October 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly BF 5.22 - 5.28

Re: Weekly BF 5.22 - 5.28

• Options
    jessirh said:
    It's bugging me that the registry party thread is still pinned to our board as an announcement, lol.
    Me too!! I keep waiting for it to disappear now that the party is over. 
    Don't hold your breath! TB is terrible about unpinning things like that! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    jessirh said:
    It's bugging me that the registry party thread is still pinned to our board as an announcement, lol.
    Is there anything we can do to help encourage them? It's been driving me nuts for days!
  • Options
    roo_baby said:
    jessirh said:
    Is there anything we can do to help encourage them? It's been driving me nuts for days!
    I commented and asked them to remove. Not sure they will see it though! 
  • Options
    @bluejeanbabi05 @natleilynn thanks ladies!
    **April Siggy Challenge**Baby Animals**

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @bluejeanbabi05  my SIL made dinner one night and didn't know the difference between heads and cloves. She ended up putting like 2 or 3 heads of garlic in her dish. I'm so glad I wasn't around to smell her house from that one   :#
  • Options
    @Brambles23 you are brilliant.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    @jessirh Normally I would agree that there is no such thing as too much garlic.... But 3 heads is a biiiiiiig step up from doubling for 6 cloves!

@beezeemarie Did at no point she sit and think "huh, this seems like a lot of work". The thought of peeling 3 heads of garlic for one dish makes me annoyed just thinking about it! It's probably my least favorite part of using actual garlic instead of jarred.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    My BF today is about this wind! I live where it's almost always somewhat windy but we are under an advisory for 50 mph gusts. And though that's not unusual, it's supposed to be like this for the next several days. Arrrrg.
  • Options
    @PizzaMonster3 sounds like you made the right decision! I think you will have plenty of time to get comfortable with your new OB especially since you will probably feel more supported
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @PizzaMonster3 I switched to a new OB and hospital at 26 weeks with my first and it was such a great decision!  She's actually the reason we started trying for #3 so soon so we could have the same OB before moving away.  I hope it is an amazing fit for you!  Your former OB sounded like a jerk. 

• Options
    shan24shan24 member
    @PizzaMonster3 I totally read that wrong and thought you were saying that your OB was your best friend. And I couldn't figure out how you could just change docs without talking to her first if she was your bestie. It took me way too long to figure that out!

Congrats on getting a new doc though!  Hopefully this one is a better fit!
  • Options
    tsa208tsa208 member
    shan24 said:
    @PizzaMonster3 I totally read that wrong and thought you were saying that your OB was your best friend. And I couldn't figure out how you could just change docs without talking to her first if she was your bestie. It took me way too long to figure that out!

Congrats on getting a new doc though!  Hopefully this one is a better fit!
    I thought the same thing!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    migdalamigdala member
    @ariz17 If you say you think you saw mold it might light a fire under their asses.  Mold can be a nightmare if it's not remediated quickly -- nothing gets our property management company out to our rentals faster than mold and critters (because same thing, you don't do something about that right away and they just multiply).
  • Options
    Yep, @ariz17 mold was going to be my suggestion as well. If they don't take care of mold, you definitely have a right to break the lease without penalty. And if there's that much water, mold will follow. 
  • Options
    I had big plans to go to Kohls tonight and use this Kohls cash my MIL gave me to hopefully buy some new maternity clothes since I have 2 pairs of pants and 3 freaking shirts. I was going to go by myself to get a break from the threenager and the older two who won't quit irritating her starting the second they get home. DH just called and said he's working late and then once he gets home, we have to go get his work truck from the dealership and he needs to take it back out to his shop. So basically I don't get to go shopping until Sunday unless I drag my threenager tomorrow morning, since we have plans tomorrow night and Saturday is our gender reveal party. Which I'll have nothing cute to wear for unless I suck it up and go tomorrow. 
  • Options
    @ariz17 You should be able to break the lease if they are being that negligent. Repairs are the landlords responsibility. If it's a private rental they probably won't pursue legal action regardless. I doubt they will suddenly start fixing stuff so I would definitely find a new place.
  • Options
    Dear BIL. Next time you come by and leave out all your snack rubbish on my kitchen bench, I shall collect it and dump it in your beloved Audi.

**June Siggy Challenge: You Had ONE Job!**

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ariz17ariz17 member
    @jessafishy Oh no a raccoon! That is awful. I hope or she goes away soon.

I think we have mice in our walls  :s
  • Options
    @ariz17 From what I've read raccoons rarely just go away. You have to catch them and relocate. The animal control guy is off until Tuesday too. Uuuuuugh.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    I can't stop waking up at 5:00 am every morning!! It's before DH's alarm even goes off. And at least 3-4 hours before DD wakes up. Wtf internal alarm and/or baby boy in my body?! Lemme sleep!
  • Options
    @sdarling2010 I'm right there with you. For some reason I keep waking up way earlier then I would like and then I can't fall back asleep!