December 2017 Moms
Options

Stupid Question Sunday

Re: Stupid Question Sunday

• Options
    @vvitchhazel @anewadventure Thank you! I've definitely heard about the limbs/pacifiers so that makes sense!
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    @Marley629 @blueskies17 thank you so much for the information!! I was getting really confused between the two!!! Sounds like it just depends on what your OB office typically works with! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I will 14wks by my next appointment, and I am scheduled for an ultrasound. Is that too soon to tell what the sex of the baby is? 
    Me: 30 DH: 28
    Married: Nov 2015

Team Pink!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    NME44NME44 member
    @vauxthekate, with any real accuracy? Yes. Maybe they could take a guess, though. But I know a lot of US techs won't just because they can't be sure.
  • Options
    @NME44 That's what I thought. I figure the US tech won't even suggest it, there is no point in guessing. 
    Me: 30 DH: 28
    Married: Nov 2015

Team Pink!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    dkizz82dkizz82 member
    @vauxthekate the earliest I have seen them doing is 15 weeks. That's when early gender scans are done. If it's a boy, it might be obvious and them tell you but I'm not sure. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Another stupid question related to water. Boats. ..... is like bumpiness unsafe for us? If amusement rides are, then I'm concerned about boating 
    Me: 31  DH: 32      <3 DH since 12.2009       Married 08.2013       EDD 12.2017
  • Options
    NME44NME44 member
    I think boating is fine. I wouldn't go white water rafting.
  • Options
    atackatack member
    @AMCsquared I went on a boat on our babymoon when I was 22 weeks and everything was totally fine.  I was freaking out the entire time - super bumpy.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @AMCsquared Some of the caution regarding amusement park rides has to do with harsh, jerky movements which generally don't happen on boats. Also, the sustained increased adrenaline/heart rate that you experience on thrill rides. I wouldn't worry about boating at all. 
  • Options
    @vauxthekate The tech who did my NT scan last time (13.5 weeks) was "99.9% positive" it was a boy...it was! I didn't go buy anything until after the anatomy scan 5 weeks later though. 
  • Options
    ok. i am feeling nervous about that bc when we pick up speed to actually move anywhere it gets super bumpy (its a smallish boat, not a big smooth one)
  • Options
    I went on my daughter's field trip on Friday and ended up riding the world's bumpiest hay wagon.  I didn't think about saying no until we were too far away to really do anything about it.  I totally freaked out about it but my appointment on Monday showed that baby was fine.  But lesson learned.  No more hayrides for me.  

• Options
    Yeahhh. Oye. This is why I'm wondering if boats are out for this summer bc it's way bumpier than a hayride. Glad there's so much to freak out about lol
  • Options
    I love boats :(
  • Options
    sameeee
  • Options
    NME44NME44 member
    I really don't think bumpiness is a problem. Your baby is floating in fluid in there; it won't slam up against your uterine wall or anything. On amusement park rides you would have a lap belt or something that could potentially put pressure on the uterus during the jerks and stops.
  • Options
    nz113nz113 member
    Personally for me, the stress of possibly hurting the baby (even though it most likely won't) would keep me from going on a boat. It's not worth the anxiety for me. Which sucks. I love boating as we own an awesome one and I live in South Florida... next year though!
  • Options
    dkizz82dkizz82 member
    @ChelK3 I'm rolling. Haha the bump gods. In all honesty I have no idea but you made me laugh. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ChelK3 I always wonder the same thing and then delete the evidence of my potty mouth 
  • Options
    NME44NME44 member
    I really think there's no swearing on the bump.
  • Options
    NME44NME44 member
    K, guess I was wrong. I think there used to be a rule. I don't know.
  • Options
    I think they have a rule if you use it towards someone else in a derogatory way. 
  • Options
    ChelK3ChelK3 member
    Fuck yeah!
  • Options
    @jlemons-2 is right. You can't curse AT someone or make TB "unwelcoming" for others (which coincidentally could include curse words). Cursing alone is no big deal. 
    SN used to be soemthingclever
    Me: 28 DH: 35
    Dx PCOS May 2015
    Baby #1 due 12/7/17
  • Options
    Those with belly button piercings.... do u take it out during ultrasounds??
  • Options
    @AMCsquared I never did with DS and the tech always said it was fine. I did have to take it out in my 3rd tri bec it had become painful the bigger I got. Same with my nipple piercings...just a ramdom fyi.
  • Options
    OK thanks! Haha. I want to get some of those really long pregnancy specific belly pieces once I get bigger.
  • Options
    @AMCsquared I never took my belly ring out, but I did get some of the long pregnancy ones later on once the regular one became uncomfortable.
  • Options
    AMCsquaredAMCsquared member
    edited May 2017
    Cool! There r some really nice ones online. When did u use a pregnancy one with the longer stem?
    I love this one

• Options
    I figured out the answer to my question, but it was still a funny pregnancy freak out moment. I was taking a shower and laid down in the tub, and the water from the shower head was falling onto my stomach.  It was nice but I started to worry if it was too much pressure hitting my stomach, or if it was really loud in there and scaring the baby! Even at the time I knew it was ridiculous, but freaked myself out enough that I stood up. This is crazy, right? I confirmed that baby can't even hear yet, and that water falling on my stomach will not cause any harm  :)
  • Options
    I don't think I ever had to take my belly ring out. I had the plastic ones that you cut to the length you need, but I got so big in third tri that I was honestly scared the skin would rip, so I took it out for about two months.
    D17 May Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV/Movie Mom

*TW*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

30 January 2017: Loss at 6+2

8 March 2017: Loss at 5+4

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @shellac835 That sounds relaxing. I must try that!
    D17 May Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV/Movie Mom

*TW*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

30 January 2017: Loss at 6+2

8 March 2017: Loss at 5+4

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @shellac835 i would totally ask the same question haha

OK dumb ultrasound question. How long do u get to see the baby at the 12 week US? My 8 week US was like 1 minute so I'm wondering what to expect. I've watched videos online but I'd love to hear the general consensus here.
    Also dumb question... I've read for the 20 week Scan u go on a full bladder. Does it matter full or empty for 12 week?
  • Options
    dkizz82dkizz82 member
    @AMCsquared my Dr doesn't do 12 weeks scans but anytime you have an abdominal ultrasound they will want a full bladder, at least that has been my experience 
    Pregnancy Ticker