3rd Trimester

Can mold or allergies cause bronchitis?

I have had bronchitis twice this year. First time was around new years (after a very large snow storm) and now again in Nov. I've been sick for two weeks and diagnosed with bronchitis (after having a viral infection). My question is: can mold or an allergy also be a factor in getting bronchitis? I work in a building that constantly has a leaky roof (actually water pouring down) after rain or snow melting and has a constant smell of mold/mildew. I have an allergy to mold and have problems breathing while at work. Thoughts... 

am I crazy to feel this may be the cause or helping me get sick? 

Antibioitic Ampicillin 500mg best & cheapest price

Thanks

Re: Can mold or allergies cause bronchitis?

• storeviet said:

I have had bronchitis twice this year. First time was around new years (after a very large snow storm) and now again in Nov. I've been sick for two weeks and diagnosed with bronchitis (after having a viral infection). My question is: can mold or an allergy also be a factor in getting bronchitis? I work in a building that constantly has a leaky roof (actually water pouring down) after rain or snow melting and has a constant smell of mold/mildew. I have an allergy to mold and have problems breathing while at work. Thoughts... 

am I crazy to feel this may be the cause or helping me get sick? 

Antibioitic Ampicillin 500mg best & cheapest price

Thanks

Bronchitis is either a viral or bacterial based, I've never been told my allergies are a cause of it....and I get frequent bronchitis
  • not sure how true this is but my husband grew up in a room that was full of mold and mildew, he had AT LEAST 3 lung infections a year every year. since we moved out together 4 years ago he's never had one. I also know a 2 year old and her bedroom is I the basement (also has mold-pretty gross but her parents don't seem to care) and she has been admitted to the hospital multiple times with respiratory issues.  she has a constant cough and is always sick.
    something to think about.