November 2016 Moms

May Venting/WTF/FFC

Re: May Venting/WTF/FFC

• @Ladybug2821 Oh that sounds awful! That was happening to DD for a few days after the rotavirus vaccine too, but 3 weeks is a little ridiculous. Have you started solids yet? I know bananas and applesauce are supposed to help with diarrhea :-/
  • mrsmoose5 said:
    @Ladybug2821 Oh that sounds awful! That was happening to DD for a few days after the rotavirus vaccine too, but 3 weeks is a little ridiculous. Have you started solids yet? I know bananas and applesauce are supposed to help with diarrhea :-/
    Yes we've been doing bananas, rice cereal, and was told to give her the teething wafers. I've had to take her to the DR twice for it because it has also caused a horrible rash. The nurse said it could last 30 days which is definitely ridiculous. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @Ladybug2821 My LO had diarrhea for 5 weeks (never during MOTN) and we never figured out why. I took her to the doctors multiple times and they started doing allergy tests but everything came back normal and it just stopped one day. 
  • It's 94 degrees in my classroom and my ice packs have melted. I'm pretty sure today's pumps are not going to stay until I get home, which is the next fridge. Ugh.

Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • I feel you @SandNStarsNJ. Last Friday, I was so tired, I left my pumped milk in my bag overnight. I cried the next morning when I realized. At least this is out of your control!
  • @SandNStarsNJ That meme is funny but I'm sorry that it is so hot. I'm surprised they don't close the school. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Your school (building) sounds nuts between rodents and things not working 
  • kvruns said:
    Your school (building) sounds nuts between rodents and things not working 
    You have no idea.
  • My sister started calling LO a nickname that her and her husband like, but I hate it! And she doesn't just say it like a regular name/nickname, she has to say it loud and annoying. I don't want to have to tell her I don't like it, but I don't want her to call him that. And it made me so mad when I accidentally used the nickname today. Uuuuuuggh. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    @desoky01 I feel your pain! dAycare calls him "Benny" and I hate it 
  • I can relate. Daycare calls Alice "Ali". Drives me nuts, especially considering H's ex girlfriend before me was an Ali. But her name was not Alice, I feel like I should clarify that.
  • H says we probably can't do anything about it, since the nickname is one of the few common nicknames for the one we picked. I didn't realize this before, and it's bugging me! Probably more so because she's been bugging me lately, and this is the cherry on top. Sorry, ranting mode. 
  • @desoky01 - If you don't like it, tell her now. Trust me. I speak from experience. ODD's name is Emilia, after my grandmother. FIL called her "Emmie" at the hospital and persisted with the nickname time and time again. DH started to get more aggressive with telling him we didn't like it; everyone caught on except him. So one day I sat him down and explained her name and why "Emmie" wasn't going to work for us unless she was old enough to say, "Hey mom and dad, I like been called Emmie." That's when he stopped. No one has called her anything other than Emilia since. 

Granted daycare called her "Chucky" for a short while and that was just weird. 

FIL has started again with the nicknames with DS. He tries to call him Hank instead of Henry. It's not flying (again) and we're increasing our displeasure with his insistence of the nickname until we break him (again).

Stick to your guns. His name is his name and until he's old enough to say otherwise, you get to call him that. 
  • tvh1982tvh1982 member
    I agree with the above, if you don't like it, please say so.
    It doesn't matter if it's a nickname that'll easily come with the name.
    Once they are older, they can decide for themselves, but now you still may do so.

My niece of 8 asked my sister why she says my LO's name so often when she talks to my LO. 
    My sister replied that my LO doesn't know her name yet, so if we use it often, and applaud when she reacts on it, she'll learn that that is her name.

Maybe you can use the above as an 'excuse' why only your LO's name should be used?

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• kvrunskvruns member
    In laws are here and the guest room is next to LOs so I'm extra on edge with any noises he makes to make sure if he's fussing it doesn't turn into crying. His usual coughing fits hit around 1230 instead of later so I've gotten 2 small stretches of sleep and ended up on the couch. Really wish I hadn't had my paranoia the previous night bc I'm dying for good sleep. At least this is only a couple of nights 
  • I agree that nicknames stick so if it's not something you like for LO have that difficult talk now. 
    My name is Krista, since I was born my dad and his mom called me Krissy and my mom HATED it. They divorced when I was really young and the name stayed with it. I'm pretty sure my dad's friends don't even know my real name. Literally everyone on that side of my family call me Krissy. Though my grandmother insists on spelling it krissie... no matter how many times I correct her, sign my name on cards etc. So sometimes people are just stubborn. 
    My sister is 20 years younger then me her name is Brooklyn and that turned to brookie... needless to say I'm glad Mase-y isn't a thing. 

