January 2018 Moms
Options

Pregnancy Questions and Concerns: Week of 5/28-6/3

Re: Pregnancy Questions and Concerns: Week of 5/28-6/3

• Options
    @tinman87 Your question cracked me up! Because I have the same fear. Sneezing, coughing, straining when I'm constipated… I'm always afraid I'm gonna push the little bean out! I know it's not a logical fear, but I feel it anyway.

@belhurstbride This is my second rodeo, but my first birth month board (July '16) was organized just like this one. I loved it. I'm a librarian, and the organization appealed to me. It's what made the bump different from other baby communities.  I couldn't stand seeing 20 posts that all said, "OMG, my boobs hurt! Is this normal?" If you prefer communities with more random organization, and lots of one off posts, maybe you would like Baby Center better?  I think it is still like that over there.

@meaghanmarx I'm not sure. What does your doc say? My doctor doesn't do hCG draws, but if your doctor isn't concerned, then that number is probably good. 

• Options
    @mdfarmchick positive vibes your way!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    cyanope said:
    I was on the Bump before the "exodus" with my first pregnancy, which *TW* ended in miscarriage. I agree that the boards were MUCH more active then, but I also agree with @burnsmommy27...a LOT of the activity was more cut-throat than it is now. Don't get me wrong, the snark and sarcasm that abounded in those days was incredibly entertaining, but I honestly felt like I was just in a "Mean Girls" sequel. The boards (before the rules changed and all of the banning started) were BRUTAL. Yeah, there was a lot more freedom with the random posts, but there was also a lot more flaming back then. If you started a post that the regulars deemed as redundant or common sense, you were buried alive. Again, entertaining...but pretty ridiculous. I'm sure that wasn't the experience for everyone, but that was my observation.  

Yes, when I was on here before with my last pregnancy the flaming was so bad over little things. And some where just regional/country differences. It was not fun to see that, and did make me very hesitant to participate all the time. I am so glad that has calmed down, and while people still correct others at times, it is in a might nicer way. 
    BFP #1 1/4/14  |  Diagnosed with Trisomy 13 at 12 weeks 3/6/14  |  MMC 3/21/14  |   D&C 3/24/14
    BFP #2 7/1/14  |  DS born March 2015
    BFP#3 5/22/17 | MC 6/17/17 at 7w3d
  • Options
    I hated my Dec 15 board. There was a lot of cattiness and mean girls in it in the beginning. Once we created the facebook group I never went back. I've cautiously been posting again this time around because everyone was so mean on there. But I've found, so far, that it's much better, and I'm not sure if its because of the organization of it now, or the banning, but I feel much less anxious posting this time. Also, I really like the organized boards because I know if I want to see if there are questions and concerns, hey... look... theres the board for it, now I can see what everyone is concerned about this week.

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @PleaseSendPicklesNow it's totally not logical at all, and I know it but same as you, I feel the fear every time bad constipation kicks in, I drive down a bumpy road, or those dagum sneezes!!!!
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick I had a "some what" of a period 2 weeks ago, like I mean A LOT of bright red bleeding, then last week more red bleeding but turns out everything is fine (: ! Praying you fine also :smile: . Turns out mine was from baby being implanted low in my uterus on or around where where my scar tissue from my c section was !
  • Options
    cyanope said:
    Maybe that hasn't been the experience of some other posters, but I find it a little offensive to just straight up say, "Hey...this little community you guys have created here? It sucks. You should have seen what it was like back in our day."  I know that isn't necessarily the message that was intended, but that's kind of how it came off. 

And the response to this has always been "Well, we prefer it so post in the threads we've deemed appropriate or we won't answer your question and will instead just tell you where you should post." So I mean, the unwelcoming vibe is going both ways. 

@mdfarmchick, prayers you get an answer from your doctor. Be warned, ER's are notoriously awful at handling pregnancy patients and are very likely to give you a blanket threatened miscarriage response before just sending you on your way. Unless you're in a significant amount of pain it probably isn't worth the headache.
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    mksfavmksfav member
    @mdfarmchick hopes and prayers being sent your way! 
  • Options
     If you prefer communities with more random organization, and lots of one off posts, maybe you would like Baby Center better?  I think it is still like that over there.
    Even when the snark was alive and well and I was a willing participant nothing ever made my eyes roll harder than the "well if you don't like it maybe you should go to BBC" posts. And in this instance, I'm saying I miss the community feel that used to be prevalent on TB. Maybe not on the tri boards, but it always was on my month boards. And we all know there's zero community feel on BBC. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    cyanope said:
    Maybe that hasn't been the experience of some other posters, but I find it a little offensive to just straight up say, "Hey...this little community you guys have created here? It sucks. You should have seen what it was like back in our day."  I know that isn't necessarily the message that was intended, but that's kind of how it came off. 

