October 2017 Moms
Options

Symptoms Thread 05/03

I had to start this because today, literally everything thing is making well up with tears. I have been sobbing several times at work when i think of Todd Heap's daughter. I wasnt this emotional until now. I almost cried over an email. Ugh. I hate when i feel like this! 

Re: Symptoms Thread 05/03

• Options
    I lately I've been feeling more and more normal! 
    Nausea seems to be less and less frequent. 
    Headaches and migraines have started. 
    RLP and LC have arrived and sometimes get intense. 
    Energy spurts are great in the morning,  but leave me feeling defeated by mid-afternoon. 
    Otherwise it's been really nice. 

@buttercream_frosting could the feeling in your booty be sciatica?! When mine is affected it leaves my butt cheek feeling sore. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @buttercream_frosting the pulled muscle feeling might be pregnancy related.. my left butt cheek has been killing me for weeks on and off lol. I'm thinking it's sciatica like @canonmom413 suggested but isn't it too early for that?
  • Options
    RLP is the worst! When I first had it with DD, i thought something was seriously wrong. With this LO, i felt it suoer early. At like 7 weeks and then went away. Now I just have it if I roll in a bed a weird way or sneeze or something like that.
  • Options
    @buttercream_frosting the pulled muscle feeling might be pregnancy related.. my left butt cheek has been killing me for weeks on and off lol. I'm thinking it's sciatica like @canonmom413 suggested but isn't it too early for that?
    It's never too early for sciatica. My moms hurts all the time and she's clearly not with child ;) it can be affected for a variety of reasons. Mine is susceptible because of my athletic past. I used to lift heavy pretty regularly for years. So now any wrong movement or any pressure internally causes pain. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• Options
    ariz17ariz17 member
    I feel like my heart doing weird things... either beating an extra beat or skipping a beat. I know your heart grows and is pumping almost twice the amount of blood that it used to, but it is a little off-putting.

Also, I think my uterus is sore.. maybe some round ligament pain?
  • Options
    I called the Midwives today about my crazy pelvic pain. They said it's Pelvic Girdle Pain and recommended a pregnancy support belt/band to help. They also said stretches, not crossing legs, lots of pillows at night, heat and not overdoing it will help reduce pain too. 

Anyone ever use a pregnancy support band/belt before? Any suggestions? I see 2 kinds, both wrap around the back to front, but some also have a band over the top of the belly. Not sure which is best. 
  • Options
    I seriously hate that everything upsets my stomach. I ate an hour before I left the house, so that I could use the restroom before I left...stomach never got upset so I left, and not even 5 minutes into my drive it's starts curdling. Now I'm going to have to try and be sneaky and I hate using public restrooms.  :s
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Well damn I didn't think of sciatica! Looks like this pregnancy is giving me all the funsies. Thanks ladies for pointing that out. 

**June Siggy Challenge: You Had ONE Job!**

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ariz17 my HB went crazy high. 100bpm when I was sitting and relaxing during 3rd tri. I had to get an ECG. If you feel like something isn't righg then get checked out. 

**June Siggy Challenge: You Had ONE Job!**

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ariz17ariz17 member
    @buttercream_frosting yeah I think I should have it checked out at least. It can't hurt.
  • Options
    ariz17ariz17 member
    @sdarling2010 I've been looking into getting a pregnancy support band/belt for this dang RLP. I was thinking of going to a maternity store and tell them my needs / symptoms and see if they have any suggestions. 
  • Options
    beezeeebeezeee member
    My belly has been feeling big and heavy, like it did when I was way further along last time. I wasn't ready to feel uncomfortable just yet!
    October 2017 June Siggy Challenge -- "You Had One Job!" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • Options
    I get fatigued quicker, especially on days that I go to the gym/do yard work.  I'm also finding myself get a little winded after walking up a set of stairs-nothing major but something that didn't happen before pregnancy.  My ankles are starting to hurt this week too.

I've also been generally cranky...everything is irritating me this week.  

Oh, and the pregnancy brain is in full effect.  

Much love to you mamas with RLP and other aches/pains.  ❤️
    June 2017 Siggy Challenge:  "You had one job to do!"

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    shan24shan24 member
    Anyone else dealing with low blood pressure?  My BP is typically low, and it was lower than normal, even for me, at my last appointment, but I feel like it's giving me symptoms, now. I'm lightheaded a lot, especially when getting up from sitting and I'm wondering if it is contributing to my extreme exhaustion. 
  • Options
     @kkerner87 I feel weepy a lot also I find myself feeling like I am going to cry over odd things or at least feeling emotional. I also have less nausea but now I get hungry at non predictable times like I can eat two dinners some nights within two hours and be starving but the next night not feel hungry. It's hard to know what to bring for lunch at work now. oh well.
  • Options
    kkerner87kkerner87 member
    edited May 2017
    I have also had really bad dizzy spells in the morning. Like makes say "woah..." And grab onto a wall or something else near by. I'm going to mention it to my doc, but I had it earlier in this pregnancy and now it is back. I read it could be my body having a hard time keeping up with the increased BF, low BP or iron levels..
  • Options
    ariz17ariz17 member
    @kkerner87 I've been having dizzy spells too. I have to hold onto to something to make sure I am stable from time to time.

@Brambles23 my pregnancy is also in full effect. I almost forgot my keys at a restaurant.. not good with keys these days. I also just feel like it takes me longer to do cognitive yet normal things at work. 

