June 2017 Moms
Options

Randoms - Week of 5/1

I didn't see a new weekly randoms thread so I thought I'd start one! 

Re: Randoms - Week of 5/1

• Options
    JessyKVJessyKV member
    This is totally random. 

Would you rather get a prenatal massage or a whole house deep clean the week before you are due? 

Also would you feel comfortable staying the night an hour and 15 minutes away from your hospital at almost 39 weeks? I'm due June 5th and DH really wants to go to my Dad's lake condo for Memorial Day weekend but it's over an hour away from our house . Of course there are a lot of factors leading up to that point.  I would definitely have to see how I felt . But if I packed my hospital bag and car seat I feel like my DH could get us to my hospital in an hourish.  And my Dad could watch our other two.  Am I crazy to even contemplate that?  My son was born at 40+3 and even though I was technically scheduled to be induced I walked in at a 6 and had him 5 hours later.  
  • Options
    Uhhh  at this point, deep cleaned house sounds amazing!!!! That would be my vote! 
    I don't know about the lake cottage. I'd probably go for it as long as I was fully prepared to go to the hospital if I felt the need.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    JessyKV said:
    This is totally random. 

Would you rather get a prenatal massage or a whole house deep clean the week before you are due? 

Also would you feel comfortable staying the night an hour and 15 minutes away from your hospital at almost 39 weeks? I'm due June 5th and DH really wants to go to my Dad's lake condo for Memorial Day weekend but it's over an hour away from our house . Of course there are a lot of factors leading up to that point.  I would definitely have to see how I felt . But if I packed my hospital bag and car seat I feel like my DH could get us to my hospital in an hourish.  And my Dad could watch our other two.  Am I crazy to even contemplate that?  My son was born at 40+3 and even though I was technically scheduled to be induced I walked in at a 6 and had him 5 hours later.  
    Deep clean of my house for sure! 

I personally wouldn't feel comfortable spending a night that far away from the hospital that close to my due date. My water broke at my in-laws with DD at 39 weeks and contractions began immediately 2-3 minutes apart and were super intense... I couldn't sit still in the car and we were only a 15 min drive from the hospital- I can't imagine if I had to spend another hour in the car on top of that! It would be really nice to have someone there to watch your other two that quick though. 
  • Options
    Definitely deep clean the house. 100%

is there another hospital close by just in case? I would say yes if there was. An hour away from any hospital...I think no. 

• Options
    delujm0delujm0 member
    Definitely deep clean the house. 100%

is there another hospital close by just in case? I would say yes if there was. An hour away from any hospital...I think no. 

This.  Also I went to my sister's wedding, a 10 hour drive away, at 38.5 weeks with DD, so I may not be the most rational person to give advice haha.  But i had a doctor up there lined up just in case.  It wound up being fine.  I did ask my doctor the day before I left and she said I could go as long as I was cool with possibly having to deliver there (my while family is there so that was fine with me).
  • Options
    Deep clean definitely! I would not go that far away, but I am also a high-risk pregnancy. I won't even go to ILs this weekend at 33 weeks because it is 2.5 hours away and their hospitals suck. The closest hospital that is rated B or higher is about an hour/hour 15 away. 

• Options
    I would get my house deep cleaned! Actually, I already got a quote this week and I'm returning some stuff to target today to help pay for it! $50 down, $100 to go. Let's see... what can I sell? Haha

I live 45 minutes away from my hospital. If there's traffic, it could be an hour, so I personally think the hour should be ok or I'm at least telling myself that! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • Options
    mombodmombod member
    Definitly deep clean. I would probably go and just have everything ready just in case. I drove 2 hrs back and forth by myself to a family 1st birthday last time at 38+. I like to be very busy though to distract me.
  • Options
    +1 for deep clean! 
    +1 for packing the hospital bags, installing the carseat, and heading to the lake. That's what I'm planning if I haven't had the baby by memorial day and I'll be 39+2. Our lake place is about 40 minutes from the hospital, but our house is also 30-40 so I'd rather be distracted at the lake than sitting at home. I think having someone to watch the kids immediately will save you the time you will lose. If I were you, I'd go. 
  • Options
    LMMamaLMMama member
    Give me the deep clean. That sounds so helpful right now. 

My opinion may not count because I didn't really go into labor last time since I was induced so I have no idea how quickly it can escalate-  but I would feel comfortable going to the lake house. I went to an overnight wedding at 38 weeks that was two hours away my last pregnancy. I fully intend to spend MDW at the shore (and maybe a couple days after that- due 6/15) and that's a little over an hour from my hospital. Like you said, I'm just going to have my car seat ready and bag with me. 
  • Options
    Deep clean for sure!!!

I'd plan for the lake, prep everything ahead of time, then see how I feel when the time comes. 
  • Options
    Definitely the deep cleaning!!! The closer I get to EDD the less motivation I have to do any kind of cleaning/cooking. 

I wouldn't feel comfortable being an hour /+15 from the hospital that close to due date, but I also live 7 minutes from ours, 20 tops in rush hour traffic. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    JessyKVJessyKV member
    @kyreno11 that's kind of what I was thinking.  And being in the pool sounds amazing plus some help with the kids.  All our family is 2-3 hours away from us normally except when my dad is at the lake.  It will definitely depend on my apt that week and how I'm feeling . We might even just drive down for the day and not stay the night.  There are hospitals at the lake but I haven't looked into them.  Maybe I'll do a little research. 
  • Options
    Normally, I would say deep clean, but H and I just moved into a new place so we don't really need that. 

Regardless, I'm getting the prenatal massage because my midwifery center gave me a gift certificate for a free one. 
  • Options
    Please come clean my house! And I am an hour away from my hospital, I've been reading that it's common, so I don't see why you would miss out on lake time go have fun!
  • Options
    +1 for the deep clean. I had a prenatal massage this pregnancy and while it was nice while it lasted, my feet were swollen again by the end of the day. 

I think going to the lake sounds like it may be okay in your situation. I definitely wouldn't do it, but I'm a nervous person in general. 
  • Options
    Random: just had a conversation with my 4 yr old about his testicles. He wants to know what they're for and why Mommy doesn't have them. Thank God he was happy with "I don't know how to explain that to you right now" 
    FT Boy moms- prepare yourselves :wink:
    Lmfao! That would've been my response as well. 
    I was waiting for my SS to ask DH and/or myself about where babies come from at some point during this pregnancy... so far nothing. Yay for not having to have the "birds and the bees" convo this early! 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    @Stankonia2014 The only strike I'd need would be that it's my cousin's kid. I can't stand my cousin's kids. Thank goodness they all live 45 minutes from me and I quite literally never see them. 
    I have to admit that I did do a Facebook invite for DS' 1st birthday party, but it was super small and casual, basically "let's hang out and play at the park and eat dessert". 
  • Options
    Team deep clean and go on your trip. My doctor uses a 2 hr radius rule as her standard of distance she'd feel comfortable with me traveling close to birth. My home is about 45 min away from my hospital. I'd just make sure you pack hospital stuff, carseat, etc. just in case.
    Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    tmrusselltmrussell member
    edited May 2017

I live 45 minutes from my hospital so yes I personally would feel comfortable with that drive. If you feel labor coming on just don't hesitate to go to the hospital.

Team deep clean

Edit: added content
  • Options
    +1 for deep clean.
    +1 for pack the bags for the hospital with you and go on the trip. Unless you have a history of support fast labors, I think an hour is not too much. Plus, it's not that likely that you will happen to go into labor those particular days. I might have a different perspective though because my first labor was over 30 hours. And because I already live 40 minutes from my hospital, so if I am ever going to 20 minutes from my house in the opposite direction (which I do all the time because that's mostly where I shop and we go out to eat) I am that far away anyway.
  • Options
    Currently looking up quotes for a deep clean. 

And I will be driving two hours away to visit my parents every weekend in May. I'll be taking my hospital bag and records just in case. But I was overdue with my son and I haven't had any sort of labor type signs. If I did I may not risk it. 
  • Options
    JessyKVJessyKV member
    So my newborn photography package also has a free mini maternity session.  This is my third kiddo and I really don't feel like maternity pics.  So I told the photographer if she wanted to do something fun to build her portfolio id be up for that.  She's newer and trying to build her business still.  So she wants to do a milk bath shoot.  She got me a white see through lace dress so wear and I'm in charge of under garmets . Would you wear white or nude? 
  • Options
    @JessyKV, I'd do white.
  • Options
    @JessyKV, here's another vote for white.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • Options
    @JessyKV RED!!!! Lol 
    I personally would do nude but I think it really depends on what you're comfortable with!
  • Options
    danij0danij0 member
    @JessyKV I think I would go with white.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    mrtmrt member
    @huzzahuzza I had to have this conversation with my 5yo a few months ago and he was not satisfied with any of my answers! I tried to just vaguely say that they would help him when he was a grown up. I then told him I had to ask his dad, and we decided we would talk about testosterone and growing a beard and stuff like that. He hasn't asked again, so we haven't brought it up.
  • Options
    What in the world is a milk bath shoot? I've never heard of it! 

• Options
    lmc929lmc929 member
    JessyKV white -- and might I add that I am so jealous. Those pictures turn out GORGEOUS! :)

Me: 29 DH: 35

Married: 9/29/12

DS #1: 3/8/15

• Options
    lmc929lmc929 member
    What in the world is a milk bath shoot? I've never heard of it! 

There are way too many good gifs for this to let it go unanswered....

But for real.... https://www.pinterest.com/explore/milk-bath-photography/?lp=true

Me: 29 DH: 35

Married: 9/29/12

DS #1: 3/8/15

• Options
    lmudralmudra member
    Deep clean- in fact my neighbor cleans houses and I'm going to have her come do a deep clean while we're at the hospital.  Then we come home to a sparkly clean house!!!
  • Options
    lmudralmudra member
    And white for the milk bath shoot.
  • Options
    I was actually going to say nude for the shoot but I'm in the minority!
     @swanbrooner just had this done...what did you go with?