August 2017 Moms

Weekly Symptoms Thread 5/15

How are you feeling today? Anything new to report?

***TW in Siggy***
Me: 34 / DH: 33
Married: Nov 2011
TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Weekly Symptoms Thread 5/15

• Been getting some back pain especially if I sit for too long. Also getting leg cramps in my calfs at night in bed.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've been waking up to leg cramps.
    my breasts have also started leaking, which caught me completely off guard. I didn't expect that until closer to due date
  • Loading the player...
  • lewlivlewliv member
    Headache on the back of my head/neck.  :(
  • feet keep swelling up...i have compression socks and trying to keep my feet elevated when i can. 
  • Shortness of breath is annoying. When I talk a lot, I have to pause for a deep breath. 
    I've also been sleeping awful due to needing to pee every 1-2 hours, back pain, and just normal insomnia. 
  • The lack of sleep has begun. It didn't help that my dog woke up extra early to be let out, but I'm starting to sleep really lightly.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My belly has been feeling tight and a little crampy on occasion. It's probably more stretching. Really starting to get big. But it's uncomfortable none-the-less. Also, one of my nips has been tender, but not the other. Been that way for a couple weeks now. No sign of swelling or anything so I am not sure what is going on. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @babyudell8815 Question on the compression socks... should they be ridiculously difficult to put on? I got a pair off Amazon and it took me 5 minutes a foot to get them all the way up. 

Saturday night I woke up almost every hour with horrible back pain. I thought it was too early for LO to be taking up that much space where my back would be uncomfortable, but maybe not? Weird thing is that it's gone today.. maybe just slept wrong. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • tova24tova24 member
    @secicc12 try folding the sock into a smaller sock and then pulling the folded part up as you put it on. I saw a video on Runner's World about how to get them on. They are not easy but totally worth it!
  • BlackNYellowBlackNYellow member
    edited May 2017
    tova24 said:
    @secicc12 try folding the sock into a smaller sock and then pulling the folded part up as you put it on. I saw a video on Runner's World about how to get them on. They are not easy but totally worth it!
    @secicc12 What @tova24 said. I wear pro compression and this is how I put mine on...

https://procompression.com/blog/the-easiest-best-way-to-put-on-your-pro-compression-socks/

I highly recommend this brand to anyone that needs a little support throughout the day. I wear them everyday and have just started to noticed that it is hard to take them off at the end of the day. I just cant bend like I normally do. Another option is crew length compression socks. They won't work as well as knee high socks but they are easier to put on and take off for when we all get bigger. 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• @tova24 @BlackNYellow Thank you both! Sounds like they're the right size, just tough to get on. I'll practice this week haha.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Lots of Charlie horses/cramps at night. Huge varicose veins and lots of heartburn and indigestion. Yay!
  • donehuedonehue member
    I'm developing food sensitivities again (used to have to be really strict, but my gut had been really well balanced since my second baby). Dairy and gluten stand out, but I'm sure there are more random things hurting my tummy that I just haven't figured out yet. I feel like I have constant gas/bloating pains.

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• tova24tova24 member
    @belmont1785 I sat in the pool this weekend. It really helped with my leg cramps. Also drinking more water and eating bananas! I also have one of those tension bands that I use to stretch my legs. Other than that, i cry and just stay in bed. 
  • tova24 said:
    @belmont1785 I sat in the pool this weekend. It really helped with my leg cramps. Also drinking more water and eating bananas! I also have one of those tension bands that I use to stretch my legs. Other than that, i cry and just stay in bed. 
    I've been drinking tons of water. For some reason this pregnancy bananas have been making me sick....I cannot get them down. 

I walk like 10 miles per shift at work so I'm sure my legs are just extra tired with all that extra weight etc. Pool sounds wonderful!
  • My legs are swelling up to my knees each day with pitting edema :-( I'm looking into Ted hose to help out. 

Also i have been in a lot of general discomfort. It's like the baby is going through a growth spurt and my body is playing catch up! Also he may kick his way out of my cervix! 
  • I have been getting back pains every day now. They range from just annoying to I want to cry. It makes sleeping so hard when your constantly changing positions because how your laying hurts... I get leg cramps too from time to time but not often. Does anyone else have a sensitive stomach when they wake up at night and they have a full blader?
  • I'm starting to need smaller meals again. I get full so fast. Woke up one night this weekend with horrible heartburn and when I sat up quickly, I almost puked up what felt like pure acid. Fun stuff! I need to pull out my compression socks since my feet swell some and third tri is when my swelling all hit last time. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• +1 on needing smaller meals & the heartburn. At least twice a week, I wake up in the middle of the night to vomit due to heartburn. I need to quit eating so close to bedtime. 

