TTC After a Loss

TTCAL Check-In Week 5/22/17

Re: TTCAL Check-In Week 5/22/17

• @tlq0726- that's totally us too.  DD has loved babies since she was 2.  I see her playing peek a boo with the baby next door and he just laughs and loves it.  Makes me realize she'd be such a good big sister.  DH would also love a boy.  DD said she would move out if we had a boy.

I'm not willing to do more than femera - we dont have money either for IVF or adoption.  I'm going to give myself until the end of August and then talk to my OB about it again.  I don't like taking medicine and because my pregnancy tests dont show up until 4 weeks I'm nervous to do even femera.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Chawk17 Sorry about the OB and the weight. I know several people who were told to lose weight to TTC. I think that when OBs/REIs don't know what else to say because they're out of 'options' for tests and ideas that they just tell you to lose weight because that's all that they can say. Plus losing weight is about one of the only things YOU can do to try to 'help' you on your journey, so I guess they think it makes you feel like you're doing SOMETHING. But, it's insulting.

Also I second Mack2342 If IUI is an option for you, there are a bunch of insurance companies that cover that.  Unfortunately it's not an option for us, but something to look into.

amberruka This situation just sucks. I'm glad you still are looking positively! I just personally needed an 'end' to the whole situation because I'm not good with change and the unknown and we're going on 2 years of this and I just can't anymore...

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Loading the player...
  • Chawk17Chawk17 member
    @Mack2342 I haven't looked into IUI yet...i might ask Dr about it at next appointment. 
  • we may pursue adoption or foster to adopt if our heart pulls us to do so if we end up with another loss. I won't lie - we have the financial means to pursue those options, although I would want to adopt locally.
    **** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • That's what I'm saying! @Mack2342

i got 3 years left
  • @Mack2342 - for sure! I have 4 years left which is quite a long time :) 
    **** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • Still time ladies!   Stay positive 
  • 40momma40momma member
    Status - Benched, just finished my first AF after mc. It started as soon as I started a 5 day vacation to NYC, go figure. OB said to wait 2 cycles before TTC but I'm anxious to start right away. 

R/R - Just came back from vacation and it was exactly what I needed. A few days away from home and now back to a bit of 'normalcy'. 

GTKY - right now it's First Aid Kit or George Ezra but it changes weekly

Ladies - I'm 40 and just starting on this roller coaster. I'm a late bloomer but here's hoping I have a few more years of TTC. But yes, I'm sure at any age after a few years of etc you'd just want to throw in the towel.
  • @Chawk17 Yah, you are still so young.  Have you seen an RE instead of a regular OB? They sometimes have different game plans.

@dpjennifer It's so frustrating, isn't it?

@tiq0726 There will not be more!

Wow, A LOT of us are AMA!  Damn, we are the golden girls.  I am 37 btw.
  • Chawk17Chawk17 member
    @sp128 that's hilarious!
  • @sp128 too funny.  We took DS to zoo the other day and I totally used his stroller as a walker! 
  • That's the best
    @SP128

i love the fact though that my OB doesn't even bring up age as an issue.
  • pghrenpghren member
    edited May 2017
    @40momma I love first aid kit! Prime music turned me on to them. Glad your vacation was good :smile:

Edit: sp.
  • @vlagrl29 my OB and my endocrinologist never once mentioned my age, either. 
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • @amberruka - that's why I don't really stress about it anymore.  I think a lot of people get it in their mind they are AMA, but I really don't consider myself AMA.  I'm healthier than I was when I had DD.  Someone in their 20s could be pregnant and do drugs and that would be way more high risk than my 37 yo self.  Before we started TTC I did get stressed about it.  I told DH that we should start soon before I get too old plus I know people in their late 30s that had no problem conceiving a baby.

We all have to think of the positives and well at least DH and I don't have to worry about  birth control or pulling out anymore ha!
  • @vlagrl29  Ha ha ha, right?! I'm SO much healthier at my age now than I ever was. And I've gone back to my 1/2 glass wine a day during TWW and not stressing so much because really, no matter what you do besides basic precautions (i.e. not smoking crack, getting absolutely shitfaced, whatever), it's all really a crap shoot anyway, ha ha!
  • I'm in TWW and we are going out for my bday 37 bday tonight. You bet your *ss I'm buying a drink tonight @amberruka
  • @vlagrl29. Happy birthday!  Mine is on Monday and it looks like AF has arrived.  Started spotting today
  • @vlagrl29 Happy Birthday!!! Have a wonderful time!!

