October 2017 Moms
Options

UO Thursday (5/11)

124»

Re: UO Thursday (5/11)

• Options
    @bluejeanbabi05 I didn't take it personally. I just wanted to share my POV because personally, I am totally guilty of looking at a situation and just not understanding it because I can't relate. But when someone can say "hey, well, I dealt with this and this was what was going on", then I feel like I can have a better understanding and have a little more compassion. So I try to do that with my experience too. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    VLillyVVLillyV member
    @beezeemarie I'm also a big hashtag junkie... I was into photography a while (not a business) and in order to get a decent exposure, hashtags were the way to go! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    curlyq423curlyq423 member
    edited May 2017
    I had a hashtag when I was pregnant the last time just so I could find those pictures easily on Instagram. I'm glad I did it so I can easily find them now to compare my bump size. 
  • Options
    dajocldajocl member
    @purplestarz We got two trees from them 3 years ago and one is amazing, the other not so much. I'm talking the back yard one is easily 12-15 feet tall and will provide decent shade very soon. The front yard one is maybe 6-7 feet now and has like 3 branches. It's an embarrassment. 

• Options
    @dajocl oh man. Are they the same type of tree? We had an awesome tree in our backyard that came down during one of the crazy windstorms a few months back. We need to replace it bad because right now it's like, hello neighbors! I was contemplating getting a free tree or two again...but we might just shell out the money to get something decent that will grow fast.

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    dajocldajocl member
    @purplestarz They are different. The one that's growing well is called a Sawleaf Zelkova. It's a Japanese tree of some kind, I really don't remember. We got a Red Maple for the front and my husband keeps talking about going and buying something to replace it that will grow faster...

• Options
    @dajocl we talked about ditching this tree but I'm worried we will get in trouble haha

• Options
    dajocldajocl member
    @purplestarz That's the same reason I haven't let my husband do it! I don't want trouble. 

• Options
    purplestarzpurplestarz member
    edited May 2017
    @Brambles23 I would loooooove an avocado tree. Also I had no idea you could splice trees like that. Amazing. The neighbors next to us have an Orange tree that hangs over the fence so we get half of their oranges without having to take care of the tree. The neighbors behind us have a lemon tree that does the same thing but I really don't use lemons very often so it just annoys me.

• Options
    ac1259ac1259 member
    So we wanted a golden retriever when we got our dog, got a puppy from a breeder, paid like $600 for her. After the vet bills we've been through, I wish we had gone for those hip and knee certified breeders because I've paid over 6k in knee surgeries for this dog who used to be super sweet and personable and is now still very sweet but is anxious as anything after the surgeries. They say it probably wasn't genetic but she was 2 years old when both of her CCL's tore. A little hard to believe it was just a coincidence. So, I have no problem with rescue dogs, I don't know how comfortable I'd be bringing them into a house with small children and idk what we'd do if we got another dog. We've definitely agreed that after our current dog is gone we'll be dog free until the kids are a bit bigger but who knows when that'll happen. I'm figuring with all the hardware in her it won't be too long here (she's 7) but we'll see. 

I'm also in the group of people where my dog was my baby until we had babies and now she drives me semi-insane....we're going on vacation and I'm dropping her with my mom fully knowing that she's going to get spoiled rotten and I won't have to worry about her for a week...it'll be nice! 

• Options
    @ac1259 I completely understand. We are going out of town next week and my dad is coming to watch the dogs. Honestly I'm so looking forward to a break from taking care of them lol

• Options
    @ac1259 Our dog goes over to our ILs when we're out of town and it's just as much a vacation for her as it is for us. They also have a dachshund who is very lonely since their last one died about two years ago, so they LOVE being around each other. Plus my FIL gives Daisy (Our dog) table food, which we don't allow at home, and she gets to lay on their couches, which I also don't allow since she peed on ours. 
    Daisy and their dog were both seriously depressed when we came home in March and they had to split up again. 
  • Options
    @PizzaMonster3 I'm pretty sure if I asked FIL and it were up to him, he would take our dog. He loves her and spoils her rotten. I'm more strict just because I've seen the health of their 3 dogs they've had since I've been with dh and don't believe dogs should have human food. Plus I already have 3 kids to clean up after, I dont have time to clean up pee spots a couple times a week, so I have to restrict where she is at during the day so I can keep an eye on her.  I feel like both their dog and ours would be happier if daisy lived there, but I don't think MIL would go for it 
  • Options
    dajocl said:
    I made a kumquat bread last year and it was amazing. Also it was my first and so far only time eating them. But dang I'd do it again. 
    Uh....recipe please?  
    June 2017 Siggy Challenge:  "You had one job to do!"

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    dajocldajocl member
    @Brambles23 I'm 99% sure this is the one I used. It's a healthyish version but for being on the healthy side, it's yummy. 

https://cookilicious.com/powerbreakfasts/kumquat-walnut-oatmeal-bread/

• Options
    I don't get why people at work go into the bathroom to have a phone conversation. Everyone else in there is using the bathroom. I'm sure the person on the other line love hearing the sound of people peeing and flushing. 
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    feeislove said:
    I don't get why people at work go into the bathroom to have a phone conversation. Everyone else in there is using the bathroom. I'm sure the person on the other line love hearing the sound of people peeing and flushing. 
    Along this line, I don't get how anyone can have a phone conversation while they're going to the bathroom. I don't even want my husband hearing me poop, let alone whoever I'm talking to. Freaking gross

*as I type this in the bathroom  :*
  • Options
    I will go to the bathroom when I'm on a conference call, but only if I'm on mute. I would never do it while actually talking. I also sometimes leave my headphones/spotify/podcast on when I'm in the bathroom at work.

One more: I really hate when TV shows run low on ideas and do an all musical episode. Or black & white episode. or what if this one thing hadn't happened episode. Just get on with the plot already...
  • Options
    H is an airport cab driver, and apparently there is one bathroom for chauffeurs, and it is NASTY. H often has to use the one inside the airport. (although its far from where they wait in line for their next customer, not convenient cause they dont always have the time to get there and they already have another client) 
    Back to the nasty bathroom, he doesnt dare touch the sink or sit on the stool... Oh and he says there is an inch of piss on the floor. 
    Believe it or not he says a lot of chauffeurs not only talk on the phone in there but take their lunch break!!! They re talking on the phone with a headset while pooping and..... 
    Eating!!!!!! 
    I vomitted twice in my mouth just writting this down.