate sweet breakfasts (waffles, pancakes, etc) but it's all I want.

Rants/Raves? Rave: Spent MDW in Daytona for the Daytona Country 500 at the Daytona International Speedway. Since DH's best friend is a country music artist and was playing, we we able to be driven around and spent most of the time on his bus so this mama wasn't dying of heat stroke. I'm not a NASCAR fan but driving my car on the track and seeing how insanely steep the embankment is was definitely cool! Rant: I've been having terrible SI joint pain that my chiro hasn't been able to fix. Yesterday morning I bent over to throw something away and basically blew my back out. I *think* it's just muscular and was a spasm that strained everything, but I'm essentially immobile now. The drive home was terrible! I did take Tylenol and had a ThermaCare heat wrap on for the last 8 hours so it's provided some relief, but man back pain is debiliattaing. Send help!

Questions for FTM, STM+? Anyone get the Rhogam shot? Terrible or not so bad?

GTKY: What's your favorite summer activity? Basically what we did this weekend, but with me being able to drink ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 
  • Options
    @BlackNYellow the fatigue could be from iron deficiency or it could just be fro
     growing a baby. The blood test should tell :)

@Kathryn0903 it's definitely a possibility with the I go to that I'd have delivery by an OB I've never met. There's like 8 OBs in this practice and depending on who's on call, depends who will deliver. Last time around, the OB who delivered DD was one I only met the day prior to my indiction. They knew she would be on call so they made sure I met her for a few mins. The only way I can guarantee who will deliver is to schedule a csection with one. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Other question: anyone feel like their belly button is going to rip? Not the skin, like 3 inches of the muscle underneath. 
  • Options
    @mrsmatt1212 I hear ya on the SI joint problems (my right side has been out of place on/off since October). I'm sorry that you threw your back out on top of that! That drive must have been pure misery! 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• Options
    @BlackNYellow it's the worst! I've felt like there's a permanent kink in my back since like 18 weeks. So annoying, and now this!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 26+5

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? GD screening next Friday.

Cravings? Cinnamon rolls

Rants/Raves? Rant: It finally happened. Someone said something stupid to me. My aunt told me she thinks I'm having twins. Nope. Also, we've waited too long to buy our glider and it's no longer available. It makes me nervous to order one online that I haven't tried out.
    Rave: Just put in a request for vacation time for a much needed long weekend with DH. We plan to 'staycation' and get some stuff done around the house for baby prep.

Questions for FTM, STM+? Does your baby's movement change a lot? I still feel movement, but not as strong as a few weeks ago. I'm thinking they've maybe moved to a different position or something. 

GTKY: What's your favorite summer activity? I'm actually not a fan of summer heat, but I love that the shaved ice places are open, and I like being able to be outside at night on the deck/patio. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    How far along are you? 30+5

Cravings? Not really, but Sunday we were nearby this restaurant that makes the most insane grilled cheese sandwiches and I was all, "I HAVE to have one." Grilled cheese with gooey mac and cheese on Texas toast with a thick tomato soup dip... amazing. That's really not a pregnancy craving though as those sandwiches are crave-worthy any time. 

Rants/Raves? I'm so damn sick of being so damn tired. 

Questions for FTM, STM+? Not right now, no. 

GTKY: What's your favorite summer activity? Summer is my least favorite season because I hate being hot and having to layer on the sunscreen for anything I want to do outside. So, I'll say the festivals that Chicago has are my favorite- we were at a music fest Sunday, this upcoming weekend is Maifest (complete with Oompa music), and the weekend after that is Lit[erature] Fest, Rib Fest, and Blues Fest. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @DeansGirl14 we are thinking of heading to maifest this weekend as well, at least for a bit in the earlier afternoon. I think it will be a bit too crowded/ hot for this lady later in the day. I do love Chicago in summer, the beach, the parks, festivals, so much more to do and usually for cheap. Getting the grill up and running always makes dinners easier. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    @smallbutmighty77
    At least Maifest has huge tents to beat the heat! DH and I will be there with a few mobility-challenged senior citizens so if we can't stake out a section of table for us all to sit for awhile, it's doubtful we'll be staying long. 
    Last year was hilarious- my sister and BIL  came down to visit and BIL and DH got all "I love you man" drunk. Then we went home and ordered Tortoricies pizza. I'm usually one of of 1000 people who drink the wine rather than the beer too. Not this year....

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    FeliciosityFeliciosity member
    edited May 2017
    How far along are you?
    30 + 5

I have one this Friday.

Cravings?
    Protein, fruit

Rants/Raves?
    Okay, so I had a couple of weird episodes over the weekend that I am pretty sure were blood pressure drops. The first one was on Saturday. I had been up for a few hours and had already eaten an early breakfast. I was in the kitchen making pancakes and I started feeling tired of standing. I tried pushing through to finish the last pancake, but then I felt woozy. I sat down and asked DH to get me some water. Then my heart started pounding, my ears felt fuzzy, I broke out into a sweat, and I got extremely dizzy. After a minute of this I realized it may be a blood pressure thing so DH helped me to the couch to lay down. After a few minutes of laying down on my left side, I felt better. It happened again while I was sitting down in church the next day, only it wasn't as severe. I felt light-headed and my heart started beating fast, so I went to lay down right away and it passed. A lady at my church is a Labor and Delivery nurse, so someone sent her in to check on me after a while. She said I was doing everything right, but it still makes me nervous...

