September 2017 Moms
Options

Stupid Questions 5/1/17

It has been awhile since we've had one of these! I think it's an appropriate time since most of us are at, a little past, or creeping up to that halfway point! 

Anyone have any dumb questions they'd like to ask?

Don't be shy!

(I also cannot contain my joy that we can gif again!)

Re: Stupid Questions 5/1/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My question is what does RLP even feel like? 

BH contractions? 

Pretty sure I had neither with DD and don't think I've experienced anything like that thus far. 
  • Options
    jena333-2 said:
    I got this addressed in a Mom group I joined, but I thought I'd post it here.

My question was: will I need to bring my own baby supplies (diapers, etc) to the hospital when I deliver, or will they provide them?? 

Answer: they will provide! And depending on the hospital, you may get a ton of stuff to take home, or just a couple days (you can ask for more details when/if you do a pre-birth walk through/tour). Also to note: take EVERYTHING they bring to your room home. They can't put it back in storage after it's been in a room, so better to take it home than it end up in the garbage. 
    yes. I literally did this and felt kind of bad about it.. but whatever.. they didn't say anything.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ladies with anterior placentas:
    Has anyone else been feeling baby move on the inside for weeks but has yet to catch feeling it from the outside? I'm like, am I just really bad at the timing or is my placenta THAT in the way? Are any of you anterior ladies feeling outside movement?
    There's been a couple times where I thought *maybe* I felt it, but it's like I feel it so much stronger internally that I like can't tell if I also felt it outside. :/
  • Options
    Braxton hicks feel like torture to me. I've been dealing with them so frequently for weeeeks now. Everything gets so insanely tight sometimes I can't even stand up straight for a few minutes. I have a bicornuate uterus (split in half) so I think mine may be more intense perhaps due to it being a smaller area that is constricting against baby... but that's just my own assumption. Who knows how true that is. RLP I don't really have much other then random cramping here and there (and feeling like I've been shot when I sneeze) but luckily *knock on wood* it's not a major issue for me like it seems can be for some ladies. You're lucky if you've had neither... but, there's still plenty of time for both I guess. Dun dun dunnnnn!!

• Options
    Has anyone else been feeling baby move on the inside for weeks but has yet to catch feeling it from the outside? I'm like, am I just really bad at the timing or is my placenta THAT in the way? Are any of you anterior ladies feeling outside movement?
    There's been a couple times where I thought *maybe* I felt it, but it's like I feel it so much stronger internally that I like can't tell if I also felt it outside. :/
    The placenta is about 2lbs and the baby at 20 weeks is still less than a pound. Placenta+abdominal wall+subcutaneous fat+skin is an awful lot for a light weight to kick through. Totally normal to not feel outside kicks yet. 
  • Options
    Rlp, to me, feels like someone is gutting me with a knife. I hate it. It hurts!
    Braxton hicks feel like a tight hug around the waist. Some painful some not.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have an anterior placenta and I can definitely feel the baby on the inside but have a hard time feeling him on the outside as well. Sometimes I think I do but when I put so's hand on my belly and he kicks, SO can't feel it. I think I just feel it so much stronger and convince myself that I can feel it on the outside too. 
  • Options
    My question is what does RLP even feel like? 

BH contractions? 

Pretty sure I had neither with DD and don't think I've experienced anything like that thus far. 
    Not dumb! 
    For me RLP is really sharp stretching near the hip bones. BH aren't painful for me, it's hard to describe but it feels like my normally soft squishy uterus just goes completely hard like a basketball. It's uncomfortable but not painful for me. Some people have painful BH, but if it's hurting in your back as well and you're having more than a few you should call your doc asap 
  • Options
    Answers!

