Babies on the Brain
Options

Weekly Chat ~ May 1

Hi Ladies! I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend:)
Feel free to add to this post through out the week!

What are you looking forward to this week?

What are you dreading? 

GTKY: If you had to live in a tv show or movie which one would you choose and why?

Re: Weekly Chat ~ May 1

• Options
    Sorry I was so MIA this weekend- my MIL was in town and I did want to be caught on TB. 

What are you looking forward to this week? Nothing really - just a regular week. Friday I guess?

What are you dreading? I have 2 papers to write this week. 

GTKY: If you had to live in a tv show or movie which one would you choose and why? Harry Potter because magic :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @UterusesBeforeDuderuses I really need to watch more Parks and Rec

Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @JennyColada which dude would you try to steal from Rory???
  • Options
    @glitzandglitter - hear not wanting to get caught on TB! I sign out of/don't log into so much baby-focused stuff when the in-laws are here. Secret pregnancy Pinterest board, anyone? 

@UterusesBeforeDuderuses - yay for upcoming CD1!!

@kindbytealikat - two more weeks! you got this! 

@dreamscapes_ - boo to tax stuff! hope it's a simple thing. 

What are you looking forward to this week? Can't particularly say anything in particular. Not sure I can even look forward to the weekend. See dead. 

What are you dreading? Work is absolutely insane this week AND next. It's going to be pretty much nonstop, even through the weekend. 

GTKY: If you had to live in a tv show or movie which one would you choose and why? I have to agree with @glitzandglitter - Harry Potter because magic. I want the robes, the spellbooks, and to be an Animagus and turn into a cat. :-D Just not quite all the drama. 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options

And finally, I'd live in: Gilmore Girls! Such a cute town and great food!

• Options
    @UterusesBeforeDuderuses AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHH It's almost go time!! So excited for you!

• Options
    @JNCPro3130 I'm team Logan too!! Most people don't agree with me!! Yay!
  • Options

#TeamLogan

Jess=Dawson    
    Logan=Pacey

• Options
    Logan is smart, cute, funny, adventurous, reliable, and supportive. I see no down side to Logan.
  • Options
    >.>
    <.<

Aside from Harry Potter, I've never seen any of the shows you guys want to live in.

Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Options
    @dreamscapes_, That's FFFC worthy for sure!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @JNCPro3130 I just never watched any of it! A lot of my friends are also really into things like that, and I'm over here with my X-Files and Dark Angel and horror movies and the first five seasons of Supernatural, and I'm like "....what?". I never even watched Friends until I met my husband, and every time I watch it, I find something else problematic (the fat shaming, the rampant homophobia, Ross' general abusive nature...).

• Options
    @ChloandCoco Good luck with the BD, and have fun in Hawaii!
  • Options
    Looking forward to: my day off on Thursday and spending it with my mom.

Dreading: mainly yesterday and today due to little sleep, so the bad parts are over!

GTKY: NCIS!!! Because I'd love to get my hands on Anthony DiNozzo  ;)
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options

@glitzandglitter – I hope your MIL visit went well! Are you in school? What are you studying? AND OMG I would LOVE to live in the world of Harry Potter, but only a post-Voldemort world because that would be really crappy to have to deal with Voldemort.  Maybe if I was like Hannah abbot or something. A neutral hufflepuff that doesn’t get into too much adventure ;)

@ChloeandCoCo HAWAII?! I’m so jealous! I want to go to Hawaii! Maybe someday….

I want to comment more but my boss pulled up :(:(:(:( I'll try to check back in on her lunch break!

Also, this is the member formerly known as denimjeans (in case you didn't see my other post!)
  • Options
    @JNCPro3130 I just never watched any of it! A lot of my friends are also really into things like that, and I'm over here with my X-Files and Dark Angel and horror movies and the first five seasons of Supernatural, and I'm like "....what?". I never even watched Friends until I met my husband, and every time I watch it, I find something else problematic (the fat shaming, the rampant homophobia, Ross' general abusive nature...).

I love the X-Files! I watched it on Netflix a lot until Netflix so rudely removed them from their library.

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options

Ah the 90s. Humor was so different (and so unacceptable) back then.
  • Options
    What are you looking forward to this week? DH and I are having a kid-free day and night this weekend! I'm gonna sleep sooooo goood.

After that I have my niece's skating show

What are you dreading? Work in general? And the traffic and extra long commute.