Questions for FTM, STM+?
    So on that note (from rant above): Have any of you experienced bp drops during your pregnancies? What was your experience? I was told that some are more prone to it than others. I'm so scared it is going to happen again at work. Definitely going to bring this up at my appointment on Friday too...

I love gardening on warm summer mornings before the heat really kicks in. Always have.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    27 Weeks, 2 days

None. Next week I have my GD test. (I already asked about the flavors and they have orange and lime (yay no fruit punch).

Cravings?
    This weekend the urge for strawberries hit pretty hard, which is great timing because they are in season now and all the farm stands are starting to put them out. I ate an entire container of them with my breakfast today.

Rants/Raves?
    MDW was a bit of a dud weather wise here but I was kinda happy about it since we spent basically the entire weekend busting ass renovating. Getting really hard to renovate and do the work with my belly.

Questions for FTM, STM+?
    None at the moment, but I swear I always think of things afterwards.

I love eating outside. We'd pack a wine with a cheese and charcuterie plate and head down to the river to watch the sunset. Another favorite is crab nights. Get a few dozen blue crabs and just sit out on our back deck for hours picking them and drinking beer.

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Feliciosity haven't had them during pregnancy but used to get BP drops pretty frequently before pregnancy. My baseline is already low (102/60) so when it would drop it would be exactly what you described. And usually at work. I'd definitely bring it up with your doc and maybe buy a portable BP monitor to just check. 

It could also be glucose drops, so maybe keep some candy on hand to eat when you feel it coming on.
  • Options
    AbbeyHAbbeyH member
    @Kathryn0903 RE: different doctors. I ended up going into labor on a holiday weekend- my practice has six or so OBs but with it being a holiday- I was told that it would be another OB (not in my practice) well- labor took 22 hours so it ended up being another one-- confession I have no clue who delivered my son!!

@mrsmatt1212 RE: belly buttons. Mine killed all last pregnancy. I assumed it was normal stretching and that I was a whimp. Turns out I had an umbilical hernia that I got repaired about a year later. Fingers crossed that is not the case for you!
  • Options
    kvh22kvh22 member
    @mrsmatt1212 - I had round ligament pain that hurt so badly I cried when I moved before I started getting some tylenol in my system. I never knew that could happen. I hope you feel better today! When I called my OB, she said to put the heating pad off and on, but not to keep it on constantly to make sure I didn't raise my body temp. I used to use those heat wraps for period pain and I would get pretty hot, so just want to make sure the same wasn't happening to you.

How far along are you? 28+1

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? Upcoming appointment on Friday. We'll listen to the baby's heartbeat on the doppler and I'll probably have a NST to see if the arrhythmia is still there.

Cravings? Hungrier but get full quickly. I've been trying to eat more iron-rich foods and I've found I'm more into steak than chicken which is not normal for me.

Rants/Raves? Rave: We're visiting our families (for 2 weeks) and I had my shower on Saturday which was amazing. My mom and MIL planned it and it came out great. It was supposed to be a surprise but I was being bitchy about the excuse my mom made DH tell me for why we couldn't go up to our family's lake house so he eventually caved.
    Rant: I am already dreading Christmas when we have to split time between our families (we live across the country - our parents live 4 miles apart). We'll likely be visiting for 1 1/2 - 2 weeks and MIL is competitive about # of nights spent at each house. DH and I were arguing about it already since I can't spend more than 2 days around MIL without needing a break or risking saying something to seriously offend her. She basically offends me within 30 minutes of being in her presence and I just hold my tongue but it would be horrible for everyone involved if I were to offend her because she can be so dramatic :/

Questions for FTM, STM+? Is there such a thing as washing baby sheets/bibs/changing pad covers and clothes too early? I've seen people recommend not to wash all the clothes in case you have to return something (baby is too big for newborn clothes, etc.) but just wondering if there's a benefit to wait to wash them until closer to the baby's due date.

GTKY: What's your favorite summer activity? Both my mom and dad's sides of the family have lake houses and it is so much fun to go up there.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @kvh22 I feel you on the 'splitting time' crap. Except it is my mom who is like that. my niece is currently in AZ with her other grandparents for a few days at their vacation house. She is coming here next week and my Sister, niece and BIL are staying with me/DH since my mom just got out of rehab...
    Mom's immediate response to them staying with us 'Well I better get to see my granddaughter- I expect her here in the morning to have breakfast and play'. Like, lady-we are planning to do things in the city, they aren't driving to the burbs to drive back- but you are welcome in my house any and all times. Plus, you just had a damn stroke- calm down about the time you need with an energetic 6yo. 

