UO Thursday 4/27

2»

Re: UO Thursday 4/27

• Options
    Wearmi1 said:
    Costco cake is legit!  
    Yes!!! Best cake out there!
  • Options
    @meilay Yes! That's exactly it! I try to avoid it, but it is usually the best way to avoid an overly complex sentence structure and still include the random aside or background information. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I make mistakes all the time because of autocorrect, but they are generally completely different words, like ready instead of really and ask instead of allToday I referred to breastmilk as buttermilk and had to go back and edit it. One thing I do when writing on here is use parentheses way too much. I just can't help myself, and I have no idea why.
    On my lunch breaks, I used to text my husband "How's your day?" And every single time autocorrect changed it to "Who's your daddy?" I'm not the most meticulous individual, so, yeah. DH gets a lot of weird texts from me.
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17
  • Options
    shmarpler said:
    I make mistakes all the time because of autocorrect, but they are generally completely different words, like ready instead of really and ask instead of allToday I referred to breastmilk as buttermilk and had to go back and edit it. One thing I do when writing on here is use parentheses way too much. I just can't help myself, and I have no idea why.
    On my lunch breaks, I used to text my husband "How's your day?" And every single time autocorrect changed it to "Who's your daddy?" I'm not the most meticulous individual, so, yeah. DH gets a lot of weird texts from me.
    This is long enough ago that it was a t9 mistake, not autocorrect, but in college I once texted my brother's roommate who volunteered with the same evening tutoring program I did and said, "Are you shaking me up tonight?" instead of "Are you picking me up tonight?" Weird innuendo.
  • Options
    My mom uses voice to text all the time and I get some pretty weird messages from her. Nothing quite tops the time she texted my older brother to "F off" by mistake. 
  • Options
    @ladylolly89 my mom uses talk to text and it is the best. She has a very heavy accent and the phone is not kind. Great source of entertainment for us. 
    Yes!!! +1 for this!  Endless source of entertainment when some of my family members with heavier accents use talk to text.  To quote Forrest Gump "you never know what you're gunna get"
  • Options
    I'm totally guilty of being too lazy to correct my mistakes on mobile.  My phone also corrects things and adds in or duplicates words.  I'm probably drive some of you nuts! 

My great aunt makes the best chocolate sheet cake with homemade icing all from scratch.  I won't eat any other kind of chocolate cake. 

Im weird and like angel food cake with icing!! 
  • Options
    The mobile app for TB blow so I access the website via my iPad. The RIDICULOUS auto corrects on here drive me bonkers! I'm a total type A personality when it comes to getting my point across on here. I don't care about "you're" grammar on here, only my own.

As for the cake icing debate: most icings can go kick rocks. I do appreciate a good cream cheese frosting though or a German chocolate cake. The buttercream AND whipped cream frostings get left on my plate. So don't you dare give me that corner piece of cake! 

• Options
    XathXath member
    edited April 2017
    This is a rough thread to read for someone with GD.  I want all of the cake now...

*mental note to add cake to the list of things H should bring after the baby is born...
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I have a good UO for once! 

I don't like cake, give me all the pie!! 

*Flame away*

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • Options
    @Xath, I'm with you. All of this food talk is killing me. It's so not my reality right now. On the other hand, I'm glad most people don't have to deal with this! 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • Options
    I make mistakes all the time because of autocorrect, but they are generally completely different words, like ready instead of really and ask instead of all. Today I referred to breastmilk as buttermilk and had to go back and edit it. One thing I do when writing on here is use parentheses way too much. I just can't help myself, and I have no idea why.
    The worst time that ever happened to me was years ago I was texting my boyfriend of the time about a friend of ours who was being super whiny, and who also was not shy about having a thing for me. 
    My phone changed my intended "I'm done babying him" to "I'm done banging him" ! Thankfully I noticed before hitting send, but when I told my BF about it he thought it was hilarious. 

And count me in as a mobile user who goes back and fixes any of the mistakes that I notice, as well as overusing commas and parentheses. 
  • Options
    lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    edited April 2017
    I have a good UO for once! 

I don't like cake, give me all the pie!! 

*Flame away*
    My H would agree with you. It makes it difficult because I don't like pie, except ones with graham cracker crust. So I'm stuck almost always making cheesecake because that's one of the few desserts we both like. 
  • Options
    @awoodruff27

Not to one up you.... But I don't like sweets at all!  Isn't that weird?!?!?!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Cake is from heaven.  Buttercream is the only frosting that should be allowed.  Also, we say 'frosting' in my neck of the woods instead of 'icing'.
    My UO is a little late but I really don't get the mobile internet thing.  I still use a good old PC for all of my internets.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • Options
    To me, frosting and icing are two completely different things. Frosting is thick and fluffy and icing is harder and thin. 
  • Options
    EmeraldNC said:
    @awoodruff27

Not to one up you.... But I don't like sweets at all!  Isn't that weird?!?!?!
    Geez your such a one upper. Couldn't let me have one?? Just kidding. I'm not huge into sweets. I do like them, but I couldn't eat something super sweet every day. 

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • Options
    HgPaHgPa member
    Grocery store icing is garbage, as is almost everything that comes in a can or tub. I think some people who don't like icing/frosting haven't had real frosting.

I like the taste and texture of fondant. I see people complain about it all the time in the comments sections of recipes. Marshmallow fondant or marzipan are tastier, but I don't think there's anything wrong with the regular stuff.

I also don't mind royal icing, which some people hate the taste/texture of too. If I had all the time and was better at decorating cakes, I'd put it on everything and make super fancy lattices and stuff.

TL;DR My UO is that I'm a snotty b*tch about baked goods.
  • Options
    kdanjou said:
    Cake is from heaven.  Buttercream is the only frosting that should be allowed.  Also, we say 'frosting' in my neck of the woods instead of 'icing'.
    My UO is a little late but I really don't get the mobile internet thing.  I still use a good old PC for all of my internets.
    We don't have a computer. It's kind of annoying, but we're cheap and because you can do almost everything from an iPad or phone that every time we starting thinking about buying one we just can't justify it. We will be forced to buy one when dd starts leagally homeschooling though, so now we're just waiting until then. 
  • Options
    I have to admit it's just easier for us to use PCs because my DH builds them from scratch for us and he is awesome at it.  He even made us one for our "tv" since we only use online media now.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz