dogperson11dogperson11 member
edited May 2017 in October 2017 Moms
Unpopular opinions go here

Married November 2009
Clara, August 2014 
Baby Boy due October 2017

Re: UO Thursday (5/11)

• Loading the player...
  • I think it's super crappy that after paying well over $100 for highlights, you still have to pay like $30 or more extra for a "blowdry." I always protest by leaving with wet hair.
    my hairdresser won't let me! she says she wants to blowdry it to make sure it came out ok. i mean i can't complain too much bc she is 50% of the cost of my last hairdresser. but i am like i dont need this i am going to sleep!
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails
  • edited May 2017
    @carries2018 I'm already beginning to chicken out of this appt. I'm cutting corners because I don't want to wait a month (!!!!!) for the other amazing girl at my normal salon. I really should spring for the blow dry so I can make sure it's not terrible prior to leaving. I'm just cheap.

eta: also my brothers wedding is in 3 weeks and she can't fit me in before that and I want to look prettttttty

• @Brambles23 YES. We know someone who had a French bulldog flown in from RUSSIA. WHY???? 

• natleilynnnatleilynn member
    edited May 2017
    Stupid double post.
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @natleilynn @bluejeanbabi05 right?!?!  

I totally understand if you are looking for a specific breed, but you might luck out at a shelter and there are specific breed rescues.  But a rescue dog knows that they were saved (especially if from a kill-shelter).  They never forget.  When we get a place with more space to roam around, we want to adopt a dog.  
    The shelter we got our dogs from have breed lists - so if you *are* looking for a specific breed, you can add your name to the list and if they get one in, they call people on the waiting list. I mean, we just walked in and got the ones we fell in love with, but I thought that was a great alternative for the people who insist they just *have* to have a certain breed.
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I dunno, maybe I'm just cheap.

TBH though, I really would love to have a Corgi, so I'm hoping we luck out.  
    June 2017 Siggy Challenge:  "You had one job to do!"

BabyFruit Ticker
  • we really wanted a bulldog, i grew up with boxers H had a pug...it was like making them into one. and their health issues i wanted to be smart about it. we used our wedding money for him. but no matter how "smart" i was their health issues still suck. and he is a PITA. after DD2 was born we spent $2K+ on him for emergency surgery bc he ate 3 pacis.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Oh no @carries2018 we have a French bulldog, and yeah intelligence....not so much his thing. No health issues so far at 4yo...knock on wood 

• @bluejeanbabi05 GAH!!!!  I love Corgi butts!!!!  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Dumb mobile...cutting off my post...

@dumbledoredies about 4-5 years ago we fostered a litter of kittens that we found while tearing down a section of our fence.  They were only a few days old.  It was bittersweet to see them go.  We already had 3 cats at the time, so we didn't need anymore.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • i do agree with @jessfishy there are reasons for going to a breeder, and i don't think they should be shamed for it. next time i dont know what we will do. we have a lifestyle we can only accommodate a certain "type" of dog. meaning low energy. a lot of rescue dogs have some type of lab in them, which really doesn't work for us. not ruling it out, and like i said we will be done with dogs for awhile, and our lifestyle could change. but i want to be fair to whatever dog we do bring home. but my original reasons for wanting a bulldog are so not even on my radar anymore. i was a young kidless kid. i didnt know what i was doing.

Pregnancy Ticker

• jessafishyjessafishy member
    edited May 2017
    Also, we have a pomeranian that we adopted from someone who had bought her from a breeder. Good lord, never again will I have a double-coated breed. Also she will be toothless by the time it's over. She's not a chewer so her teeth are pretty much doomed. She lost TEN a few months ago, but at least now she doesn't smell like she's dying on the inside.

ETA: I say "lost" as in she had to go to the doggie dentist and have them removed. 
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore