July 2017 Moms
Options

Thursday Ticker Change - 4/27/17

Hey Thursday Ladies... Its been a while so let's hear how everyone's doing.

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

Upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: What country/ part of the US do you live in? What do you like best about it?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Thursday Ticker Change - 4/27/17

• Options
    How far along are you? 28 weeks.  Hello third trimester.

How big is baby?
    Eggplant

Regular OB check up, growth scan, blood work and GD test. I feel like they scheduled my GD test way late...

Sooooooooo very tired. And feeling huge.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Nope.

GTKY: What country/ part of the US do you live in? What do you like best about it?
    I live outside of Philadelphia and I love the change of seasons.  Today is super nice out, high 70s and sunny.  I enjoy having a warm summer and a cold winter. I also love the food here. BEST place for pizza and sandwiches.  And great bread in the North East!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    29 weeks!

How big is baby?
    Acorn squash or Barbie convertible.

Tomorrow for the 3 hour glucose test since I failed the 1 hour.

Not really.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Not today

I live full time in the Dominican Republic but came to NJ to visit my parents for Christmas and was advised by doctors (Ob and MFM) not to travel back so I say I'm stuck here until baby is born. I like both places for very different reasons, I love the island life and the eternal sunshine but I also love the season changes here and I love being close to New York City, one of my favorites places in the world. 
    I'm 29, husband is 30
    Together since 2006
    Married 01.17.15  <3

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    27 weeks

How big is baby?

Head of lettuce 

Yesterday was a routine checkup and we scheduled the follow up scan for the placenta previa for three weeks from now. Fingers crossed!

Much more movement and general uncomfortable-ness. Also, maybe the occasional contraction? Nothing too severe or predictable, just a rare moment every couple of days.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I love my husband. I don't think we say/brag about that enough, but he is seriously wonderful. I don't know what I would do without him.

Missouri, right in the middle. I grew up in MO, and I hated it. I dreamed my whole life of getting out. Then I moved in with my now husband and his father in their lake house and have experienced a whole new side of things. I know it sounds shallow, but having a giant house, boat, and private cove on the lake makes things way more tolerable. Even the winters aren't so bad. Also, most of my family is spread out across the country, but his family still lives in St. Louis, so we have a really good support network pretty close by. 
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    29 weeks (hi due date buddy @fiorip )

How big is baby?

Butternut squash

Nope, nothing until 5/8. 

I also have felt more movement in the last few days and I'm thankful for it! My anterior placenta means it's not uncomfortable, just reassuring. Other than that, I had a few of what I assume were Braxton Hicks last week, two days in a row. I've upped my water intake and that seemed to help. They were more uncomfortable than I had imagined (I never had them with my first). 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Great rave, @NutellaToast! I love my husband too. I am so thankful for his love and that he is my partner for all of this. 

I live in Northern CA, about an hour north of San Francisco. I love the landscapes here (we have vineyards, mountains, dramatic coastline, quite a variety in my county) and the weather. And after spending 11 years on the East Coast for college/work I have learned to truly appreciate the lack of humidity :) But the main reason we live here is because both of our families do, which is the best part. (I could do without the obscene cost of living). 
  • Options
    Oh the humidity! @mamadcb - that is an excellent point! I do hate the humidity. 
    @NutellaToast - That lake house sounds incredible.
    @fiorip - Hope you made it through the NJ winter without too much trouble. I'm sure its quite different than the DR.

I love hearing about other parts of the country and other countries.  It always sounds so wonderful... the grass is always greener right?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    jkbrownsteinjkbrownstein member
    edited April 2017
    Better late than never

How far along are you? 27 weeks!

How big is baby? 
    Lettuce, bowling pin

Derm appt this weekend so they can continue to make no progress on my disaster skin, finally have my GD scheduled but it's not until next week. 

Definitely more back pain but adjustments from my chiropractor father has been life saving

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    I'm struggling through my registry. I'm trying to go simple since I have a tiny apartment but I know I need multiples of many items to make sure I'm not constantly doing laundry. I'm also putting no clothing on there because I know people buy it anyway and I don't want to end up with an obscene amount. 

I'm in southern NY and I couldn't imagine being anywhere else. I know this has been mentioned but I love having seasons and such a diverse selection of food to pick from. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 27 weeks

How big is baby?
    No idea, I'll have to look

Nope not until the 5th

I finally don't feel like death and have lots of energy to hang out with my two kids.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Not at the moment

I live in Northwestern New Mexico. I love it because we get all of the seasons. We also live within driving distance of a ton of different landscapes that are fun to explore, we have lakes, rivers, and mountains, but we also have desert areas with awesome views. And our sunsets are pretty much the tits. I also love the town we are in. It is a small one stoplight town where everyone knows everyone but the next town over is close enough (5 minutes) and big enough with lots of restaurants and shopping that I don't feel like we live out in the sticks.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017