The 'even time' discussion has already started from her when it comes to my daughter and my parents live 5mins from my in laws too. Ugh.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    @AbbeyH totally wouldn't be surprised if this was a hernia because it's small-ish and is such a different, pulling pain. 

@kvh22 tbh, it probably is too hot  :# but it's providing so much relief! Also I'm in FL and it's 97° so that probably doesn't help my core temp either! Texting my midwife now lol
  • Options
    @kvh22  I know how you feel with the time splitting thing.  DH and my parents lived 2 miles apart for years and when DH and I moved to Boston, things got interesting.  At first it was easy, becuase his parents weren't as comfortable letting us sleep together (we were engaged and lived together), so we stayed at my parents, but then when we were married it was all about splitting time evenly.  We would literally pack 2 bags each, and just spend every other night at each house (not fun!).  Christmas was the worst, becuase he only had his parents and bro at home, where as my entire family lived in the area, so they would all come over.  We had to rush christmas with his family so I could see mine in the afternoon.  Thank god they live apart now!  We are actually trying to convince my family to come to us this year!  I would love to have a christmas in my house for once! 
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 31 weeks today

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? Next one this Thursday and start every other week appointments after this!

Cravings? Does energy count?

Rants/Raves? Rants - my tiny stomach. Raves - my DH participating in prepping for baby.

Questions for FTM, STM+? How do you get your head in the right place for birth?

GTKY: What's your favorite summer activity? Hiking. No can do this year because I am limited to about 15 minutes of walking at a time. Paddle boarding and all water sports which I cannot do either. I am so lame!
  • Options
    kvh22kvh22 member
    @smallbutmighty77 - oh jeez. I hope your mom realizes it's for the best and is able to come by plenty but not overdo it.

@littlebug2010 - Yes to all of this! I was never invited to stay over at MIL's (in the 10 years we were dating/engaged before getting married) and all of a sudden we're now expected to split time because we're married. We wasted no time TTC and were pregnant before our first visit home as a married couple 7 months later but she kind of missed the boat in making me feel comfortable staying at her house. I can't imagine shuttling a 4 month old w/ all of their stuff back and forth between the houses but it seems like that's what's going to be expected. The IL's keep talking about moving south (to get away from the cold New England winters) and I feel like that would just make it easier.

@emilyrose807 I love paddle boarding, too! Sorry that you are so limited with what you can do for physical activity.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    JWatt5JWatt5 member
    How far along are you? 29w2d

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? Appt last week went alright - first one with my regular OB instead of my family doc or OB med. Nice that appts are every two weeks now!

Cravings? Not noticing anything - still loving ice cream though.

Rants/Raves? I think my fingers/hands are starting to swell a bit - the weather has changed but I dont remember my rings feeling tighter last spring...they aren't super tight, just a little snugger.

Questions for FTM, STM+? Anyone know when the boobs start getting bigger (if they also didn't for you from the beginning). When I was still on the hormones they got a bit bigger but went down once I went off them in the first trimester - I swear they are smaller than when I got pregnant!

GTKY: What's your favorite summer activity? Relaxing up at the cottage - I love it up in Muskoka, it's always been my happy place!
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Options
    @kvh22 DH and I talked about just staying at a hotel for a while, but then his parents moved.  We are visiting his grandparents right after baby is born, and we will be getting a hotel at that point.  Its too much to try and stay at their house this time around.  My parents have a really nice space for us, and they are getting a crib for LO, so we will stay with them. For the ILs we will just drive home each time (they are close, but Boston traffic is awful).  
    IVF started Feb 2020
  • Options
    @JWatt5 if your breasts don't increase by delivery, I'd say once your milk comes in you'll see an increase. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @Feliciosity Definitely sounds like your blood pressure. I'm sure you're working on it, but make sure you're staying extra hydrated. Maybe you were locking your knees too when making breakfast, that can also make it a little 'easier' to pass out. Hope it doesn't happen again!

How far along are you? 
    28+3
    Appointment today and it went great! Heart a nice acceleration and got to catch up with the NP in the practice that has become a friend. 
    Cravings?
    Cheese pizza and ice cold beer. 
    Rants/Raves?
    Rant: A little sunshine would be nice!
    Rave: Picked our pediatrician, glad to check that off my list!
    Questions for FTM, STM+?
    Per usual, none that I can think of at this moment.....
    Sitting out on the back deck for dinner and drinking too much wine.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MrsVP614 OMG, cinnamon rolls. Now these are my craving. With maple frosting.
  • Options
    @Feliciosity Sounds like it could be a panic attack too. Do you have a cuff that you can check your BP?
  • Options
    @kvh22 Thanks. I feel sorry for myself too (haha). I"m such a go-getter person that it is hard to rest, but if I don't, I completely crash. Better to at least get to do something. I spend a lot of time (on the couch with my feet elevated) thinking about working out more normally in mid-Sept. I'm nuts, I know.