August 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Symptoms Thread 5/22

Re: Weekly Symptoms Thread 5/22

• Options
    @tova24 I had bruises on my back that I didn't even notice til DH was helping put lotion and told me I needed to go get new bras. The ladies at VS were super helpful and even though they don't sell maternity bras helped to make sure I had the support necessary with comfort. It did help that the women helping were moms too. 
  • Options
    tova24tova24 member
    @mrsashworth522 I ended up buying bras without underwires and super soft band. I feel like a new woman! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My symptoms this week are terrible compared to not usually posting on this board because I don't have any. I've been super nauseous this week and have thrown up a couple times. The first things urgent care checked for was a uti and acid reflux. Both tests came back negative so they were at a loss. Went through my diet and couldn't find anything that would be a trigger this week that was fine last week. Anti nausea medication it is until my 28week checkup Friday and if those aren't helping maybe the OB can help...
  • Options
    tova24 said:
    @mrsashworth522 I ended up buying bras without underwires and super soft band. I feel like a new woman! 
    Same! I almost always wear an underwire and they put me in some that didn't have any and I was like woah! Although finding my new size in stock is difficult because they don't carry many styles in it, only online
  • Options
    tova24tova24 member
    @mrsashworth522 have you been having a stressful week so far? Stress has made me more pukey. Any environmental changes: new laundry detergent, new air freshener in house/ car?
  • Options
    Nothing has changed. Besides maybe overthinking the diabetes test on Friday...maybe I shouldn't have read the thread on here for it this weekend. Oops
  • Options
    kvh22kvh22 member
    I fell on my hip on Saturday - still kind of caught myself and I thought I was fine besides a bruise, but I am having serious pain on my entire left side now. It's a dull ache that gets worse and then subsides a little and gets worse again. The doctor said it could just be RLP (if it is, this is some seriously painful RLP) and to use a heating pad in moderation and take tylenol. If that doesn't work, I should see if I can get an appointment at their office or go to urgent care since it could be a kidney/bladder infection or kidney stones. Fingers crossed it's just RLP or muscular from the fall. Google results I got before calling the office was a little scary (as always) but baby has been super active all morning which is reassuring. Anyone have any horrible, extended period RLP?

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @kvh22 oh man, I'm sorry to hear about your fall. 
    Last week I had entire left side pain too, for most of the day Thursday. It felt like the kind of side stitch you get from exercise. I also called the doctor's office, who ruled out pre-term labor, and said it could have been RLP, muscle strain from exercise, or dehydration. My baby was also super active. 
    I was fine Friday. So yeah, horrible, extended RLP is definitely a thing. Crossing my fingers for you it's just that. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsashworth522 I worried way too much about the GD test. I was so concerned I'd eat the wrong thing before or get sick from the drink. It all ended up fine- good luck!

@kvh22 That sounds really painful.. glad baby was moving around though. I'd say don't wait too long to see your doctor if you're still in pain. I personally haven't heard of severe, extended RLP. I thought it was the type of pain that comes in waves. 

My left rib has started aching a little bit. I can't tell if it's from the underwire of my bra or just stuff expanding in there. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kvh22kvh22 member
    @DeansGirl14 sorry to hear you went though it too, but misery loves company so also kind of reassured that it's not just me. @secicc12 Thanks! Definitely planning to go to the doctor or urgent care if the Tylenol doesn't seem to make any difference at all.

@mrsashworth522 - the GD test really wasn't too horrible and I don't think you can do too much to affect the outcome so try not to stress out.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    donehuedonehue member
    @kvh22 and @DeansGirl14 I've been been having the same sore side stitch feeling in my left mid-bump for a few days now. I wasn't going to call doctor until I ruled out constipation pain (which for me it likely is). It could definitely be RLP or dehydration as well as I definitely had double side stitch feelings after my recent race. Hope you feel better soon!

