Baby Names
Options

NN for 4th gen & name suggestions

DH and I have no names so far for our first son so we are entertaining the idea of making him Robert IV. What are some nicknames for 4th generation, like Trey for 3rd or Jr for 2nd. 

Also so looking for name suggestions to go with our Hispanic 2 syllable last name that starts with V.

Sorta my style:
Marcos
Ricardo
Emilio
Lucas 
Damian

guilty pleasure names id probably never use
Tristan
Spencer 

**April Siggy Challenge**Baby Animals**

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: NN for 4th gen & name suggestions

• Options
    I can't think of any 4th Gen nn, but maybe you could use a nn of Robert itself, like Robbie or Bobby.  Other suggestions:

Alberto
    Armando
    Arthur
    Benjamin
    Collin
    Eduardo 
    Henry
    James
    Jorge
    Julian
    Julius
    Leo
    Lorenzo 
    Lucian
    Milo
    Noah
    Oliver 
    Orlando
    Ross
    Shane
    Tanner
    Thomas
    William

• Options
    When we were briefly considering a IV, BIL came up with the nickname Fin(n) for fourth in name.  We actually liked Finn better than using DH/FIL's name and added it to our short list.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can't think of an actual nn for fourth but my cousin has a fourth. The "original" is actually deceased so they call him Trip even though he's the fourth not the third, he's the third of who is still in the daily mix per se. 

Otherwise I guess pick a different spin of Robert? Rob, Robbie, Bob, Bobby, Bert etc. or you could just use his mn? 

• Options
    You could use Dru for quadruple.

You could also possibly use R plus his middle initial to make a nickname for him. 
  • Options
    We are both fairly anti-middle name but if robert IV is the best we can do we might have to go for it. I refuse to allow DH to nn our first born Ricky Bobby, no matter how much he loves Talladega Nights and Will Ferrell smh. So I'm desperate for alternatives lol

And all 4 will be alive for a while longer, thankfully! So trey/trip won't work for us. 

I think DH is adding Lorenzo to his short list. And I liked Leo and Benjamin. 
    **April Siggy Challenge**Baby Animals**

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Maybe Court (quart) would work. 
  • Options
    My cousin is a fourth. He has a nickname that is in no way related to his given name. He goes by his mother's maiden name. Maybe you can just come up with a nickname you like. Or a middle name and call him that. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    Love the idea of a Robert IV! Just choose a nn that isn't used by his Dad. So, if Dad goes by Robert, use Rob or Robbie. Like Lorenzo.

• Options
    What about Riv? R(obert)IV.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    saham07saham07 member
    edited May 2017
    Roberto nn Bear
    or River  (R-IV)
  • Options
    leighryleighry member
    LOVE Lorenzo. Also think riv is cute nn.
  • Options
    saham07saham07 member
    I am reading a book that has the name Robo as a nn for Robert