August 2017 Moms
Options

FFFC 4/28

2»

Re: FFFC 4/28

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ^^^I can't say that I necessarily disagree with @DeansGirl14 (although I don't personally understand her or her husband's thoughts on it) it is a personal decision and not my labor to judge. 

BUT...@bumpybump and @Nxy those memes made me LOL! So so funny!
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone for the reassurance about how hospitals handle the rooming in policy.  I think it's the unknown that stresses me out and I just hope to not be stuck with an unsympathetic nurse one night who gives me a hard time about wanting to rest/recover for a bit.  I plan to ask my doctor about the policy since I think she has also delivered there since the new policy went into effect.  We'll also be doing a sibling class at the hospital so I can get more details then too.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The only thing DH got a free pass on was things having to do with needles.  I didn't mind him needing to walk out of the room during the multiple attempts to start an IV with my induction with DS1 and my mom held my hand for the epidural.  He would've done so if he had to, but I knew my mom would handle it better.  I'd rather have him present for the rest of it than feeling like he's going to pass out.  He doesn't have an issue with anything else related to blood, surgery or labor except needles.  

He did have to man up when I went into labor on my own with DS2.  My labor progressed pretty quickly and my parents, who live 2 hours away, didn't get there before I got an epidural.  He had to hold my hand for that epidural. 

I can't imagine either of us wanting him to miss the birth.  I ended up needing c-sections and he has seen more of me during those surgeries than I ever will.  It certainly hasn't scarred him.  He was also the one who told me the sex when our sons were born.  Those moments were so special and I wouldn't trade them for anything. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Leni410Leni410 member
    My best friends husband spent her entire labor roaming the hospital with his friends, getting lunch and then when they had to do an emergency c-section he refused to go in so her mom was the one by her side. I'll never look at him the same after that. 
  • Options
    @Leni410 WHOOOOA!!! To me, THAT is a huge red flag about they type of person he is. That's so unacceptable! 

My mom and mother-in-law had to nearly force MH to take nap while I was in labor. He was right by my side. My water broke at 12am, after both of us had worked all day, and my son wasn't born until 6:29pm...18 1/2 hours after my water broke. So we had both been awake for basically 34 hours. After I got the epidural I was OUT and so they made him nap, too. 

I cant imagine him using that as a time to hang with friends. He would never even consider that!
  • Options
    DH used to joke about not being in the room, but he would never actually stay out. When we found out I was having a c section he didn't hesitate to be with me. The look on his face when I told him he'd have to go to the nursery with the baby while they stitched me up was priceless. 
  • Options
    My DH made me double check with the OB at my last appointment that he would be able to be with me during all of LD and especially if I need a c section.  He is probably going to need to be told to take a nap, if I nap, and that its okay if he goes out of the room to get food.  He is so excited for this whole process.  
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Options
    Yeah DH is not going to be out having lunch with friends or any of that. After our hospital tour yesterday, where we were told that 4 guests including one 24-hour guest could be with me during labor, he specifically said he wants this to be between me and him and no other guests in the room. He'll be there, but he is scared of everything that can go wrong. I do think the birth class will help us both. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah DH is not going to be out having lunch with friends or any of that. After our hospital tour yesterday, where we were told that 4 guests including one 24-hour guest could be with me during labor, he specifically said he wants this to be between me and him and no other guests in the room. He'll be there, but he is scared of everything that can go wrong. I do think the birth class will help us both. 
    This makes me really happy -- not that it matters. The class should definitely help. Just remind him that while knowing what can happen helps, that being as go with the flow as possible the day of birth makes it all sooo much easier!
  • Options
    @DeansGirl14 I think the class will be super beneficial. He really won't want to miss the birth of his child. MH was nervous, too, and that's perfectly understandable...but the moment they see their babies and they truly become a Daddy? So priceless.