My back & legs are super sore. 
  • The constant feeling like I have to pee but then I barely go at all, feels so unsatisfying. Crazy bad leg cramps and just generally not sleeping great. Also, so so tired again! The amazing kicks are keeping me going right now, lol. 
  • We all need the compression socks. What brands do you like? I'm trying to find the Ted Hose which fit more like panty hose because my legs swell so bad, not just my feet! 
  • bumpybumpbumpybump member
    edited May 2017
    @PinkPrincessPiper I keep a bottle of Tums Maximum Strength (Ultra 1000) next to my bed and pop a couple in my mouth when it's bad during the night. So far it's been working. Although I hate how chalky my mouth is in the morning. Better than acid eating my esophagus though. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @bumpybump and @PinkPrincessPiper I tried Tums for several weeks before trying something stronger. It didn't cut it. I've been on OTC nexium for 2 weeks now and feel so much better. I took prilosec with DS, but it's been recategorized as class c.
  • @SouthernMama15 I have taken Zantac during the day for this pregnancy and it's done great for me. I haven't been getting heartburn during the day lately and luckily just popping a couple Tums is working. Hoping we don't have to deal with heartburn the rest of the time. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @bumpybump I swear it wasn't this bad last time. I forget and bend over and it feels like fire.
  • @secicc12 at first they were hard to put on. they feel like stockings to me..i just bunch the whole leg up so i'm not stretching the whole sock out 
  • like @SpotConlon I cannot get to sleep at all. I will be exhausted during the day but at night when I go to sleep it takes me easily 2-3 hours to get to bed. Any tips on getting to sleep?? 
    Pregnancy Ticker

DH: 35 & Me: 34
    Married September 2014
    2 fur kitties

• tova24tova24 member
    @bestnameever @SpotConlon I can't sleep without putting Netflix on. The tv is like a nightlight that guides me to the bathroom lol. 
  • henamomhenamom member
    these stretchy round ligament pains are intense this time around!  i feel like i've been running a marathon if i move too suddenly or cough or sneeze and it almost makes me cry! 
  • @bestnameever Some things that can help me get to sleep
    -taking a shower/bath at night
    -a cup of sleepytime tea (basically chamomile anything) although I have to be careful not to drink too much before bed  :|
    -not getting into bed until I'm actually tired (otherwise I toss and turn and am just pissed off)
    -reading instead of watching TV right before bed (I should do this one more, but a night time Golden Girls episode sometimes does the trick, too)
    -putting down my glowing phone
    -dimming the lights around the house the closer to bedtime it gets
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • dma0389dma0389 member
    Varicose veins in my left calf, the little braxton hicks here and there, and now I was tested positive for alpha thalassemia as of yesterday (blood disorder that reduces the production of hemoglobin). So now DH is at Quest diagnostics getting his blood drawn to see if he is a carrier of alpha thalassemia. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • The itch is real! My belly is so itchy by mid day, I feel like a dude trying not to awkwardly scratch and be a weirdo. Lotion is only doing so much for short periods of time. Not fun-at all.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @smallbutmighty77 I go through phases of itching. My mom is always asking me why I'm scratching. Ummm, my skin is stretching out. Sugar scrub seems to help when I can remember to buy it. Exfoliates and moisturizes.
  • My sister bought me Tummy Butter. It comes in yellow packaging and has a cute cartoon pregnant bee on it. Not only does my belly not itch, it stays soft and smooth right until I go to bed. I always put the stuff on right out of the shower in the morning. 
    Not sure what it costs because it was a gift, but I think it's worth it! Supposed to help prevent stretch marks too but we all know that's genetics. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have been having leg cramps for a few weeks and have been drinking more water and eating bananas.  But another thing I found that helps is putting an extra blanket on my legs when I sleep.  They were waking me up at night and since I did that I have not had a problem.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My boob is leaking!!!! I know this is totally normal, but still wasn't expecting it. I am not wearing a bra (in pjs) and it leaked a bunch in my frist night gown, and it's done it again in my night shirt.  Guess its time to think about sleeping bras and some breast pads . . . 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • dma0389dma0389 member
    edited May 2017
    @morgy_bee I'm going to check out Ted Hose now that you say it. I've been on a hunt for good compression socks & stockings esp for when I want to wear skirts or dresses at work. 

Literally went to 4 stores on Saturday and not much luck. Pea in a pod didn't have much variety (as in they either had size A's or the large sizes of D, and I'd far under a B ). Target, BuyBuyBaby & Babies R Us had nothing, but I did find compression socks at Academy Sports. My husband bought some from Amazon which came in yesterday but they were too big, so we are returning and getting a Medium. It's called TOFLY Maternity Thigh high footless compression stockings. 

I'm going to check out the local running store tomorrow on my lunch break or after work, my coworker gave me the idea to check the running store here.

Today since I wore pants to work so I put on my husband's Nike compression socks that he wears when he plays basketball. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @DeansGirl14 I usually use the burts bees belly butter, and it has been great. But this week with the warm weather the itching has been bad, and I look like I might have a rash on my lower legs now. Hopefully it isn't heat related bc we have a lot of this weather to go and staying covered and gooped up sounds terrible. 
    Seeing the doc tomorrow so hopefully she has an idea.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Although it's most likely normal, make sure you mention itching to your doctor. It can indicate liver/kidney/gallbladder problems that can be serious.
    But most likely just an annoying pregnancy symptom
  • @dma0389 check your local pharmacy stores like Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid. They are normally in either the diabetic section or I think "specialty" areas (or ask). That's where I got my last pairs during my first pregnancy. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker