July 2017 Moms

Randoms May 1-7

Re: Randoms May 1-7

• DcwtadaDcwtada member
    I use the changing station with my toddlers on the PNP. That thing has been a lifesaver, doubles as a storage place for diapers, extra clothes and toys that have been banned for one reason or another and a place to contain the madness that is changing a toddler. My son used to be like changing a crocodile mid take-down of a particularily agile antelope, I can't imagine if he had leverage to move or escape. 
  • I have a changing pad with a cover that I just think is cute, but after hearing about poop explosions, I'm thinking I may put a towel or something over it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • If you get that much shit and pee all over the place, maybe you ought to re think your diaper changing ways. 
  • I'm another one who never actually used the changing table (bought a dresser with a special changing topper but it rarely got used). Having a 2 story home made it ridiculous to go upstairs just to change a diaper. 

I always had wipeable and portable changing pad (like the one that comes in the diaper bag) around wherever I happened to be keeping my diapers and wipes and I just laid it down wherever (couch, floor, bed, table) to change the diaper. Easy to just wipe if you have anything come out of the diaper. 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• acstec1acstec1 member
    I used my changing pad when I was on our second floor and the PnP changing station when I was on the first floor and then a changing pad if we were on the basement floor. There was one time when I changed my DD on the couch and her butt was facing me and she had an explosive poop that went all over me and the couch. It only happened once, but it does happen.
  • My daughter is two and I still carry her up to her room to change her on her dresser with changing pad every single diaper change. Every. Single. One. Just typing that out makes me realize I'm insane. I bought a changing table for our family room because there's no way I'm continuing that crazy shit when this ones born. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • BabyBump2 said:
    If you get that much shit and pee all over the place, maybe you ought to re think your diaper changing ways. 
    LOL this. I always kept a waterproof pad on top of the changing pad cover, and I would wash it on a regular (maybe weekly) basis whenever I was doing laundry, But it was very rarely that I HAD to wash it. Usually if it's going to be a messy diaper you know before you start. But some babies are more prone to surprise squirts when the diaper is off.
  • AdaByron said:
    BabyBump2 said:
    If you get that much shit and pee all over the place, maybe you ought to re think your diaper changing ways. 
    LOL this. I always kept a waterproof pad on top of the changing pad cover, and I would wash it on a regular (maybe weekly) basis whenever I was doing laundry, But it was very rarely that I HAD to wash it. Usually if it's going to be a messy diaper you know before you start. But some babies are more prone to surprise squirts when the diaper is off.
    Oh I totally get it ha ha she's acting like every time she changes a diaper she gets poop and pee everywhere! Like, it's not that hard to change a diaper lol
  • We have a changing table because we have a nanny and I'm not gonna make her use the couch or floor. Besides, our place is small so it's a good set up for us. 

The Nose Frida, aside from the gross factor, is really hard to use IMO. I don't have that kind of lung strength. We bought something electronic and it is amazing. From OccoBaby. 

Random feeling... I'm just 29 weeks along but my bump looks like how it did when I was full term with DD1. Anyone else growing faster? 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lph4248lph4248 member
    acstec1 said:
    I used my changing pad when I was on our second floor and the PnP changing station when I was on the first floor and then a changing pad if we were on the basement floor. There was one time when I changed my DD on the couch and her butt was facing me and she had an explosive poop that went all over me and the couch. It only happened once, but it does happen.
    Well that escalated quickly... I just snorted from laughter. I'm sorry that happened to you! But thanks for the heads up that explosive, uncovered poops are a possibility.
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • acstec1acstec1 member
    @lph4248 it came out so fast, there was no time to take cover! 
  • I have a changing table/pad attached to our crib. I've had a hard time finding a cover to fit the pad, but now that I've heard/read all of these stories about explosive poops and messy changes, I'm thinking that just using towels/waterproof covers that I can just lay down and remove as needed. 

My MIL even said using an unwanted pillow case would be fine, so I may just do that with some extra protection lol
  • In the newborn days, we had what we called poop fountains. We used the changing table more then. If not there, I would throw a flat cloth diaper or water proof changing mat down under LO. Also a great idea to keep something like that on the changing table. We washed the cover so much early on (LO had dietary/digestive issues, so maybe squirting poop fountains and 20 dirty diapers a day aren't usual).
  • XathXath member
    acstec1 said:
    Yup; this happened with DS2 only it was 4am and I was changing him on my bed on a changing pad.  Fortunately (fortunately???) the poop-splosion was contained to me and a little on the sheets.  

I've known babies that decorate walls 6 feet away.

Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • LM1007LM1007 member
    plumpous said:

Random feeling... I'm just 29 weeks along but my bump looks like how it did when I was full term with DD1. Anyone else growing faster? 
    Same here. I feel like I grew extremely fast with this baby. I literally popped with DS1 at 7m, this time I've had a good bump since about month 3/4. 
  • AdaByronAdaByron member
    edited May 2017
    I'm so glad I never experienced a poop fountain. I had a boy and never even got peed on, so I think I just got lucky. Another thing to add to the shopping list is disposable changing table covers. They're kinda like waxy paper like they put on you at the dentist. They're nice to have in public bathrooms when the cleanliness is questionable, but I also used them at home if there was a diaper blow out and I wanted to be able to just wrap it all up and throw everything away. 
  • lph4248lph4248 member
    What do you all think of using puppy pee pads instead of disposable changing pads? They are much much cheaper (100 for $17 vs 25 for $18 [on sale] on Amazon).
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • lph4248 said:
    What do you all think of using puppy pee pads instead of disposable changing pads? They are much much cheaper (100 for $17 vs 25 for $18 [on sale] on Amazon).
    It would probably work the same, but I don't think I ever used more than 25
  • I understand blow outs happen. As multiple people explain, sometimes babies just poop when you change their diapers. What I cannot comprehend..is getting "shit and pee everywhere" every time you change a dang diaper. I have been changing poop filled diapers for a good 3 years and I don't think I've ever had that problem. Not once. 
  • Ew hahah omg 
  • @BabyBump2 I think you're being a little ridiculous. I've been changing diapers for 5 years now, not counting all the diapers I've changed working as a daycare teacher I the infant and one year old rooms, and I can count the blow outs I've had and they were never while I was in the middle of changing a diaper. I'm saying I've always used a changing table bc if that were to happen I don't want shit and pee everywhere except on said table and pad. Now I think you should go back and read my comment bc I'm pretty sure I know how to change a diaper, you're right it's not that hard, and no where did it come off as "everytime I change a diaper it goes everywhere." 
  • BabyBump2BabyBump2 member
    edited May 2017
    *Removed for TOU Violation*
  • BabyBump2BabyBump2 member
    edited May 2017
    Are you joking? I mean I don't really care what any of you guys do with your changing tables lmao. You do you booboo. One person makes a bitchy comment and it's the end of the world. Yet she makes bitchy comments to people on this board all the time and gets kicked off and gets to come back and everyone loves her.  ;)

ETA: I'm pretty done with the convo because apparently other people's views don't matter except for the lovely group of women who gang up on everyone. So it's fine lol
  • Actually I'm not joking @BabyBump2 . @mrsla512 may have had some uncalled for comments in the past but she hasn't done anything wrong here. You're reaching and I was just letting you know that. Nobody is ganging up on anyone. 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• I have to go RL for a bit. I'll be sure to come back and read all the lovely comments. 
  • Let me point out that I've apologized for things I've said too. 
  • BabyBump2 said:
    Are you joking? I mean I don't really care what any of you guys do with your changing tables lmao. You do you booboo. One person makes a bitchy comment and it's the end of the world. Yet she makes bitchy comments to people on this board all the time and gets kicked off and gets to come back and everyone loves her.  ;)

ETA: I'm pretty done with the convo because apparently other people's views don't matter except for the lovely group of women who gang up on everyone. So it's fine lol.
    Gang up on "everyone" lol.  
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    @plumpous the occobaby has mixed reviews, some reviews say it's Loud and has no suction others say it's the best thing ever ...how do you compare it to the Bulbs?.. 
  • @dcwtada bahahaha.  Dying at "giant belly's advancing...". DYING.
  • @Dcwtada and with the background music! I can totally visualize and hear it.