October 2017 Moms

FTM 4/26

Hello first time mommies! Please check in here! Share what you wish smile

How far along are you?

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in?

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? 

Rants/raves? 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? 

GTKY: What is your favorite children's book or bedtime story?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: FTM 4/26

• Loading the player...
  • @ChocolateIsLife I love Peter and the Wolf too. I didn't realize there was a hidden political agenda... I've always known it as a way to teach the different instruments to kids.

How far along are you? 16w+1d
    Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? My pants are almost impossible to button at this point.
    Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? I had an OB checkup on Monday. It went well... we heard the heartbeat and she calmed some of my anxieties about a couple of things.
    Rants/raves? I'm just tired of this school year. Is it summer yet?
    Questions for FTM, or STM+? None at the moment.
    GTKY: What is your favorite children's book or bedtime story? The Giving Tree. It gets me every time.
  • @soprano19 You know I've been looking that up since I posted that, and can't find much on the "political agenda" that I was told in high school. I remember my Conductor in Orchestra making a huge deal about it. I now wonder what he was referring to. I love the Giving Tree as well!
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @soprano19 So basically the moral of the story is to critically think for yourself and not rely on your elders to establish your beliefs. I basically did the opposite of that when I believed at face value what my teacher told me...oh the irony. :D

https://www.pbs.org/wnet/gperf/peter-the-wolf-essay-prokofievs-peter-the-wolf/27/
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Good morning First Time Mommies <3

How far along are you? 
    15w+3

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Well, my headaches have been coming and going. I've also noticed some actual nip changes on the left side (think colostrum?!) But its really inconsistent so who the heck knows! 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Yes! I had an appointment on Monday. It was my first "check up" style appointment. They checked LO's heart rate and my weight, BP, and talked about how I was feeling. I felt rushed (which is abnormal for my OB) but happy to see everything looks great!

Rants/raves? Raves: Starting to feel better! I'm happy about that :)

Questions for FTM, or STM+? None ATM

GTKY: What is your favorite children's book or bedtime story? Aw, no one really read me a bed time story... But my favorite childrens book was "The Stinky Cheeseman" ;)

@feeislove I avoid TB whenever I am on mobile. It's just a PITA. Good luck today :)
    @soprano19 Summer's so close I can almost feel it!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Good morning ladies!

How far along are you? 14w+3

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? I had indigestion for the first time last night. I've never ever had indigestion or heart burn before, so I didn't even know what it was. Luckily when I described it, DH knew exactly what was going on and got me some Mylanta :)

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? I had my monthly check-up appointment this morning. The doctor said aside from my nausea, I'm having a "perfect pregnancy." Maybe he tells everyone that, but it made me really happy :) I got to hear the baby's heart rate, and the anatomy ultraound is scheduled for May 19th. Can't wait to find out the sex!

Rants/raves? Still waiting for this magical second trimester to kick in.

Questions for FTM, or STM+? None right now

GTKY: What is your favorite children's book or bedtime story? Ohhh there are so many, and you all named some really good ones. Love You Forever brings back some great memories.
  • How far along are you? 17 weeks 

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in?  This is my first time posting in this thread (just hadn't had a lot of time for a while to post in TB).  Headaches are still there, but I've recently been noticing some slight cramping/round ligament pain.  I'm also not as itchy as I was a few weeks ago!

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go?  Last appointment was a couple of weeks ago and everything was fine.  My OB determined that I will need to have a C-section due to my having a myomectomy in 2014.  The risks were too high to try vaginally.  I have an appointment next Tuesday!  

Rants/raves?  Rants:  Starting to get tired quicker than before.  Also pregnancy brain is rearing it's ugly head.  Raves:  I enjoy food a lot.  Almost too much.  

Questions for FTM, or STM+? Not really?  Everyone's journey is different.  I've been enjoying reading the threads and finding answers on this site.  

GTKY: What is your favorite children's book or bedtime story?  Oh man, it's been a while since I've read a children's book.  I think I'll fall back on the Ugly Duckling...I remember that being one of the first books that I was able to read on my own, plus I loved it as a kid.  
    June 2017 Siggy Challenge:  "You had one job to do!"

