September 2017 Moms

Stupid Questions 5/1/17

Re: Stupid Questions 5/1/17

• I can see that this Facebook thing I proposed didn't go over well. I'm sorry if I came off as creepy. I jumped the gun.
  • Loading the player...
  • @Ae_Lovely321 I have that exact same belt. I've used it with 2 pregnancies so far and I be using it with this one as well. I noticed when I wore it then took it off that night my back wasn't achy and I didn't seem to have as much RLP either!!
  • labby18 said:

That gif totally creeps me out.

**TW**
    Me & DH: 32
    Married 2013
    Kiddo #1: Sept 2015
    BFP: 1/19, EDD: 9/30

"I'm having fruit salad for dinner. Well, it's mostly just grapes, actually. Ok all grapes. Fermented grapes. Fine, I'm having wine for dinner."
  • labby18labby18 member
    @Lizlann it's from the show Lucifer. He's the devil...soo it should creep ya out a little but he can get people to tell their true desires....
  • I'm getting headaches specifically after breakfast that go away once I eat lunch. Dr isn't concerned. Anyone know if they could be related to blood sugar? I typically have eggs and milk or peanut butter oatmeal and milk for breakfast if that matters. 
  • @Becky012016 maybe it's dehydration after a full nights sleep?  What do you drink in the AM?
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• @cats*in*space its possible. I drink a cup of milk and .5L of water so not that much but also not that little.
  • winerenwineren member
    @labby18 Lucifer is awesome! I watch it on Hulu. :-)
  • JNR6510JNR6510 member
    I'm getting headaches specifically after breakfast that go away once I eat lunch. Dr isn't concerned. Anyone know if they could be related to blood sugar? I typically have eggs and milk or peanut butter oatmeal and milk for breakfast if that matters. 
    I was having headaches like this, and my OB recommended upping my protein intake. 

I do get headaches from low blood sugar issues as well.
  • @Becky012016 I second the upping the protein part! I have heard that helps.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Thank you all! I try more water an de more protein in the AM and see what happens :)
  • I am prone to headaches especially if I don't drink enough water. It's the worst though because drinking more water at night just equals getting up to pee 45 more times during the night. But, none the less I still try to take a couple sips every time I get up. I find when I have a really relentless headache a half of a cup of coffee really helps. I've done it a few times now just bc something makes me feel better about coffee then Tylenol. Not that Tylenol is bad but, ya know. Plus, I love coffee but have given it up for the most part since getting pregnant... I'm repeat pgal so I can be slightly neurotic although I'm loosening up as things but progress. So, it's a bonus that it helps my headaches AND a tastey little treat for me. :) 

• @Sugargirl1019 You are just who I've been needing, lol, I just didn't remember it until I read this.

I've never had any blood sugar issues to even have a frame of reference, but would it being too high or too low either one cause me to feel flushed and light headed? It happened a few times over the weekend, and my blood pressure was perfect. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • JNR6510JNR6510 member
    @Sugargirl1019 You are just who I've been needing, lol, I just didn't remember it until I read this.

I've never had any blood sugar issues to even have a frame of reference, but would it being too high or too low either one cause me to feel flushed and light headed? It happened a few times over the weekend, and my blood pressure was perfect. 
    Being too low can make you feel that way. When my blood sugar is too low, I get headaches, shaky, lightheaded, and sometimes have heart palpitations too.
  • @HollyGoLightly09 Yes what @JNR6510 said! Low blood sugar could possibly make you feel that way. Try drinking a glass of juice next time and see if that helps you feel better!

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • @klcarr19. STM here too. Yes, it feels like everything is happening earlier. I'm showing about a month earlier, felt movement weeks earlier, and my back and hips are already killing me. Hoping the rumors that second babies arrive earlier and faster is also true...
  • Can someone describe lighting crotch to me? Or what it feels like when baby kicks you there? I'm a stm, but have never had this feeling....until now I think.
  • JNR6510JNR6510 member
    edited May 2017
    @lilpoots Have you ever touched one of those joke store electric zapper toys? IMHO it sort of feels like that in the nether regions.

ETA to add my post was in reference to lightning crotch, not baby kicks.
  • I'm so glad everyone is asking the questions I hadn't even thought to! Glad to know the weird pulling feeling I get standing up is probably RLP. Mystery solved Hahahaha 

My stupid question: does the itchy skin ever go away?! My poor stomach is awful no matter how much lotion I use 
  • @klcarr19 looks like I'm making a Target run after work!
  • @Swazzle I would start within the next month. A lot of pediatricians will let you come to the practice and meet them. That way you can set up who will come
    visit the baby for their newborn time in the hospital. 
  • @MrsJessS I did twice a day (three to four times when it was sub zero IL weather) and the tub lasted a long time. I still have some. I also used it after baby just because it was so good for dry itchy skin! I haven't used it this time at all... living in FL now and I think the humidity is helping my skin!
  • @MrsJessS hydration is your friend with itchy skin. You can also try coconut oil after a bath/shower. Aveeno is another great brand for lotion too.
  • @swazzle At my appointment in early April, my MW mentioned that was something I needed to start looking into. Still haven't yet but it's on my list. I had no clue that the pediatrician comes to the hospital after you've had the baby, so before that it was never even on my radar. 
  • @dogdisnylovr really?!? When I had DD our pediatrician didn't come to the hospital... the hospital had its own set of pediatricians. I wish our pediatrician at the time came. The hospital one has the personality of a wet blanket. I hope that ours from here gets to come since I'm delivering at a new hospital! 
  • @Swazzle I had the ped office picked out maybe a few weeks to a month prior to birth.  The actual Dr was assigned when we went in, if we didn't have one we preferred.  Having one a little ahead of time is good bc the first post birth appt is usually only a few days later.  The schedulers will set you up asap when you say you need a newborn follow up, but it helps if they already have the pertinent information ahead of time.
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker