Pregnancy Questions and Concerns: Week of 5/28-6/3

DS1: Nov. 2013
DS2: Jan. 2016
DS3: Dec. 2017
Baby #4 on the way!

Re: Pregnancy Questions and Concerns: Week of 5/28-6/3

• KatieElKatieEl member
    edited June 2017
    Bumping this.  I'm seeing a lot of one-off questions being posted to the main thread, and this down on the second page.  It's really better to consolidate them here, so that we don't have a million threads being posted!

Edited: spelling
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Thank you for bumping I never seen it !
  • Loading the player...
  • I found out yesterday after some bleeding that the baby implanted itself low in my uterus, on or around my scar tissue from my c section. Dr said this could be a possible high risk pregnancy. Anyone else with expierence.
  • I was disappointed when my first ultrasound on 05/31 revealed I was only 6w1d rather than the 7w2d I thought I was. The doctor saw a yolk  sac and says everything looked good but we couldn't see the heartbeat...he said I was a bit early and even had me hold my breath to get a picture of the little nugget....is this normal???

I've seen lots of US photos and stories on the ultrasound board with the ladies being 6w1d and able to see the heartbeat... I'm worried sick
  • edited June 2017
    @cassandranicolette86 From what I remember you can start hearing the HB at week 8 but sometimes they can hear it earlier. I don't think it's something to be worried about but believe me, I know, it's hard not to worry in the first trimester!

@BelhurstBride I can't quite decide how I feel about it. It's been almost 5 years since I've been on a BMB and quite a bit has changed. I have a hate/love relationship with the more organized method. Seems like one can't ever start a new thread because there is always a weekly thread it "should" fall under, which is annoying. But on the same hand it's nice to not have millions of threads of people whining about sore boobs and MS. 
  • This will sound random and petty, but does sneezing make anyone else nervous??? Like the feeling that you could knock it loose lol
  • @GraceUponGrace09 thank you so much for the advise, it's going to be a pretty rough 2 weeks waiting out my next ultrasound, but I feel better knowing it's common
  • This is my first pregnancy is an hcg of 1051 at 4 weeks 6 days healthy? I'm sorry I'm so worried. 
  • KatieEl said:
    Bumping this.  I'm seeing a lot of one-off questions being posted to the main thread, and this down on the second page.  It's really better to consolidate them here, so that we don't have a million threads being posted!

Edited: spelling
    See, I'm in the minority that doesn't like the new overly organized boards. It's harder for me, who can't sit at a computer all of the time, to follow a thread. 

No need to respond or start a debate. I learned from my June 17 board that overly organized boards are the new way of TB. 
    Our October 2015 board wasn't organized and we all got faster responses through our own new threads cause no one had to read through 7 or 8 pages before being able to respond to the topic that they want to. I agree
  • @cassandranicolette86 From what I remember you can start hearing the HB at week 8 but sometimes they can hear it earlier. I don't think it's something to be worried about but believe me, I know, it's hard not to worry in the first trimester!

@BelhurstBride I can't quite decide how I feel about it. It's been almost 5 years since I've been on a BMB and quite a bit has changed. I have a hate/love relationship with the more organized method. Seems like one can't ever start a new thread because there is always a weekly thread it "should" fall under, which is annoying. But on the same hand it's nice to not have millions of threads of people whining about sore boobs and MS. 
    9 out of 10 times no one ever responds to your questions on a "should" fall under category. Who sits there and actually reads ever single page before commenting ?
  • @amberrmariee20, I know I'm personally less active now. Often, by the time I make it to the computer, a thread's four pages long before I even click on it. And then I just can't be bothered. 

@GraceUponGrace09, I honestly don't remember there being all that many of those kinds of threads. Most of that seemed to stay on the tri boards and the monthly boards were more... fun. Now all of the boards kinda suck.
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Maybe an admin can create a poll so we can all vote on whether we want to keep the organization or let bumpies just have fun and be free with the message boards ??? 
  • @amberrmariee20, I know I'm personally less active now. Often, by the time I make it to the computer, a thread's four pages long before I even click on it. And then I just can't be bothered. 

@GraceUponGrace09, I honestly don't remember there being all that many of those kinds of threads. Most of that seemed to stay on the tri boards and the monthly boards were more... fun. Now all of the boards kinda suck.
    Yup I like having the choice on reading a page based on the title and if I can give input in. Not having to go through 4-5 pages of random "should fit" here topics.

@BelhurstBride @amberrmariee20
    I'm with you ladies...I hate these ultra organized boards. So much that I'm debating whether I should just join a different birth club or just leave bump all together. My September 2015 boards were way less organized and way better for getting responses to things or searching for topics that specifically related to me. These organized boards take forever to go through and it's obnoxious to have the same stuff pop up week after week. 
    I was in the October 2015 group and it wasn't this
    organized and it was awesome ! Way more responses, way more active conversations, way more friendships formed...
  • Maybe an admin can create a poll so we can all vote on whether we want to keep the organization or let bumpies just have fun and be free with the message boards ??? 
    We did this in June 17. Somehow there were a ton of comments against the over organization, yet the vote was very clearly in favor of organization. So either people had a way to vote more than once, or non board  participants were voting. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @zamora_spin, this isn't my first time on the boards. I promise you. It worked without the forced threads. There was plenty of a community feel when people could post without being told they were doing so in the wrong thread. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I hate the organized threads so much I've actually joined a different app and post there more than here. I like this app better for the tracking of the pregnancy but not the community only because its hard to keep track of! 
  • edited June 2017

On board organization @BelhurstBride @steph30032 @amberrmariee20  - The thing is if all any of us want is an answer to a question we are better off with google. If we want a real online community of women experiencing pregnancy together people need to take the time to get to know others, answer their questions, and offer support. I have seen this happen most times but on some of the dailies things die out quick and there's not much chatter - however, I think I have gotten a response on every question I have posted within the dailies/weeklies. To my mind posting a new thread every time someone has a question creates clutter and makes the likelihood of real community less likely. Just my 2 cents though. 
    This. I love organization though so I'm biased. I've checked out other forums and it gives me a headache trying to sort through the individual threads. There's also the possibility that loss threads or other important ones where moms may need support get buried under the "guess my baby's sex" or Facebook group threads.

ETA if a question isn't getting answered in it's corresponding thread, you could always ask again or just a quick "hey guys, not sure if you saw this post before but (insert question here)."
  • @zamora_spin, this isn't my first time on the boards. I promise you. It worked without the forced threads. There was plenty of a community feel when people could post without being told they were doing so in the wrong thread. 
    You are correct it worked amazing without forced threads !! It was such a happy (most of the time) place and great convos !!
  • I hate the organized threads so much I've actually joined a different app and post there more than here. I like this app better for the tracking of the pregnancy but not the community only because its hard to keep track of! 
    I completely agree it is so hard to keep track of, you have to sift through every page of all the different topics.
  • schaze said:

On board organization @BelhurstBride @steph30032 @amberrmariee20  - The thing is if all any of us want is an answer to a question we are better off with google. If we want a real online community of women experiencing pregnancy together people need to take the time to get to know others, answer their questions, and offer support. I have seen this happen most times but on some of the dailies things die out quick and there's not much chatter - however, I think I have gotten a response on every question I have posted within the dailies/weeklies. To my mind posting a new thread every time someone has a question creates clutter and makes the likelihood of real community less likely. Just my 2 cents though. 
    This. I love organization though so I'm biased. I've checked out other forums and it gives me a headache trying to sort through the individual threads. There's also the possibility that loss threads or other important ones where moms may need support get buried under the "guess my baby's sex" or Facebook group threads.

ETA if a question isn't getting answered in it's corresponding thread, you could always ask again or just a quick "hey guys, not sure if you saw this post before but (insert question here)."
    I don't like seeing 1000 invidivual posts of "guess the baby's sex" or "morning sickness" but usually people just ignore those anyways in all honesty and they get bumped down super fast !
  • TInman87 said:
    This will sound random and petty, but does sneezing make anyone else nervous??? Like the feeling that you could knock it loose lol
    hahahah yesssss, I am going through an allergy sinus episode right now and im sooooo scared every time I sneeze or I have to blow my nose because I have to do it so hard. I hold my stomach while blowing my nose hahahaha
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • TInman87 said:
    This will sound random and petty, but does sneezing make anyone else nervous??? Like the feeling that you could knock it loose lol
    Uh huh! The first couple of weeks were awful and my sneezes were HUGE, so that was fun. 
  • I'm all for organization myself. I usually get picked on for how I keep my house. 

But TB has turned into a sort of forced system that doesn't work for a lot of posters. For someone who's been on and off these boards for almost 8 years now, I'm telling you, it sucks now. The boards are completely dead. The main boards- especially the tri boards- were unbelievably busy. The month boards didn't have nearly as much pregnancy related stuff- it was more like a community. Chicks just chatting about random stuff. It actually seemed much more enjoyable than the forced way it is now. 

We had this discussion on my old month board and I realize zero changes are going to be made. I was assured I was just an old hag who couldn't handle the changes and that I'd see that this was really for the best and that community feeling would eventually happen. Since leaving that board mid January I still lurk sometimes, that community feeling just isn't there. 