BabyFruit Ticker
  • +27482819583 to mobile bump being a PITA. 

How far along are you?

18+1 / Sept 26
    I popped late last week so that's been fun lol. 
    More energy and gas. 
    None
    Rants/raves? 
    Finally cleaned the downstairs with DH this weekend and it's been so nice to walk into a tidy house. 
    None that I can't think of right now. I've been lurking a lot lately with my work and mobile bump situation so a lot of questions I didn't realize I had have been answered. 
    i think HP counts as young adult.. but I can't think of any children's books. 
    Maybe the Wumps or Giving Tree
    **April Siggy Challenge**Baby Animals**

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 13 weeks tomorrow. :)

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Starting to feel a lot better overall. Nausea down, energy up. Peeing a lot more than usual though!

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Nope. Had our Panorama drawn last week, so am just waiting for the phone to ring any minute now. Fingers crossed!

Rants/raves? Maybe it's just in my head, but just maybe I'm starting to bump. I can definitely feel firmness under my, um, insulation.  :D

Questions for FTM, or STM+? None today. 

GTKY: What is your favorite children's book or bedtime story? How far along are you?

Rants/raves? 

GTKY: What is your favorite children's book or bedtime story? I always adored The Balloon Tree by Phoebe Gilman because of the illustrations. 
  • kristen.rosebud That might just be my favorite rant right now. It's so true - we do deserve a break from the pressure!
  • @kristen.rosebud @keiraanne do you guys mean TB main page? I have a bookmark straight to this board so I haven't noticed. Variety is always beautiful!
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 17 weeks + 2 days

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? I have been exhausted this week! Could be due to the cloudy rainy weather we have had for the past 3-4 days.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? I have a check up tomorrow morning! No u/s at this one.

Rants/raves? Not really a rant, but I'm having a hard time forcing myself to drink water (anything really). I've never drank a lot/ the normal amount! (LOL) A 16oz bottle of water would last me all day...I'm just not thirsty. Now, I have to keep reminding myself to drink more often throughout the day. I am now drinking a bottle and a half to 2 bottles a day, but it's so hard!

Questions for FTM, or STM+? None at the moment.

GTKY: What is your favorite children's book or bedtime story?  My favorite children's book would be Rainbow Fish or The Giving Tree. They are tied!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @soprano19 So basically the moral of the story is to critically think for yourself and not rely on your elders to establish your beliefs. I basically did the opposite of that when I believed at face value what my teacher told me...oh the irony. :D

https://www.pbs.org/wnet/gperf/peter-the-wolf-essay-prokofievs-peter-the-wolf/27/
    Hahaha, love it! I never realized it had any moral whatsoever other than "this is what the bassoon sounds like," lol.
  • How far along are you? 16 weeks 4 days

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Sore boobs are back. I purchased a sleeping bra this week. The pain was waking me up in the middle of the night from rolling over. Gravity is not really my friend right now

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Yes I had my 4 week follow up last Wednesday. I'm up 15lbs already (oy) and today I had my early anatomy scan. Stubborn little girl was camera shy, but all looks great!

Rants/raves? Not too thrilled about my weight gain. Gotta be better.

Questions for FTM, or STM+?  Any Arbonne users out there? Just wondering if you're still using your products during pregnancy? 

\

• @emwj10187 I'm still using my Arbonne. The only things I've given up are the fizz sticks and the tea. 
  • @emwj10187 I hope your new bra helps with the pain!
    @nhoover88 i'm having the same issue with water. My OB suggested a few things to make it more appealing. She said I can try adding a lemon wedge to the water or drinking half water half gatorade. The goal is 64oz for me and I'm literally at 16oz right now. P.S. Rainbow fish was AWESOME
    @PizzaMonster3 I keep thinking the number you posted is your phone number, lawlz
    @kristen.rosebud  - I feel you with the photos. I've had the same issue lately. I find it so disappointing that my body is not the "ideal" pregnancy body. I'm now considered overweight (new thing for me), have lots of new stretchmarks, and dry skin now... no one highlights that in their instagram highlight reels! bah.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • How far along are you?
    15W5D
    Slightly less nausea, slightly more heartburn
    Yes I went on Mon to do quad screening. Got worried cuz doc had a hard time finding heartbeat. It was maybe 5min but felt like an hour
    Rants/raves? 
    My bump is super bumping and I think it looks cuter!
    I'm starting to feel like I can feel my nipples without touching them. Should I wear those nipple pads in my bra?
    I always loved Green Eggs and Ham
    Me: 28 | Him: 31
    Married: 11/12/16
    BFP: 02/09/17
    FTM | EDD: 10/13/17