GTKY: If you had to live in a tv show or movie which one would you choose and why? I think Parks and Rec is a good answer. It's normal enough, but a little fun. But I don't want to be Jerry.
  • Options
    @doglovingweirdo glad you were able to sneak back on for some secret work bumping. :P Congrats on the kid-free day and night. We get a dog free day Sunday (going to brunch, so dropping the pup off at the dog-sitter)!
  • Options
    @CecilB93 Enjoy your day with your mom!

@notthefather I honestly don't even remember how I got started watching it, I just know that it definitely helped create the love of sci-fi that I have! I was working on re-watching it on Netflix and it's just so dated, omg.

@doglovingweirdo Yeah, definitely. If some of those jokes were made on TV today, there would be an uproar. Parts of it are good, but a lot of it just makes me want to smash my head against the wall. Enjoy your kid-free time! I love the new username, btw!

• Options
    (hi all, I'm new here, I just intro'd on the intro thread, but thought I'd also go ahead and jump in here)

@glitzandglitter 100% agree on HP. I went to Universal's HP world a few years ago and it was awesome. 

@dreamscapes_ ugh that sucks about the IRS stuff, it's a hassle to deal with when you thought you were done with taxes. But, on the possible plus side, we had the same thing happen and when we submitted the additional info to the IRS, they adjusted our return and gave us back more than we expected (and, that's the last time we use TurboTax to do our taxes...). 

@doglovingweirdo so jealous! i would love a kid-free morning, just to sleep in. though at this point, i'm not sure if my body would know how to sleep in and probably wake up on its own. we have a kid-free weekend over memorial day, which i'm kind of excited for but also nervous about (because of missing DS). 

What are you looking forward to this week? I should be finding out about a job I interviewed for by the end of the week. Looking forward to knowing one way or the other and then moving forward with next steps either way (DH and I are trying to move to a new city so we're both job hunting). Also looking forward to a weekend at home, we've been out of town the last two weekends.

What are you dreading? Same thing...finding out about a job I interviewed for, mainly dreading not getting it. And also kind of dreading getting it, and then having to figure out DH's job options which will decide whether or not I'm able to take the job.  I guess I'm just dreading decision-making. Also dreading doing a massive clean/organization of my closet on the weekend which I've been putting off. 

GTKY: If you had to live in a tv show or movie which one would you choose and why?
    I feel like when I was a kid this was a much easier question to think about, I would always imagining living in different shows/movies. Now I can't think of any of them except Peter Pan. Between Disney's Peter Pan and Hook, there was something fun and exciting about the Peter Pan world - flying, mermaids, fairies, pirates, food fights (Hook), never having to grow up... 
  • Options
    @happyhiccup WELCOME and fx for your interview!
  • Options
    @happyhiccup I fixed it last night. It wasn't anything wrong with the service we used, it was just that I never received a document I needed, so they couldn't process it. I tried to do it manually and ended up texting a friend of mine a very stupid question and she was like "JUST HAVE YOUR SOFTWARE FIX IT". We're getting a smaller refund, but for some reason, we have to send them the difference? Why can't they just send us the smaller refund and call it even? I'm gonna have DH call and pester them about it.

Good luck on the interview! Decision making can be fun, but is usually stressful, lol.
  • Options
    @doglovingweirdo -FX you can sleep in. I always say that I will but then never can :( It is nice though just to be able to lay in the bed a little bit longer and not have to worry about breakfast or what they are getting into.

@happyhiccup- FX for your job interview! How far is it from where you are currently living?
  • Options
    Looking forward to: the weekend! My mom is coming to town and we are going to Galveston with some of DW's family for my MIL's birthday. Should be fun!

Dreading: movement of any sort. I did something awful to my ribs and am in excruciating pain. Currently on the couch with an ice pack on it :(

TV show: Criminal Minds. I love how smart they are!
  • Options
    @easttexasmomma - :( I hope you feel better soon! I love Criminal Minds too!
  • Options
    @easttxmamas: Feel better, and please take care of yourself! Body troubles are no joke!
  • Options
    @easttxmamas Feel better!!!
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @easttxmamas Feel better! Definitely take it easy, if you can. Rib pain in particular sucks!
  • Options
    @JennyColada @dreamscapes_ @glitzandglitter thank you! sorry I should clarify - iIhad the interview a few weeks ago, but they are wrapping up the interview process this week (interviewing the last candidate) and said they would have feedback/a decision to me by the end of the week. The job would be in texas, and we're currently in DC. Also job hunting in California, some leads there but no interviews yet. 

@easttxmamas feel better! Love criminal minds too, but don't think I can handle that world. It seems like something dangerous always happens to one of the team members at some point in the season, I'm too much of a wuss for that  :p