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• Options
    BlackNYellowBlackNYellow member
    edited May 2017
    @secicc12 I'm having the same issue but mine is left and right sided. My OB said it is most likely from the rectus abdominus muscles stretching since they attach there. The only thing that helps is changing position and ice. 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• Options
    mrsw2017mrsw2017 member
    edited May 2017
    Not sure if this is a "symptom" but do any of you other working women have trouble keeping focused at work? I don't know if it's the coming up on summer or the coming up on baby's arrival and knowing I'll be out, but I just have 0 focus and motivation to do anything work rated. 
  • Options
    @mrsw2017 I remember that well from my 1st pregnancy. My mind was always somewhere else. Same with being a SAHM, some days I can't focus 
  • Options
    donehuedonehue member
    @mrsw2017 the struggle is real all day at work. My last pregnancy I loved working though (this is my third). I'm also constantly uncomfortable this time which makes it hard to focus. I'm just going to be in survival mode at work until August.

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• Options
    tova24tova24 member
    @mrsw2017 I definitely struggle with focusing at work. Right now I'm muted on a conference call :blush: 
  • Options
    I can't tell if it's pregnancy or just the end of the school year that's making me want to not work.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @BlackNYellow Thanks for the advice! It's not too painful yet, luckily. Hope yours isn't either. 

@mrsw2017 I feel like I'm already checked out at work which is NOT good haha. I have two big conferences late June that I need to prepare for/present at... but all I want to do is bump and online shop for baby stuff. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    lewlivlewliv member
    TMI the last couple of days I've had a sore vajayjay. It feels like my pelvic bone is bruised. So weird...
  • Options
    tova24tova24 member
    @lewliv I think we all are past the TMI stage :smile: never in my life did I think I would be talking about being constipated, having boobs that weigh more than my 2 gallon milk jugs in the fridge, and peeing my pants when I sneeze. As my way too calm OB likes to say (and I like to imagine myself punching him while he says it), "it's all part of the process: we are in it together." Side note: sorry your lady business hurts. Someone told me to look up "padsicles" when it hurts down there. Same person said to make TONS of them.
  • Options
    @lewliv oh same. I touch my pubic bone and it hurts. Like touching a bruise! Owie. 
  • Options
    lewliv said:
    TMI the last couple of days I've had a sore vajayjay. It feels like my pelvic bone is bruised. So weird...
    I've had this for weeks! Especially after I sit for a while and then get up. I don't remember it with DD at all but it sucks!

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    bumpybump said:
    lewliv said:
    I've had this for weeks! Especially after I sit for a while and then get up. I don't remember it with DD at all but it sucks!
    +1 for sore vajayjay.  :#
  • Options
    I feel like I may be getting a stomach rash. My stomach has been itchy, but I noticed some little red dots on my stomach.
    Also, I developed a mole on my stomach. Anyone ever get moles appear during pregnancy?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've noticed that maybe everyone week and a half or 2 weeks, I get really achy/crampy in my belly and in my back. And then usually the next day or 2 after that my belly looks noticeably bigger. Anyone else experience this? I'm assuming it's growth spurts and it seems that, for me, it happens at semi-regular intervals and the bump gets bigger all at one time. 
  • Options
    @Kathryn0903 I started getting "red moles" when I was pregnant with DD. Not sure if yours are red or brown? Brown ones could be of concern if they are brand new and growing. 

Here's info on red ones: What most people refer to as red moles are actually cherry angiomas. According to MedLine Plus, cherry angiomas are common benign skin growths that consist of blood vessels. Medically known as Campbell de Morgan spots, these skin growths can appear at any location on the body, but most commonly appear on the trunk (also known as the torso). They can appear on men and women - and are most commonly seen on people over the age of 30.

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @Kathryn0903 I have red moles, and patches of skin that are really dark (more around my boobs).  I have been putting lotion on them, but the dark spots are normal, according to my ob.  My belly is starting to get a few dark spots on it as well, especially at the top, where I feel like its the most stretched out. 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Options
    DeansGirl14DeansGirl14 member
    edited May 2017
    bumpybump said:
    @Kathryn0903 I started getting "red moles" when I was pregnant with DD. Not sure if yours are red or brown? Brown ones could be of concern if they are brand new and growing. 