If you want to shorten your child's name or use a nick name that's your decision to make. We call Mason Mase sometimes. And personally I call him Moo. It's my name for him. 

Though i I will say if you picked a name that can be shortened or has common nick names you can stop it now but as they get older it will happen. My husband is robert and his mom HATED the name rob. Well maybe she shouldn't have chosen the name Robert then. He said when he was in high school and his friends would call and ask for rob she would say "no one lives here by that name" and hang up.
  • I feel so frustrated today. Normally weekends go pretty smoothly and I'm able to get S to take her naps fairly easily and she's been extending them longer. H has her during the week and basically has her on the wake, play, eat, sleep schedule which I mentioned before. I don't like this because now when do I give her solids?  I was BF and then but giving her solids and had her on the eat, play, sleep schedule.  But now she has become so accustomed to eating before taking her naps that she will not take a nap without BF. She doesn't fall asleep eating or nursing but I feel like she is still associating eating with sleep. Now that worries me for when I do sleep training and when she wakes in the MOTN. I need her to be able to go back to sleep on her own with eating.  I know he needs to do what works for him since he's with her during the week day but it's so annoying that it's not how I was doing it.  
  • Good point @kristah2. I guess when we named him Isaac (my husband picked the name but I like it) I didn't think of Ike as a nickname, but that's what she's been calling him. And I don't like it, and I can't tell if it's because she's the one calling him that or because I don't like Ike. If he wants to be called that it's one thing, but right now it's bugging me. I guess I'll just have to tell her about it. I also like @tvh1982's idea. It is true that we've been trying to use his name more to help him recognize it. 
  • @ladybug2821 I know it's hard but try not to stress too much about the future of sleep training. There's only so much we can control, especially when we aren't the only ones in control. And I know it's easier said than done; I have to tell myself that everyday.

If it's any consolation, we operate on the wake-play-eat-sleep schedule and our first baby has slept through the night since she was 7.5 months and still sleeps 12 hours straight a night (almost 3). This LO, while not sleeping through the night (not yet 6 months) just yet, is slowly phasing out his own wakes and is learning to soothe himself to sleep. I hope that gives you some positivity. Perhaps everything will work out. 
  • Remember when we had a MOTN thread?!!! :tired_face:

aThis girl was up at two to nurse. Started squirming again at 4. Gave in and nurse at 445. Now it's 520 and she is squirming BAD. I think it's time to get her out of our bed. We have a king and even though there should bel plenty of room for all three or us, she's always up in my biz :D 

I think it's time to move her out. Or maybe have DH put th crib in our room. Wah :'(
  • kvrunskvruns member
    I've always wondered how people do it when LO is in your bed. Mine flips over and turns in circles. He'd be kicking me for sure all the time if he was in my bed 
  • kvruns said:
    I've always wondered how people do it when LO is in your bed. Mine flips over and turns in circles. He'd be kicking me for sure all the time if he was in my bed 
    Same! We tried once with ODD on vacation. We were kicked and punched so many times that I resorted to the floor and neither one of us slept. 
  • hoosiermama-2hoosiermama-2 member
    edited May 2017
    She's started flipping in her sleep only in the last 2-3? weeks. It's getting to be a bit much... for me at least, because she sleeps super close to me. DH sleeps like a log. :D

edit typo
  • So far V doesn't move around too much in his sleep but we are also working on transitioning to the crib so hopefully by the time he does (if he does) he won't be in our bed anymore. SS2 is 10 and moves a ton when he sleeps. He occasionally has nightmares and comes to wake DH up motn. I send DH upstairs with him so I don't get kicked all night.
  • We never co-slept at all with DS, but this last week he was so sick he actually wanted to sleep in my bed for the first time, so I let him for 2-3 nights. I totally loved the snuggles and there was something very comforting about having him there next to me all night, but omg he was sideways, upside down, kicking me, jabbing me, ramming his head into my ribs ... I was a little thankful to finally get my bed back once he was feeling better!
  • haha, over here she and I sleep in the same positions. I'm terrified I'll roll on her so I sleep on my side facing her and she snuggles close either on her back or her side facing me (I sometimes feed her if I'm too lazy to get a bottle). I notice we will sleep in the same positions for hours. Then when she wakes up she kicks and punches like crazy. 
  • So on vacation with my in-laws, we all want out for afternoon tea at a very expensive hotel in BC. My SIL was so pissed about going. I have no idea why except that  our MIL wanted to do not so of course SIL had to object and make everyone aware of her displeasure. It's a mutual dislike we all have for SIL and she has for all of us. So when we were ordering our tea, she orders a $38 glass, not the bottle, just for a glass of champagne. She made her husband and our FIL both visibility annoyed. I laughed quietly because she pulls that stuff all time. 
  • tvh1982tvh1982 member
    My LO doesn't move if she's in her sleepingbag and she's still in between sidesleepers. So having her next to me is lovely.
    She search for me with her little hands.
    And when awake she talks and talks.
    If not wearing her sleepingbag she's impossible to sleep next too
    She only occasionally sleeps next to me.. it's if she has to process her day, or just doesn't want her own crib, or if I missed her and want her close.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Warning : contains a couple curse words. 

