October 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms | 5.15.17

Re: Weekly Randoms | 5.15.17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    For the record I wouldn't really go commando. But there are times lately I don't want pants on. Like today at work in my scrubs that seemed to have shrunk 3 sizes in the past week. 
  • Options
    Totally off topic but what do you glasses/contact wearers do during pregnancy? I def will need more contacts and or a new glasses perscription but not 6 months worth of contacts. My current contact stash will almost make it.

I want to wait to get my eyes checked until after the pregnancy when things are back to normal but I also don't want to wear glasses for the last two months of my pregnancy. I probably just have to stop being a cheap ass and buy more of my current contacts? 

• Options
    @nbcarlson, Depends if you can feel a big difference in your vision. If it's affecting your ability to see stuff when driving I would change prescriptions and get checked again. My visiion has gone slightly fuzzy for things far away that I normally would be able to see but I'm sticking to the same prescription. I find glasses annoying and would not wear it for 2 months.

**June Siggy Challenge: You Had ONE Job!**

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Is vision a pregnancy thing? Bc mine has been bad lately. Like not walking into things bad but I was thinking I better make an appointment soon. 
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails
  • Options
    I don't remember a drastic change in my rx last time. I actually need to order new contacts this month. 

No no no to commando. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Is vision a pregnancy thing? Bc mine has been bad lately. Like not walking into things bad but I was thinking I better make an appointment soon. 
    Apparently yes, nerves or something swell. I don't know the specifics but something along those lines. My vision hasn't gotten way worse but my contacts make my eyes sore much quicker. I have an astigmatism and they have always done this but it's much worse feeling now. 

• Options
    My doc told me to wait a few months after I give birth before getting new glasses. Sometimes the vision changes stay, sometimes they go away. 
  • Options
    My vision got worse and I had extremely dry eyes when I was pregnant with DD. So much so that I couldn't wear contacts, only glasses. They went back to my previous "normal" a couple months after she was born. This time, I feel like my eyes are dry but manageable. I need new glasses anyway and got a new RX very early in this pregnancy. I'll probably get glasses and new contacts just so I'm set for 3rd tri and labor. 

Pretty sure I'm getting a cold! Stuffy nose, scratchy throat, etc. And I was just thinking this morning how amazing it is I've made it halfway without getting sick. Thanks universe for slapping back with this!  :s
  • Options
    @nbcarlson I had to go to the eye Dr two weeks ago to get a new prescription and contacts. I actually need them to change my prescription since it isn't working out. I usually wait until a few months after delivery since my vision tends to get worse and stay that way after each baby, but it was getting pretty bad lately. If you feel like your vision is impairing daily things and driving, definitely go in and get checked. But if not, I would just wait it out until after delivery 
  • Options
    dumb question - if you are not carrying identical twins can you take the blood test to determine the sex? no right? unless they were both girls?

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    maybe you guys can look into disposables or something. i dont totally know what i am talking about bc i dont wear contacts but my H got like trial ones or something for our honeymoon.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @ariz17 I have some of those, too, along with some high waisted briefs that basically go up to my boobs! I go back and forth between what type of underwear I find comfortable and right now, it's definitely full in granny panties. 
    Me: 35     DH: 37
    BFP: 1.6.16 | MC: 2.17.16
    BFP: 10.3.16 | CP: 10.11.16
    BFP: 12.14.16 | CP: 12.14.16
    BFP:  1.23.17 | EDD 10.6.17 -- DS born 10.7.17 <3
    BFP:  9.9.18 | EDD 5.23.19 -- DD born 5.24.19 <3
    BFP: 9.1.21 | MC 10.1.21
    BFP: 11.11.21 | EDD 7.24.22 

• Options
    My vision seems normal, except for the other day when I forgot to put my contacts in and was at the grocery store like "why are all the price tags blurry???"

Tuesday confession: I don't read the sex reveal thread cause it's too many people I don't know. I assume the regulars will start using he/she in other posts and I'll figure it out. But now y'all may have convinced me to look...

@TallMomma29 if you need any recos while you are in SF, send me a PM.
  • Options
    ariz17ariz17 member
    @natleilynn That is so crazy! I love stories like that. Also, I love the Ms. Cleo gif!!

• Options
    Where are the moms struggling with switching their toddlers into beds at?  DD was all settled in her new bed, sleeping through the night, now we are right back to her getting up and coming in our room fairly early.  Before midnight.  She's also been super restless lately. 
  • Options
    @mrs_fogue how old is DD? Do you have her in a toddler bed or a big bed? DD has done way better with her transition to a big bed than she did with her toddler bed. Weirdly enough, she fell out of her toddler bed constantly but *knock on wood* has yet to fall out of her full sized bed. 

I mean, she's always been what I call a free spirit sleeper - she hated being swaddled and hate the sleep sacks. She was completely stretched out sleeping even as a baby. I think she just likes the ability to wallow all over her big bed and it keeps her asleep.
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @natleilynn she's 2.5.  We tried the toddler bed and that was a big no.  So I was shocked when she took to her big bed so quickly and easily.  She's been in it for about 2 months.  I feel like this is a sleep regression, but I'm not certain.  She's usually not real restless, once she goes to sleep she sleeps.
  • Options
    @mrs_fogue hopefully she's going through her regression now instead of when the baby comes? Gahhhhh I'm sorry, I don't envy you for that.
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker