Baby Names
Options

Galen/Gaylen

what are your thoughts on this name?
DH said it tonight and I wa s totally opposed.  The more I look at it and check the meaning out "tranquil" "calm", I really like it.  But I would worry about the made fun of part with "gay" which is why I like it without the 'y'.  

Curious the heneral opinion on this name.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Galen/Gaylen

• Options
    I like it, but understand the concern about homophobic little shits picking up on the first syllable. I would definitely do the Galen spelling.

How do you feel about Waylon/Wieland?
  • Options
    mb0112mb0112 member
    I thought Galen was the usual spelling anyways so I'd definitely go with that.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can get behind Galen

• Options
    Galen is the only way I have seen it. It's okay.
  • Options
    atackatack member
    I like Waylon- maybe DH would be interested.  It's probably a girl anyways.  

My my favorites are Sam and Cormac or Declan.  We are not at the name stage yet, this was not an expected pregnancy!
  • Options
    I'm not a fan. Sorry. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    MamaWren919MamaWren919 member
    edited May 2017
    Is it a boys name? I definitely wouldn't use it for a boy. Just too easy to be made fun of.
  • Options
    Idk. It sounds like a last name to me. 
  • Options
    tenfourtenfour member
    I had the loveliest Galen in my high school, I'm a fan.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I wouldn't use it. It's asking for your kid to be bullied. Plus, it is so much like all the names that are so redundant these days: Caden, Braden, Alden, Declan, Duncan, Ethan, Carson, etc. Every boy's name sounds the same these days. So over the names ending in 'n'.

• Options
    mb0112mb0112 member
    I wouldn't use it. It's asking for your kid to be bullied. Plus, it is so much like all the names that are so redundant these days: Caden, Braden, Alden, Declan, Duncan, Ethan, Carson, etc. Every boy's name sounds the same these days. So over the names ending in 'n'.

I agree that the -Aden names are way overused lately but I wouldn't lump Galen, Alden, Duncan in with those.  They end in N but have much different sounds and vibes to me. 
  • Options
    atackatack member
    Well, I've already passed this name - not happening.  

I do love Declan and Kellen as well....we'll see.

• Options
    I like Galen without the y. It's a unique name and reminds me of the Gale from The Hunger Games
  • Options
    I like it but it WILL cause much torture for the child