H is seriously ticking me off. 
    We have been trying to install baby gates and he's being such an ass. 
    Hea BRUTAL with understating directions so I'm there trying to figure everything out. He's literally just standing there. I am trying to lift this heavy metal gate to see how long it has to be and he's barely helping. We both agree it has to go above he moulding and he doesn't lift it high enough so I try to lift it and my nail (which isn't long I might add) touches his finger and he flips out saying I stabbed him with me nail. I tell him to leave t all alone and I'll figure it out tomorrow.. his response "why, because you're annoyed you can't figure it out?" In a very demeaning tone. I said "no because you're standing there being useless". He then walked away, into M's room and called me a "stupid bitch". 
    1. I hate being called names. I think it's super rude. 
    2. I'm trying to get him (and I) to stop swearing in front of M so his first word isn't a bad one. 
    3. If he is going to call me names I do not want it happening in front of our children. 

He then came into the bedroom and told me I need to vacuum because I chose a $300 one (it was $100. And he broke it last time he used it. And it's in a storage room I can't get to because he keep putting off bringing back the recyclables and buying a shed to put stuff in - but I don't dare bring any of that up). And told me IM useless because I'm home all day and I don't do half the stuff he wants me to do..

igh. I'm so beyond annoyed. 
  • @kristah2 I'm sorry your going through that. That would definitely piss me off.  Before I went back to work and H was home during the weekday with S, he would get on me about things not being done. I told him, just you wait, you'll see what it's like soon enough. He has eaten those words. And of course I said told ya so. Does your H ever have to take care of M by himself?  Maybe he needs a turn to see what it's really like and see how many other things he can accomplish. 
  • @kristah2 - I would be so pissed. I'm sorry you're dealing with that!

Semi-related, I saw this today and it rings true for a lot of parents, I think: https://english.emmaclit.com/2017/05/20/you-shouldve-asked/
  • That's insane @kristah2! He was WAY out of line... vent away. 

That was eerily on point @lajoliedreamer. Thanks for sharing. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    That is out of line @kristah2 im sorry he's treating you like crap. Do you think it was caused by anything (like bad day at work - not that it excuses it at all)?
  • kvrunskvruns member
    B has goopy eyes tonight. I have this feeling he will end up being sent home tomorrow for suspected pink eye again and require a Dr visit. His 6 month appt is Thurs so I do not want to have to pay for another Dr visit nor miss work all because he has the worlds longest cold. 
  • @kristah2 stay home all day and don't do what he wants you to do?! I would flip. It's hard staying home! You don't have time to cross things off your list. So sorry girl, how annoying. I would be mad about the name calling too!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • m6aguam6agua member
    @kristah2 I'm sorry, that sucks!

@lajoliedreamer Good read! I think it is very accurate. However I do have to say, since LO was born, H has been pulling more weight. Although he still doesn't do enough. Next week I am taking the whole week off, I am having a rummage sale Friday and Saturday. But I decided to take the whole week, because I need to get a ton of stuff done around the house that is just your regular day to day stuff. I'm using PTO for housework, this is my life now.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• kvrunskvruns member
    that is an interesting article @lajoliedreamer I definitely think the mental load is real and so much more evident now that LO is here. My H will do some stuff, even without asking, although it is always halfway - so he will do LO laundry (usually at my asking, though sometimes not), fold it but not put it away because he'll say he doesn't know where it goes. Or if I ask him to get XYZ I have to be like, third drawer down, left side, halfway down or he'll never figure it out. So by that point it is just easier to grab it myself. 
  • ZoeFerZoeFer member
    @lajoliedreamer this is so true! It was the case before the baby was born and now the baby is added to my mental load. I hate when he tells me to ask him if I need help. Helping me means that I am the responsible person and he can help me. And we both realized that I `thank` him when he does things for baby. Then he says that she is her daughter as well and I should not thank him but if he is `helping` me than it makes sense to thank him right ?