And the response to this has always been "Well, we prefer it so post in the threads we've deemed appropriate or we won't answer your question and will instead just tell you where you should post." So I mean, the unwelcoming vibe is going both ways. 
    Maybe it's all a perspective thing, but I haven't had that experience at all. I've seen ladies say hello and welcome the new poster and point them in the direction of different threads where they may get more responses. To me, that seems helpful, not hurtful. I haven't felt an unwelcome vibe at all.

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• Options

@BelhurstBride Lol I don’t think you are an old hag! Everyone has different preferences—no shame in that at all! I like the venting or thinking out loud anyway! Maybe there is a way we can sort of do both?

@amberrmariee20 OMG I like the idea of a “how you really feel thread” that is different than the UO thread, which I also love.

Sadly, I kind of want a troll or two… entertainment, ya know? But I never saw how brutal it was!

@mdfarmchick Definitely saying a prayer and sending you positive vibes. 

AFM I really cannot wait to curl  up with my cats or dog and watch Dateline tonight. Hope I can stay awake until 11. That's not a symptom exactly but feels like a cure for my symptoms now!

*TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    @mdfarmchick I sincerely hope and pray that your baby is doing OK.
  • Options
    cyanope said:

And the response to this has always been "Well, we prefer it so post in the threads we've deemed appropriate or we won't answer your question and will instead just tell you where you should post." So I mean, the unwelcoming vibe is going both ways

@mdfarmchick, prayers you get an answer from your doctor. Be warned, ER's are notoriously awful at handling pregnancy patients and are very likely to give you a blanket threatened miscarriage response before just sending you on your way. Unless you're in a significant amount of pain it probably isn't worth the headache.
    Hmmm...not my experience at all. I'm going to have to agree with @missblaze on this one. When someone starts a random thread, they are usually VERY warmly welcomed, and encouraged to check out the pinned threads. Don't really know what's "unwelcoming" about that, but hey...everyone has their own perspective.
    Like I said in a previous post, I like how the Bump was back then too. It was entertaining (but also pretty caustic). Some people like the snark (raises hand), and I wouldn't mind more of that either. My main contention is the suggestion that this community, in comparison to how it was, is less welcoming/friendly than it once was. I'm going to call BS on that one. 
  • Options
    cyanope said:
    cyanope said:

And the response to this has always been "Well, we prefer it so post in the threads we've deemed appropriate or we won't answer your question and will instead just tell you where you should post." So I mean, the unwelcoming vibe is going both ways

Hmmm...not my experience at all. I'm going to have to agree with @missblaze on this one. When someone starts a random thread, they are usually VERY warmly welcomed, and encouraged to check out the pinned threads. Don't really know what's "unwelcoming" about that, but hey...everyone has their own perspective.
    Like I said in a previous post, I like how the Bump was back then too. It was entertaining (but also pretty caustic). Some people like the snark (raises hand), and I wouldn't mind more of that either. My main contention is the suggestion that this community, in comparison to how it was, is less welcoming/friendly than it once was. I'm going to call BS on that one. 
    I don't find the community less welcoming, because everyone is still strange with each other since it's pretty early on. I just find you almost feel "forced" to post to a certain thread, like zero freedom of where to post. I agree that 1000 morning sickness and guess the sex of my baby threads are insane, but most times they get bumped down because people learned to ignore them. The problem with the weekly threads is you usually have to scroll through 5-6 pages of completely different topics and people quoting and tagging different people and I find it sort of hard to follow especially if I don't have time to read 5 pages. Then I have to scroll back and find why "so and so" is agreeing with "so and so" and such. With individual threads the title usually spoke of what the topic was about so people could choose to give their 2 cents or continue passing by, and like it's always mentioned they could use the search function if they are looking for something specific.
  • Options
    STM+s, how early did you feel RLP with your 2nd pregnancy? I've been having pain very similar to RLP today but I didn't think it started this early  (8 weeks today).
  • Options
    @schaze, with all pregnancies that's something I felt until 20ish weeks. That said, I've never showed much prior to 20ish weeks, either.
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    No real question, just a bit concerned.  6 weeks and 2 days and I have a good amount of brown spotting with mucus. Noticed it after this morning's progesterone suppository.  I know its perfectly normal and it could just be the placenta attaching to the uterine wall or some other irritation...  I also have some strange uterine discomfort but no major cramping.  I just am worried.  I asked my husband to find me somewhere with an ultrasound because I obviously can't give one to myself but I know my clinic is the only one open on Friday in Egypt and most hospitals don't even have an ultrasound machine (sad but true).   :/   My doctor said wait until tomorrow and come in at noon for an ultrasound.  I'm just so frustrated.  99% of all births here are cesarean simply because doctors don't want to work after hours and cesareans cost more than vaginal births, mothers are not kept overnight either.  What if I were to go into preterm labor on a Friday night?  There would be literally no one to help me.  Ugh.  My husband and I decided if we find out I'm having multiples I'm going back to the states before I hit 5 months. Otherwise the plan was for us both to come back in October, and I'm not sure how long I even want to deal with it here anymore.  We just don't want to risk it.  We've come so far just to lose it all because of lazy doctors. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    WildMageletWildMagelet member
    edited June 2017
    @mdfarmchick - Thinking of you.  Hoping everything is okay  <3

@gamilasalem82 - That sounds super stressful!  I'd definitely want to get out of that situation before the baby arrives.  FX you get the answers you want right away!
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    @gamilasalem82 I'm sorry, that sounds like a very frustrating situation with the doctors where you live. FX for your us. 

@cyanope @missblaze @BelhurstBride @amberrmariee20 On organization - the things I *think* we all want to avoid are new threads for every symptom, introduction, guess the gender, etc. At best, those threads are ignored, as even those who are in favor of less organization have pointed out. I also think none of us wants a return to the pre-exodus mean girl fest. I tend to agree with @missblaze that I've seen people (at least on this particular BMB) be welcoming to newbies even if they create their own threads for symptoms, intros, etc., and my assumption is that a poster responding to one of those threads is intending to be helpful by suggesting they move to an existing thread to get more responses. However, it is easy to read or not read a tone into something on a computer screen, whether or not that tone was intended by the poster. Personally, I like organization, and I don't have a problem with long weekly threads - I usually just go through the most recent page or so to see if there are any questions I could help with that haven't been answered. BUT, I think there is room for people to create new threads that are not pre-planned and which have at least the promise of being either interesting or helpful to people other than just the OP. From what I have seen today there is more and more of that as more personalities emerge here and I think that is great. Again, just my 2 cents. (And my tone is intended to be, hey, I think we all have a lot in common and there's room for this healthy debate on how organized the board should be). 
  • Options
    So here's my update... 

Okay and so now we wait. We spent 4 hours getting exams and tests and ultrasounds. Good news: my HCG is in the normal range--900. And they were able to see a blip on the ultrasound. There is no fetal tissue in the blood and my cervix is still mostly closed. And I haven't been cramping--just uncomfortable. 

But... Bad news, they cannot tell if it's a viable blip or not because it's too early. And thus there is no heartbeat yet.

So keep praying and sending positive thoughts. I go back Sunday to see if my levels doubled or not. Holding on to hope for a sticky baby.
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick you'll be in my thoughts! I hope Sunday's appointment goes well.
  • Options
    So here's my update... 

Okay and so now we wait. We spent 4 hours getting exams and tests and ultrasounds. Good news: my HCG is in the normal range--900. And they were able to see a blip on the ultrasound. There is no fetal tissue in the blood and my cervix is still mostly closed. And I haven't been cramping--just uncomfortable. 

But... Bad news, they cannot tell if it's a viable blip or not because it's too early. And thus there is no heartbeat yet.

So keep praying and sending positive thoughts. I go back Sunday to see if my levels doubled or not. Holding on to hope for a sticky baby.
    How many weeks are you ? Praying for a healthy baby for you ❤️
  • Options
    @amberrmariee20 somewhere between 5 and 6 weeks
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick From what I've read it's not uncommon to not see the HB at that stage. FX for you and a sticky little bean!
  • Options
    Yeah it's normal not to see a heartbeat at this stage I had almost a full blown "period" this pregnancy and all was good so praying for a positive outcome for you 
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick, so good news is that's it's completely normal to not see a heartbeat yet! 

I'll keep you and the bean in my prayers. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick that all sounds positive. Prayers for more good news on Sunday 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I'm not really worried about the heartbeat because that's normal. Just worried about the bleeding. It's out of my hands no matter what happens though. 
  • Options
    WildMageletWildMagelet member
    edited June 2017
    @mdfarmchick FX that all goes well for Sunday's appointment!
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    I didn't mean to imply that our new community sucks. Quit the opposite. I was just saying I missed some of the snark and fun. But it was very cut throat, you really had to think twice before responding to anything. 
     Agree with you 100%.  My 1st pregnancy was right before the exodus, and you looked for similar posts and definitely lurked before you posted.  My second pregnancy was a few months after and my bmb was fun but I didn't always have time to scroll through the super organized posts.  I am amazed how much they changed since #2.  I wish there was more freedom to just post on your own and gently remind people to lurk and see if there arent a million posts of "my boobs hurt" or "i have been throwing up for days"
  • Options
    KatieEl said:
    Bumping this.  I'm seeing a lot of one-off questions being posted to the main thread, and this down on the second page.  It's really better to consolidate them here, so that we don't have a million threads being posted!