RLP is something I usually feel when standing up, and it's a sharp pain, generally on both side of my uterus.  It goes away in a couple seconds/ pretty quickly.
    BH contractions are interesting, and vary from person to person.  My bff didn't have them until 38w with her first, but felt them from 24+ with her second.  I feel them pretty often, it's a tightening of your uterus.  It can be uncomfortable, but it should never hurt.  With DS, I had them at the end every time I stood up.  They usually go away with water and putting your feet up for a while.
    Anterior Placenta - This is my second AP as well.  DH just felt DS2 last week, but only because he did some sort of super man kick on my stomach.  I just started feeling him more often from the outside, I'm at 21w.  It will come! 
    Breast Pump-  I realize they seem cool now, but I swear it's not as exciting as they seem, haha.  There is the chance of nipple stimulation causing preterm labor, but I don't know when exactly that becomes a major factor.  
    DH being weirded out by baby-  Eh, I wouldn't take it personally.  FWIW, I thought it was weird with my first pregnancy, it doesn't bother me this time around.  Towards the end, baby kicks are so common that you don't notice them as much anymore, anyway.
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @Sugargirl1019 I'm surprised so many moms are receiving their pumps already. My insurance won't let you order one until you're 32 weeks and I'm pretty sure it's so you don't try it out too early. I wouldn't recommend using it on yourself before baby arrives, but having gone into ptl myself, I'm adverse to risks.
  • Options
    My DH is so frustrated by not being able to feel Baby on the outside yet. I have anterior placenta and at 22+4 I'm starting to feel small out side movements. 

BH feel like a tightening all in the belly. Uncomfortable, but not painful and go away fairly easily with lying down or chugging some water. I never had them with my first baby, but I did have them starting at 22-23 weeks with my second baby. 

Hospitals provide so so so much stuff for mom and baby, leave space in your bag to take it all. (All the heart eyes for the witch hazel pads and mesh underwear!) 

I guess you *could* try out your pump but it's gonna hurt like no other without the milk. I wouldn't do it. Plus you want to keep all that colostrum in you for baby to get after they're born. That stuff is gold! 
    <><><><><>DD1- May 2011<><><><><>
    <><><><><>Angel Baby- June 2012<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DD2- March 2013<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DS1- ETA September 2017<><><><><>
  • Options
    SouptinSouptin member
    @lilpoots is right- dont use them gals. Especially when you get closer to your due dates. They can stimulate early labour.
  • Options
    In my June 2016 bump group we started a Facebook group in the 2nd trimester. I was wondering if I missed it or one hadn't been started yet. I used the search feature but coukdnt fibd anything current. When are you guys thinking you want to do that? Just something to start thinking about now that we are in the 2 trimester now!! 
  • Options
    @Ae_Lovely321 I have a purple one that i used last tine and im about to get it iur again. It does really help, but I used it mainly for when I was doing chores around the house. Sitting in it was uncorfortable.
  • Options
    @Ae_Lovely321 I've heard good things about them but never tried one. I may get one if I get as big as I did last time!!
  • Options
    winerenwineren member
    edited May 2017
    @Ae_Lovely321 I just got one this weekend from Amazon. It's been amazing. I have back issues already and it's amazing. I think I have the exact one in the picture. It took a few times before I totally figured out how to wear it. It is definitely more helpful standing but I have worn it at the past couple days where I sit and it's not uncomfortable. It feels supportive and I'm not getting the back twinges I was.
    ... It also makes me look more pregnant in my opinion which isn't a bad thing. Lol

ETA: the one on Amazon was only $18 and with prime there was no shipping. Totally worth it even if I don't wear it all the time. Which I think I will.
  • Options
    That makes sense @wyomama0427 no worries
  • Options
    @Incandescent @wineren do you guys have a link or make brand of your belt?  My friend sent me one she swore by but it's been out of stock for like a month.  

• Options
    SouptinSouptin member
    Exactly what my pal @wyomama0427 said. Sorry @Incandescent but I have no idea who you are so jumping in  wanting to be FB friends is a little too strong for me. You're not comfortable sharing here  with us where we all spent time getting to know each other but you wanna be my FB friend? Sorry, I'll pass.

• Options
    I got mine at a pharmacy/medical supply store here called Norco. It was 50 dollars! We thought insurabce would cover it, but then they didnt. If I would do it over I would find one on amazon for sure. I have seen one at babies r us for 40. It looks the same as mine.
  • Options
    winerenwineren member
    @Ae_Lovely321https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01D3I1D4W/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1&th=1

That's the one I got! They have multiple sizes. Reviews said not to buy big even if you're tempted to... From what I can tell so far that seems to work... There's plenty of growing room.