October 2017 Moms
Options

Opinions Unpopular - 5.18

13»

Re: Opinions Unpopular - 5.18

• Options
    This baby will be the 4th of the same family name, named after GFIL, FIL, and DH. To limit confusion within the family we've decided on a shorter version of the middle name for him to go by (and of course it's the 2nd most popular boy name right now). He will never actually be called his first name unless he chooses to later in the life. He is also the first and only boy that will be born on DH's side of the family so everyone's all freaking out about "carrying on the family name. 
    DS is IV too. He goes by a nickname but we make sure he knows his legal name too. DH tells a hilarious story about not knowing his real name until he was 6 and he freaked out. Yeah, I'm avoiding that trauma for sure lol

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    +1 for throwing poopy underwear out! We are Day 3 in potty training and we've said goodbye to two pairs already.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lola4411 a kid in my kindergarten class didn't know what his name was and freaked out when the teacher was teaching us to write our names. He legitimately did not know his last name or proper first name. She kept asking him what his name was and he'd say Tommy, she'd correct him and ask him what his last name was and I remember the meltdown that followed. 
    **April Siggy Challenge**Baby Animals**

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @PizzaMonster3 omg this is exactly what happened to DH!  I am not allowing that meltdown to happen

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    +1 I prefer two of the same sex vs. one of each. But I also think one of each is great.
    +1 pools over beaches
    +1 no youneek names

-1 on the thong haters. they can be super comfortable, especially when working out (early FFFC: to me working out = yoga. I don't do the sweaty stuff)

Neutral on giving nicknames as full names. My parents gave me a Katherine-type name expecting to call me the Katie-type nickname only. They felt the longer name was important to be taken seriously as a professional (though my understanding is there isn't much difference in Katie/Katherine in professional settings and for men at least a "Tom" does better professionally than a "Thomas". The bigger issue is if you are a Kaytee or another name/spelling that some people interpret as lower class.). Anyway, the Katie name never suited me so I was glad to have the Katherine option.
  • Options
    @lola4411 oh my goodness! I hadn't thought about that yet. Not that I intended to keep his real name from him, of course. This LO will definitely know his legal name! 
  • Options
    @buttercream_frosting that's a good point. That's why I usually add and if I'm meant to be a boy momma that's awesome too!

I do also think it depends entirely how me and DH handle 2 kids before we think about bringing a third into the mix... 1 was hard enough on us!
    TTC x 1.5 years.
    Acupuncture, Femera x3 cyles, and HSG.
    BFP in September 2014, DS born June 2015.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @mrs_fogue I'm still wiping a 3 year old's butt, what whattttttt.

She's pee trained. Just not poop trained. She does, however, go put a pull up on when she needs to poop so at least I'm not messing with dirty underwear.
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ShreyaRShreyaR member
    I would have wanted a girl too but I am going to be a mom of two boys, which is absolutely fine, actually more than fine! I wanted to experience being a mother of a girl too, but I also wanted to re-live my moments with DS so either way, I was happy, of course there are a lot of people who have commented, oh a girl would have been perfect! But well, me and my DH just wished for a happy healthy baby regardless of the gender.
  • Options
    Re: nicknames... my FIL is Tim, H's older brother is Tim, and his 2.5-year-old son is Tim. BIL and SIL decided before he was born that they would call him "LT" for Little Tim. They also just had a daughter like 6 months ago and named her Olivia knowing that they would call her Ollie. Ugh. It was even worse with our niece because Olivia was the name H and I loved and wanted for a future daughter since basically the day we met. I cried some ugly tears over that one, but that's a whole other story.

Related to touching (kind of), I get irrationally angry when my FIL asks me, "How's my baby doing?" It's not your baby, FIL. It's H's and my baby. He is weirdly possessive of our nephew as well.