Edited: spelling
    See, I'm in the minority that doesn't like the new overly organized boards. It's harder for me, who can't sit at a computer all of the time, to follow a thread. 

No need to respond or start a debate. I learned from my June 17 board that overly organized boards are the new way of TB. 
    Our October 2015 board wasn't organized and we all got faster responses through our own new threads cause no one had to read through 7 or 8 pages before being able to respond to the topic that they want to. I agree
    Agreed! I was October 2015 too!!
  • Options
    KatieEl said:
    Bumping this.  I'm seeing a lot of one-off questions being posted to the main thread, and this down on the second page.  It's really better to consolidate them here, so that we don't have a million threads being posted!

Edited: spelling
    See, I'm in the minority that doesn't like the new overly organized boards. It's harder for me, who can't sit at a computer all of the time, to follow a thread. 

No need to respond or start a debate. I learned from my June 17 board that overly organized boards are the new way of TB. 
    Our October 2015 board wasn't organized and we all got faster responses through our own new threads cause no one had to read through 7 or 8 pages before being able to respond to the topic that they want to. I agree
    Agreed! I was October 2015 too!!
    That group was hilarious ! Did you ever join our fb page ?
  • Options
    @belhurstbride
     If you prefer communities with more random organization, and lots of one off posts, maybe you would like Baby Center better?  I think it is still like that over there.
    Even when the snark was alive and well and I was a willing participant nothing ever made my eyes roll harder than the "well if you don't like it maybe you should go to BBC" posts. And in this instance, I'm saying I miss the community feel that used to be prevalent on TB. Maybe not on the tri boards, but it always was on my month boards. And we all know there's zero community feel on BBC. 
    Well heck. I was trying to be helpful. I don't know much about the "feel" of the Baby Center boards, because I haven't spent much time there. I just thought you might prefer it since it isn't so rigidly organized. Maybe it's just going to take time for the community feel to get going here, since we're all still getting to know each other.  
  • Options
    @gamilasalem82 Yay, congratulations!  I'm glad you got some good news. 

@mdfarmchick It's still so early, there's definitely hope. Fingers crossed for you!
  • Options
    I wanted to share a website I have found reassuring on hCG levels: https://perinatology.com/calculators/betahCG.htm

That site says that a rise as low as 35% over 48 hours indicates a healthy pregnancy. At 13 dpo and 15 dpo I went in for beta draws and my numbers were 36.5 and 50, respectively. That means a rise of only 37% in a 48 hour period. My MW said everything was fine, and the ladies on here were very supportive. I had mostly put my numbers out of my mind for the last few weeks but then towards the end of last week, as my first appt with our new OBGYN approaches (this coming Thursday) I couldn't help but worry again. So I went to a third-party lab (found on requestatest.com) and had my blood drawn again for a quant. Numbers at 31 dpo (yesterday) were 939. That indicates a 47% rise every 48 hours since my second draw. Sounds better to me but of course still not ideal, beautiful numbers. 

Despite all this obsessing, I still worry we will go to my appt and not see an HB on the us. Partly I am not sure why they scheduled my first appt at only 7w1d (and that's based on ovulation date, LMP would be two days behind). I guess I'm worried I'll go and it will be "too early" and then I'll have to wait and feel stressed about it. I have no reason to think anything is wrong (no cramping or bleeding, which of course can be very normal or can be an issue) other than my own crazy mind. 
  • Options
    Guys, I'm a little behind and just now reading this thread. Anyone from the May 2015 BMB?! Whoa was that chaos. I was terrified to post anything. Towards the end, the "mean girl clique" moved everyone that wanted to follow to Facebook because bump admins were invalidating accounts of people that were too "mean" "cut throat" etc. Like others have said, it was entertaining but I don't have the anxiety with this board that I had. Overall, I enjoy everyone's support and positivity!
  • Options
    Here I find myself again, sitting at the hospital with bleeding, but this time with blood clots, anyone have blood clots while pregnant and have a positive outcome ??
  • Options
    @amberrmariee20 no experience to share, but wishing you well and praying for good news.
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Options
    *TW*
    @amberrmariee20 I only have my own experience of the past 36 hours to go off of--I started bleeding yesterday and it's too early for them to find a heartbeat so all I've got is a blip on an ultrasound and waiting to see if my HCG doubles by tomorrow at noon. So far, my bleeding has turned into passing clots as well but tonight it has finally slowed. I've spent a lot of time on doctor google trying for some hope, and between it and the ER doctor, it seems that clots without cramping means there's a chance. Sending thoughts and prayers your way. <3