@Mack2342 sorry girl. When is your next IUI? Sorry if I missed that post...
  • @amberruka in about 12 to 14 days 
  • Chawk17Chawk17 member
    @vlagrl29 happy 37th birthday! Have fun tonight!
  • Thanks everyone! It's been a great weekend so far. Driving to the restaurant tonight both DH and I saw a very pregnant lady walking on the sidewalk smoking. Gosh that really ticked me off and I went on a tanget to DH.
  • jchpgjchpg member
    Happy Birthday @vlagrl29 ! Im glad you had a good time at dinner and hope you enjoyed the drink :smile:
    I've decided until I get a BFP I'm not hesitating on having a glass of wine with dinner if I want it!
  • SP128SP128 member
    @vlagrl29 happy birthday lady !!!!! I'm sorry you had to see that. Some people have no sense and they take pregnancy for granted

@Mack2342 :(. I'm happy to hear that the next iui isn't too far away. 
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• Chawk17Chawk17 member
    Am I a weirdo or does anyone else hop over to their pregnancy month club to see what the girls are doing- how their pregnancy is going?
    At first it was too hard, but since last week I've stoped in twice.
  • jchpgjchpg member
     @Chawk17 I look back every so often and see how far along the people in my EDD birth month club are... I know I shouldn't but I do. So I don't think you're a weirdo. 
  • I've been off tb for a few days so I missed all the action on this thread, but so many hugs to you all. I'm only 29 but if my next pregnancy ends in mc I'm not sure we'd try again. That's a big reason why we've decided to wait a while to ttc again.

@Chawk17 you're not a weirdo, I've lurked too, and it seems like some of them aren't getting along very well over there lol. Although they're all due any time so I guess hormones are in full swing.
  • BMBs can be very dramatic which is why I would be cautious of joining one.  I was in a BMB when I was pregnant DD 6 years ago.  That group went on FB and then all the drama started right after that.  I just wish we all can stay on this board when we got pregnant but I guess that's what PGAL is for.
  • Or the private TTCAL grad board.
  • I think this is a very personal decision. Personally, I feel like if I have another miscarriage; I am done trying. Like @pumpkin0913 not ama, I am 30. However, my story is a bit different because my chance of chromosomal abnormalities is 1 percent, which is way higher than my age group. And I love my child, but some things I never in a million years thought I would have to see her go through ( 2 life saving surgeries). So if it's not in the cards, I will be one and done. 
    I used to lurk my bmb but I think I was gluten for punishment. 
    I don't think I will be as active if I get pregnant again because of my point of view, I want a baby period. And hoping that if it has any health issues that it's a livable condition. 
    On watching pregnant women doing things that they aren't supposed to do, it took me a while to get past all that because with my first I did everything I was supposed to do and she still had health issues. 
    @vlagrl29 happy belated birthday! I am a Gemini too.
  • I stay away from bmb.  With my first loss I would always think, "I should be _____ months pg now."  This time I am just trying to ignore where I would have been.
  • So my skin is in breakout city.  I never get breakouts but I am assuming this is maybe some after MC pms skin?  I still haven't turned a positive opk yet but I also might have missed it as I haven't really been keeping track because we are waiting until AF to officially start trying.  
  • Chawk17Chawk17 member
    @justsuzie I don't know if you have The Body Shop  near you...but the charcoal face mask is amazing. I use it before and after AF and have no-to minimal breakouts. 
  • @justsuzie - I had a ton of breakouts right before AF came the month following loss.
  • @Chawk17 I'll look for it online.  This sh*t is ridiculous.
    @vlagrl29 Woo hoo, hopefully this means AF is here soon. 

So we are being a bit naughty and not using protection.  I know that we should wait until AF for dating purposes but DH thinks we should let nature do it's thing. OB said only reason to wait would be for emotional healing.  
  • @Chawk17  Is this it?
  • @justsuzie - I feel the same as your DH - just let nature take it's course.  I hadn't had that many pimples on my face in such a long time it was crazy.
  • Chawk17Chawk17 member
    edited May 2017
    @justsuzie thats it. I love it. I try to do it 2 times a week. It burns as it dries...but it sucks everything out.

Oh if you wear contacts..take them out before you rinse off the mask. The charcoal bits scratch my contacts/eyes.