Also, I am wondering.. will I ever not be exhausted and tired!?
  • Options
    @kkerner87 +1 to the dizzy spells. I literally fainted 3 times when I was pregnant with DS. So far it's just been grabbing on to walls and having to sit down this time. 

Anyone else feel like their immune system is total crap?! I'm pretty sure I have strep and need to go to the doctor today. But this is the 3rd time I've been sick this pregnancy so far! And that's not counting the runny noses and stuff between the 3 "real" sicknesses. Im sick and tired of it! Pun intended. 
    October 2017 May siggy challenge - Parenting fails

DS-02/25/16
    Pregnancy #2-Due 8/24/17 MMC-01/09/17
    DD-Due 10/24/17
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @shan24 I have low bp too. It is usually around 71/48 since being oh and the OB always tells me to drink more water and make sure I know where the ground is at all times.
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    shan24shan24 member
    @ChocolateIsLife I know I don't drink enough water. I'll have to try to drink more. 
  • Options
    @ChocolateIsLife @shan24 I was struggling with low BP and self medicated with salt when my dr said not to worry about it. I was feeling way too terrible too many nights a week to just seek ground all the time. 

I spent a week extra salting - and fun side effect it helped me finally get back to eating meat protein - and then didn't need to add salt any more. I feel better and haven't needed to add salt to any food for about two weeks. 

I read something somewhere that your body knows best - that adding salt to taste is different for everyone and needing more salt than others is sometimes a sign of a deficiency. I was loading on salt but food tasted right, not salty, so I think my body was accepting it because of my low BP. 
    **April Siggy Challenge**Baby Animals**

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ariz17 I had a 45min flight yesterday and nearly fainted halfway through. My heart was racing,  shortness of breath, and that slight chill you get right before passing out happened. I just didn't actually pass out. I called my doctor because I've never had trouble flying before and they said it would pass and nothing to be worried about. 

So idk if I have a crap doctor or I'm a big pansy but I'm starting to doubt all this "it's just normal PG" stuff.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ariz17ariz17 member
     @PizzaMonster3 That had to be super scary! I hope that doesn't happen to you again!!
  • Options
    shan24shan24 member
    @PizzaMonster3 so, you're saying my body *needs* the salty McDonald's fries I've been craving non-stop?  That's fantastic!  ;)
  • Options
    I've also been having lightheaded/dizzy spells frequently which is really not normal for me. My BP is usually on the high end of normal. Planning to bring this up at next appt.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @pizzamonster3 Funny, not even 2 minutes before getting on TB I was telling DH how i needed lots of salt of everything right now. I have read that it can help with low bp as well (side note: it also helps if you develop a complication during the IVF process called OHSS. It saved my bacon for sure). I have been craving salty foods and V8. I think I'm going to try an extra salty week. It can't hurt. 

6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Someone was talking about shooting boob pains earlier- too lazy to tag but that's all me right now. Super weird

• Options
    I'm about to be in my 16th week this Monday, and so far I can't drive long in the car and get super nauseas! Whether it's me driving or not! 

I'm super emotional! Cried because I wanted buffalo chicken tenders so bad!!! Haha besides that a lot of my symptoms went away, maybe easing into the great second trimester ? 

Although I do get crampy a bit and tend to freak out! I am a high risk because of diabetes but so far everything has been good. But I become super paranoid and Dr.Google doesn't help when I google symptoms and usually end up reading about MMC:/
  • Options
    All-in-all I'm feeling pretty good.  Having some sciatic pain on the left now.  Feeling the baby kick more and more despite my anterior placenta.  This little one gave me a nice karate kick last night....completely surprised and delighted me with how strong it was  :D
    Trigger warning in signature...
    Me: 33  DH: 37
    Together since 2010, Married August 2014
    TTC: Off and on since April 2015
    Diagnosis: Severe MFI
    1/15/2017: FET #1, successful. Baby boy delivered via c-section 9/30/17  <3
    1/2/2018: FET #2: BFN  :'(

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @swtanana Ahh that is so exciting! I can't wait to feel those kicks! 
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My symptom the past few days: I mentally feel like organizing and cleaning, but I'm physically not there. Its like I have the energy in my brain to do all of this stuff, but nope. Not getting off the couch right now. 
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ChocolateIsLife sameeeeeee

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 17 weeks and I am still sure I haven't felt LO move. Is this normal for a first pregnancy? I felt maybe twitches a couple weeks back but nothing since. I am still gaining weight. I see my OB tomorrow so I'll feel better after hearing LOs heartbeat.
  • Options
    @MamanBee also a FTM so not much help, but sending good vibes your way for your appointment tomorrow! Hearing the hb is always wonderful and sets our minds at ease <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MamanBee Totally normal. I didn't feel movement until 18 weeks with my first and for people with anterior placenta it's often even later. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kkerner87 I'm super emotional as well, and its driving nuts! I promise I cry at least once or twice a day... over the simplest things!
  • Options
    ariz17ariz17 member
    I don't know if I have a case of the "lighting crotch" but my vagina area / cervix area (i think) hurts. I think I'm thinking too much into this because at my AS appointment, they told me my placenta was close to my cervix. They said its nothing to be alarmed about now and it 6 weeks they'll check it again to see if it has moved up. 

But basically, every time I sit down it my "crocthal" area hurts. Also, like rolling over in bed kind of hurt it too. I opened up a heavy door and I felt strained down there too. I called the doctor and they said its just muscles growing and stretching and they said to monitor it and get a maternity belt. 

Do these symptoms sound familiar to anyone else?