Here's info on red ones: What most people refer to as red moles are actually cherry angiomas. According to MedLine Plus, cherry angiomas are common benign skin growths that consist of blood vessels. Medically known as Campbell de Morgan spots, these skin growths can appear at any location on the body, but most commonly appear on the trunk (also known as the torso). They can appear on men and women - and are most commonly seen on people over the age of 30.
    This happened to me. I have one on my chest, above the collar line of most of my shirts, which let me tell you is oh-so-attractive. I was so worried about it that even though the OB wasn't concerned, I booked a dermatologist appointment. She said it was totally normal, totally no big deal, and I could either wait until after delivery to see if it goes away or I could get it lasered. I'm going to wait it out, but if it doesn't go away I'm getting it lasered.
    That being said, I have pin-prick angiomas all over- my belly, my arms. I have a lot of freckles and moles anyway so I never noticed them, but the dermatologist said those pin-prick red spots are the same thing. So if you already have those, you may be prone to getting a cherry.

Re: work. I am so damn thankful I got a new job earlier this year. I'm focused on it because it's new and exciting and I really want to do well. My last job, I'd been doing for seven years and was already checked out even without a baby on the way. I can't imagine getting any work done in that job with this pregnancy to focus on now.  Edit- words are hard. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @lewliv my pubic bone hurts so. bad. Especially at night. My chiro has started adjusting it but I think it's more for making sure my pelvis is even for baby positioning than it is for pain relief because it HURTS.
  • Options
    I just realized that there's a mark on my upper cheek/corner of my right eye that's probably melasma and not eye shadow fallout  :| It's pretty faint, but it definitely wasn't there before.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    lewlivlewliv member
    I'm sorry that @brookedeyo @bumpybump @PinkPrincessPiper @mrsmatt1212 are also sore. I'm a bit happy that it seems normal and I don't have to worry about it  :#
  • Options
    @bumpybump I do have some small red dots that might be the red moles or I'm tempted to say my skin is reacting to something as I've been prone to allergic reactions. I do for sure have one small brown mole that I just noticed. Doesn't seem too be growing but I'm gonna keep an eye on it because I did have a mole grow in the past that I had to get removed.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Has anyone been diagnosed with a carnitine deficiency?
    I'm being tested this week for this.
  • Options
    @belmont1785 that was the only thing that popped up on my genetic screening. It only shows that I'm a carrier for it. DH would have to have it too for baby to have it. As far as I know, I don't have it, but we'll have baby tested at birth.
  • Options
    @mrsmatt1212

My daughter 2.5 has been on carnitine supplements for a while now. Her doctor called me today said she noticed I was pregnant and they just realized I hadn't been tested for it yet...they think her low carnitine levels may have been inherited from me. So.... I'll be tested tomorrow and put on supplements if needed.

This just opens up a ton of questions for me. It is not a big deal, but I'm wondering possibly if some of my symptoms have been caused by this for years and I never knew it.
  • Options
    I'm having what I can best describe as upper belly cramps. Anyone else experiencing something similar? I'm not sure if it's gas, or something else, but it's making me miserably uncomfortable.
  • Options
    bumpybump said:
    lewliv said:
    This has plagued me for a majority of this pregnancy as well as my last pregnancy. It has gotten so bad the last couple of days that it brings me to tears. 
  • Options
    bwing10bwing10 member
    Oklahoma summers decided to come in full force today, and has caused my feet and hands to swell :( I am so uncomfortable at work tying to prop my legs up under my desk but have to keep getting up to scan stuff for my boss! Going to go soak in the pool tonight! 
    Me: 27 DH: 29

Diagnosed with PCOS: January 2009

1st D&C: Janaury 2009
    Dating: March 18, 2009
    Married: June 12, 2010
    TTC: January 1, 2011
    2nd D&C: June 5, 2011
    3rd D&C: August 3, 2011
    Dec 2016: BFP (due 8/5/2017)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Leg cramps just started. Does anyone have any remedies for this problem? My calf has been so sore today. I'm afraid it's going to cramp at any moment now. I may have been dehydrated yesterday and I'm wondering if that's the culprit? 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• Options
    @bwing10 I had this issue last week. I was in Kansas and it was 90 every day, then I flew home and dealt with similar weather. I thought it was just the weather making me swell, but my ob said I'm super dehydrated and i needed to drink as much water as possible. I've almost had double what I usually have today and the swelling is starting to go down some. I'm hoping that over the next few days I'll be back to normal. 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy!