May 2017 Moms
Options

Summer Grilling Recipes

Since we're approaching grilling season, anyone have recipes to share?

Re: Summer Grilling Recipes

• Options
    We grill all the time, especially corn on the cob, portobello mushrooms, chicken drumsticks burgers, asparagus, tomatos, kebabs, anything! Love grilling!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    rkstro2rkstro2 member
    I do a ton of grilling.   We were gifted a book that includes detailed step by step how to prepare and grill certain meats and it changed my cooking life.  I grill all year long and love it.  As far as recipes go I usually get some from Pinterest for glazes or side dishes or whatever.  

Im following along on this post to see if anyone has any ingenious or amazing recipies.  
  • Options
    MTB16MTB16 member
    I love doing veggies with olive oil/s&p;  and the basics like chicken and kabobs. I have a shrimp marinade I love with honey, lime juice, garlic, s&p, and chili flakes - yum!!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @rkstro2 or anyone else, any marinade or glaze recipes you really like?

I haven't made these yet, but they're on my list:

Grilled Corn Fritters: https://www.tablefortwoblog.com/grilled-corn-fritters/
    Grilled Asian Garlic Steak Skewers: https://therecipecritic.com/2016/07/grilled-asian-garlic-steak-skewers/
  • Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    My hubbs grilled tonight and the best part is always the potatoes! This uses a foil packet with double layers (we've gotten to a point where we make the foil pouch & toss in all the ingredients but you can toss in a bowl first to gauge amounts then add to pouch), and you spread out the contents in a long flat almost single layer. Use a half-bag of the teeny tiny potatoes (smaller than the red new pots) or fingerlings; add olive oil to coat, then add salt & pepper, dried oregano, and garlic powder. Use more than you think you need. Put it on the grill for like a half-hour, turning a few times. They end up soft inside with some lightly charred skins, so tasty!
  • Options
    https://www.foodiecrush.com/hawaiian-chicken-skewers/

We made these last year and they were amazing. I saved all of the ingredients (including the marinade) that were left over, and any leftover grilled skewers and froze them. Then I threw it in with rice and cooked it for a meal, also delicious.H still talks about the skewers.
  • Options
    @starphish18 I cheat and use the Lawry's (or store brand) 60 min marinades. They are great for pork chops and chicken. 

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    FFSC? I've never grilled, I don't know how! My DH or Dad does all the grilling. I should really learn.
  • Options
    @bacorrea Once you learn how, it's really simple. I'd say it's easier than a lot of other methods, especially because you can usually do less to the food beforehand since grilling gives the food so much flavor.
  • Options
    FFMC: I don't own a grill...
    I'd like to get one though. I do enjoy the foil packet dinners.  Chicken, Italian dressing, spices, red/green peppers, onions and throw on the grill, super easy. I'm thinking I might see what the sales are this weekend and Father's day weekend and get a cheaper grill.
  • Options
    I love making kabobs! I just marinate chicken or beef, peppers, zucchini, and onions in wishbone Italian dressing'
  • Options
    mcvgalmcvgal member
    DH does all the grilling, but I love when he slices up pineapple and grills them with no seasoning at all. They are delicious by themselves or adding to a burger.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Options
    @Jens_Hoes me either! We had one at our old
    house and DH never cleaned it very well after using it and it broke after a few years. We recently got a dual sided cast iron skillet/grill for our stove and it works great :) FFMC I don't feel like not having an outdoor grill is affecting my quality of life in any way. :)
  • Options
    @rkstro2 you are a grilling machine! So jealous you make wings on the grill. I've tried making wings at home (oven and grill) and they just never turn our very good. 
  • Options
    rkstro2rkstro2 member
    @swe2 sorry your wings have turned out not good!  We've just done a lot of trial and error and they have ended up being delicious!  
  • Options
    We don't have a grill. Well there's one everyone can use since we're in an apartment but haven't yet. We used to grill all the time and pretty much what everyone has already mentioned! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin