August 2017 Moms

Weekly Symptoms Thread 5/22

13»

Re: Weekly Symptoms Thread 5/22

• Leg cramps just started. Does anyone have any remedies for this problem? My calf has been so sore today. I'm afraid it's going to cramp at any moment now. I may have been dehydrated yesterday and I'm wondering if that's the culprit? 
    Definitely drink more water. Also if it is sore you can soak in an epsom salt bath 
  • @BlackNYellow try eating bananas. The potassium could help with cramps. And, as with all things, stay hydrated!
  • Loading the player...
  • @Kathryn0903 I got a few brown moles on my stomach and breasts with my first pregnancy. My midwife looked at them but said they were perfectly normal. I don't normally have moles so I was worried.  Not too long after having my daughter they seemed to dry up and fell off which I thought was really bizarre but I'm glad they went away. I've got one small one on my stomach this time too. 
  • @JCPSand2B that makes me feel better. The thought already crossed my mind to get it removed if it doesn't go away shortly after birth.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • tova24tova24 member
    @BlackNYellow eat some bananas, drink tons of water, and make sure you continue to walk on it. Stretch it out. It'll get better throughout the day. 
  • I received the tdap injection at my OB appt yesterday. Of course I came down with all the side effects, just like in the past. Last night, I had chills (teeth chattering while under my covers!), Bodyaches, headache, sore arm. Today I feel exhausted and just general malaise, nausea.Tylenol helped all the pain this am. I'm just glad my son was with his dad half the day so I could rest, and no work this evening. This blows. 
  • @brookedeyo I had mine yesterday as well.  I have been napping all day long, and I have a mild headache, and Im sore.  I didnt even think that it could have been from the tdap!  Make so much more sense now! 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • tova24tova24 member
    So I wore some skinny jeans today (HUGE MISTAKE) and by the time I got home, I was so swollen (legs, ankles, feet) that I ended up cutting the jeans off me. Skirts and dresses for the rest of my pregnancy!
  • I know this was talked about at some point, but I forget what was said. So my ring has been getting stuck on my finger. Anyone have to stop wearing their rings?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 yep. I could probably get away with it but I'd freak if I had to cut them off. I just bought a five pack of gold bands from Old Navy, which now I'm glad there were five because they're so cheap two are now silver lolol
  • @Kathryn0903 I've had to take mine off around the beginning of the 3rd trimester both pregnancies. I bought a fake silver and cubic zirconia band at Kohls last time. I lost it, but last night on Zulily I found a pretty rose gold halo ring with swavorski crystals for $10. My regular set is so traditional  (princess cut solitare with diamond band) that I thought I'd try something fun for the rest of my pregnancy. Also, I didn't realize that the swelling wouldn't immediately go away after DS was born. Between the fluids, hormones, and heat, I thought it would never go away. The day I got them back on I was so happy 
  • @Kathryn0903 I took mine off just in case--I'm still in trimester 2, but my fingers were swelling up from the heat so it didn't seem worth chancing it. I bought silicon rings instead. They're not the most beautiful (though I did choose a glitter one), but work in a pinch.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XS89S5B/ref=twister_B01N9I5VNL
  • @kathryn0903 My wedding band is slightly loose normally but I do plan on retiring it ASAP if it gets uncomfortable or hard to get off because I would freak out if it had to be cut off. I doubt I'll buy a fake set unless I happen to come across something cheap that I love. Mainly because I don't mind not wearing rings and I'm too lazy to shop for another set.  :)

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 I was the one who mentioned it earlier. I still haven't gotten mine off, but I am working on it. My ob said that I was most likely dehydrated. She did suggest the strong trick to get mine off, so I'll be doing that at the end of the week if I can't get the off still. I will be buying new ones to wear (fake) and wearing at least the wedding band as a necklace. 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • All this talk about rings getting stuck is scaring me a little lol. So far (28 weeks) no swelling and my rings fit exactly like they did before pregnancy. My hands are usually cold and I have poor circulation in them as it is. The day they get to snug and I need to take them off I'll probably cry. 
  • @Kathryn0903 This is the furthest I've gone being able to wear my rings, but I started out this pregnancy weighing a lot less and I haven't had any swelling issues yet.  I wore a cheap band in the past.  I need to figure out if I still have it because I'm sure I'll have to retire my rings for the rest of the pregnancy soon.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • NxyNxy member
     Like @Mango517 my wedding band is still on. It'll come off eventually but for now it's fine. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • tova24tova24 member
    @nxy it was a mix of I still want to fit into my skinny jeans, which are clearly too small, and I've been standing up and talking to sales people way too long at this event. Put it this way, I'm done wearing pants for the rest of this (dresses and skirts only, yes I'll still put on clothes and be human). 
  • NxyNxy member
    You do you, pants are for suckers! Some days I cancel plans because I don't want to put on pants. I was just worried you had swollen so much from AM to pants off that you couldn't get them off and that's a huge medical concern.

PS I don't mean to keep bumping the 5/22 symptoms thread. It was just on the top so I thought it was this weeks. This bugs me, so I'm saying sorry to other crazy people like me  :#
    BabyFruit Ticker