January 2018 Moms
Options

Monday Ticker Change: 5/29

If you're due 1/1, 1/8, 1/15, 1/22 or 1/29 this thread is for you!

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY: "Back in My Day" (Stolen from TTGP): What's something you love from your childhood that totally dates you?
DS1: Nov. 2013
DS2: Jan. 2016
DS3: Dec. 2017
Baby #4 on the way!

Re: Monday Ticker Change: 5/29

• Options
    KatieElKatieEl member
    1. 8 weeks, baby's the size of a raspberry

2. Nauseous, though the last two days it's been coming in waves instead of just constant misery, so I guess I'll take this slight improvement. 

3.  No appointments this week!

4. Rant: drinking water seems to make my nausea worse.  I can feel it sloshing around my belly, and it makes me want to die!  I normally only drink water (and a lot of it) so this really stinks.  Rave:  DS1 and DS2 start summer solution "camp" this week, so I'm going to get some time to myself to rest (and pack!).

5. Fun Dip candy, Salute my Shorts/Hey Dude, LA gear shoes.
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Options

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 6 weeks today, we are now a sweet pea 

2. How are you feeling?  So sick.  I may have gotten the stomach bug going around 

3. Any appointments this week? Not yet 

4. Rants/raves/questions? None 

5. GTKY: "Back in My Day" (Stolen from TTGP): What's something you love from your childhood that totally dates you? TGIF on TV 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 7 weeks, baby is the size of a blueberry

2. How are you feeling? eh, depends on the day. Mornings have been rough. I'm tired a lot and the nausea has kicked in again.

3. Any appointments this week? not this week. Our 1st appt is next Thursday and it can't come soon enough 

4. Rants/raves/questions? Still raving about the Sea Bands. Seriously, life savers. Ranting about my 5 yo. I feel bad bc I'm always tires and don't have the energy to devote to her.

5. GTKY: "Back in My Day" (Stolen from TTGP): What's something you love from your childhood that totally dates you? TGIF programming 
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?
    9 weeks, cherry
    2. How are you feeling?
    My boobs and nipples are hurting something fierce right now. Other than that, still hungry all the time. My fatigue comes and goes.
    3. Any appointments this week?
    This Friday is my ultrasound, can't wait!
    4. Rants/raves/questions?
    None
    5. GTKY: "Back in My Day" (Stolen from TTGP): What's something you love from your childhood that totally dates you?
    ET and NKOTB
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?    9 weeks, cherry 

2. How are you feeling?  super tired. I haven't even gotten out if my pj's today. Also having a lot of cramps, my digestive system has slowed down so much and every time I each I get cramps.

3. Any appointments this week?  I mentioned in the appointments thread last week some of the challenges we are facing with this pregnancy. This week I have a genetics appointment and will hopefully get more answers on when I can know if my LO is ok.

4. Rants/raves/questions?  none really

5. GTKY: "Back in My Day" (Stolen from TTGP): What's something you love from your childhood that totally dates you?  I used to watched Saved by the Bell everyday after school 
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 7 weeks - baby is the size of a blueberry!

2. How are you feeling? Overall pretty good - I can't really complain! Some boob tenderness, fatigue, and a very finicky appetite.

3. Any appointments this week? I just had my first ultrasound today! It was so relieving to finally see my little blueberry up on the screen and detect the heartbeat!

4. Rants/raves/questions? After my appointment this morning, my OB office emailed me a payment schedule. The estimated the total cost of all prenatal care including labor and delivery and want me to have it paid in full by my 24th week. They want me to pay 25% of the total cost each month, beginning with my next appointment in 2 weeks. But having only been to their office once and met just one doctor on the team, I'm not certain I will definitely with them all the way through, and don't necessarily want to pay hundreds of dollars at my nine week appointment until I am more confident in my decision. Is this pretty standard or a bit early to pay 25% of the total including delivery?

5. GTKY: "Back in My Day" (Stolen from TTGP): What's something you love from your childhood that totally dates you? Hmm... watching Full House with my family. :)
  • Options
    KatieElKatieEl member
    @RookieAlert I'm pretty sure that's illegal. A dr office requested similar from friends of mine (2 attorneys) who definitely declined saying a few key phrases and their dr offices backed right off. Let me reach out to them and find out what exactly they said. 

And on a personal note, I changed practices at 16 weeks with DS1, different practices for DS2 (move), and this baby (seeking a homebirth) and nobody I worked with at any of those practices (OB, 2 hospital based midwife practices, and a home birth midwife) ever requested upfront payment like that.
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Options
    @KatieEl Thanks for responding, I would love to hear what your friends said in this situation. My plan was to start off going to the OB/Gyn office closest to our home, and then tour a few hospitals and also one birthing center in the area to see where DH and I feel most comfortable, and then select a provider that is associated with that place. But this early on, we haven't had time yet to tour any of these places and I haven't seen a need to rush as long as I was getting my prenatal care underway, but now that they want me to pay a quarter of my total bill at my next appointment in less than 2 weeks, I feel under pressure to decide quickly whether or not I want to stay with them or where I prefer to switch to because I don't want to pay all that money up front and then never get it back!
  • Options
    KatieElKatieEl member
    @RookieAlert reached out to my friend this morning, I will keep you posted!
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Options
    @RookieAlert my OB office has me pay towards my deductible at each visit through my pregnancy. They never explained the amount just that it's  $107 each visit then after my deductible it's all covered at $0. Even if I change practices it is still going towards the deductible. Maybe it's something like that?
  • Options
    @RookieAlert my OB office has me pay towards my deductible at each visit through my pregnancy. They never explained the amount just that it's  $107 each visit then after my deductible it's all covered at $0. Even if I change practices it is still going towards the deductible. Maybe it's something like that?
    @RookieAlert this is how it was for my 1st pregnancy as well. Deductible had to be paid in full by the 7th month.

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• Options
    My office wants me to pay MORE than my total deductible at my 9 week appointment... and paid in full by the 5th month... I just feel like this is a lot to pay up front..
  • Options
    Hmm well then I'll echo what @KatieEl said. That's illegal. They cannot charge you over your deductible for services not yet rendered 
  • Options
    clearlyclaraclearlyclara member
    edited June 2017
    Oops! Deleted cuz I posted in the wrong thread :)