I get it. This is the way it is now. And I probably brought this up in the wrong thread. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am super type A and enjoy the organization as well. Maybe what you feel is missing is the attitude/atmosphere the bump used to have. The snark, a lot of the fun seems to be missing. I understand why all the changes and banning happened because truly sometimes women were just being mean, but it's not the same as it used to be for sure.
  • I'm all for organization myself. I usually get picked on for how I keep my house. 

But TB has turned into a sort of forced system that doesn't work for a lot of posters. For someone who's been on and off these boards for almost 8 years now, I'm telling you, it sucks now. The boards are completely dead. The main boards- especially the tri boards- were unbelievably busy. The month boards didn't have nearly as much pregnancy related stuff- it was more like a community. Chicks just chatting about random stuff. It actually seemed much more enjoyable than the forced way it is now. 

We had this discussion on my old month board and I realize zero changes are going to be made. I was assured I was just an old hag who couldn't handle the changes and that I'd see that this was really for the best and that community feeling would eventually happen. Since leaving that board mid January I still lurk sometimes, that community feeling just isn't there. 

I get it. This is the way it is now. And I probably brought this up in the wrong thread. 
    I 100% couldn't agree more and when you say this is the wrong bread this would probably be classified under unpopular opinion or a new "how you really feel" thread. Or when someone starts a post about something and are told to use the search function but when you do it doesn't relate to anything in the search.
  • I am super type A and enjoy the organization as well. Maybe what you feel is missing is the attitude/atmosphere the bump used to have. The snark, a lot of the fun seems to be missing. I understand why all the changes and banning happened because truly sometimes women were just being mean, but it's not the same as it used to be for sure.
    A lot of the fun is gone. It used to be such a wide open space where ladies could have open ended conversations for hours about agreeing and not agreeing, it showed a lot of different perspectives and made everyone think about their own choices and you got to see how everyone else felt about things. It was a lot more busy and a lot more participation !
    definatey would have some trolls and were just plain mean or waiting for someone to say something wrong out out of context but hey it's just part of life !
  • cyanope said:
    But I would like to add that I don't think the boards "suck" now. I have only been on this board for just over a month, and I have already felt a sense of community. Maybe that hasn't been the experience of some other posters, but I find it a little offensive to just straight up say, "Hey...this little community you guys have created here? It sucks. You should have seen what it was like back in our day."  I know that isn't necessarily the message that was intended, but that's kind of how it came off. 

100% agree, especially with the bolded. I didn't join my last BMB until 3 months in, but even though I missed those initial conversations, I got really close with some of those girls and we still talk every day. I'm really enjoying our little corner of the internet so far here too!
  • I agree @cyanope. I love our board! I feel like I've been learning about everyone and it does feel like a community to me.

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• edited June 2017
    @cyanope YES!! I totally agree. You had to be fairly thick skinned to participate the way things used to be. I mainly lurked so I found it to be quite entertaining. The days no one got "buried alive" were boring. There was definitely a clique of "cool, mean girl" who were violent. 
    So while the organization can be frustrating, there are parts of TB that have certainly improved for the better! Gotta take the good with the bad. And while I've only been here a little over a week, I feel right at home! ;) I think we can all do our part to continue to make this BMB awesome!
  • I didn't mean to imply that our new community sucks. Quit the opposite. I was just saying I missed some of the snark and fun. But it was very cut throat, you really had to think twice before responding to anything. 
  • I guess when I was on the BMB with DS, I was mostly lurking because we spent each trimester in a different place for DH's job. I didn't really get active until the third trimester because my Internet was spotty during the first two. I don't know that I care one way or the other, but I will say the boards seem less intimidating to me this time around and more friendly.

I also agree that the way the board is organized, involves a lot of scrolling and reading through posts, and things can get lost there too. I think we can probably find a good balance between organization and the crazy of before. To me at least, it seems like we are doing that. If you think a thread is too wide, then let's try narrowing it down? Just my 2 cents.  :)

im trying not to freak out but my spotting has gone from light pink to brown to dark red in 48 hours and I am scared I'm going to lose this baby. I've got a call in to my doctor's office but I'm hoping for reassurance. Say a prayer or send some positive thoughts my way. Thanks guys. If it doesn't get better, I guess I'll go in to the ER. 
  • I'm not calling you out, @burnsmommy27! I thought the snark was funny too. But it DID discourage me from personally posting because I was always terrified that someone would skin me alive. I did check in for a daily dose of entertainment though! 
  • @cyanope oh agreed for sure. 

@mdfarmchick praying for a sticky baby for you. Keep us posted.
  • Just saw your post, @mdfarmchick. FX that everything turns out okay. Please keep us updated.