Pregnancy Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • How far along are you?
    15 weeks tomorrow!
    Nausea is gone but zero appetite. Nothing is appealing. But honestly I'm just glad I'm past wanting to throw up at the thought of food, so yay!
    Nope, one more week.
    Rants/raves? 
    Shout out to my SO putting up with my hormones. I'm already a pretty sarcastic person but now I'm so snarky- I don't know how he handles it sometimes.
    Not at the moment...I always think of them after I posted, ha.
    Dr. Seuss books, literally any of them. They will always be my favorite.
  • How far along are you?
    17+1
    I have some more energy and my appetite is up. Starting to feel human again. Getting a bit of a belly, but it looks more lumpy than bumpy. I can't wait until it's cute and round. 
    Last week. Spent more time in the waiting room than with the dr. Everything is fine with baby, but DH was pouty about having to be there. I thought he would be excited to see the kiddo and hear the heartbeat (he missed the last appt where I heard it), but he says it looks the same every time. 
    Rants/raves? 
    DH's farting. He knows it makes me nauseous but he still does it in front of me anyway. And then when I complain he laughs and says I'm overreacting or imagining things or I need to get over it. Why can't he just leave the room to do that? It's so freaking inconsiderate! I'm hating on DH for a lot these days, but the farting is at the top of my list.
    This is a really dumb one... if it's just you home with the baby, do you have to take her with to walk the dog? My dog is really quick and we just go out for a minute or two. It seems like a hassle to pack the baby up for that, and I think I would struggle to pick up the poop while wearing the baby. But it also worries me to leave the baby home alone for even just a few minutes. 
    I was a big fan of the Berenstain Bears as a kid. So many great life lessons. 
  • @roo_baby I loved Berenstain Bears! Thanks for the reminder!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • How far along are you?
    17 weeks today!
    Starting to feel more pressure - hopefully things are stretching and I get a legit bump soon (which I'm sure I'll regret once clothes dont fit)
    Had the 16 week anatomy scan and baby looks great. We have the sex of the baby in an envelope waiting to open with our parents on mother's day. The dr said I had partial placenta previa which he said would be "bizarre" if it didn't fix itself - going to try to not let it freak me out. 
    Rants/raves? 
    I hate when the ultrasound tech gives us a straight face the entire time and says - just wait to talk to a dr about the results. The wait feels forever when I'm thinking of all possible terrible outcomes. 
    Not right now
    I loved Goodnight Moon. 
  • @nhoover88 you're welcome!

BTW, I've also been struggling to drink enough water. I have an easier time with sparkling and flavored waters, but I'm still probably not drinking as much as I should. 
  • How far along are you? 15 weeks today!

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Still tired but no more sickly feeling! And I'm still sneezing at least 10 times a day.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? I had a 14 week appointment which consisted of waiting over an hour to hear the heartbeat for about 15 seconds. Worth it though!

Rants/raves? 6 weeks of school left and I'm so ready for summer break! (Even though I'll be doing summer school but that's different.) 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? Nope

GTKY: What is your favorite children's book or bedtime story? I have a lot of series near and dear to me, most of all the Little House series.
  • @VLillyV same here with the nips!

@nhoover88 I also suck at drinking enough water :( it sounds like a lot of us have that problem! 

How far along are you?: 15+5

Any new symptoms or changes since last checkin?: just looking more bumpish, which is awesome! Dh loves it :) 

No appointments since last checkin...next one not until May 8th.

Rants/Raves: I made yummy banana bread today which I'm stoked about!

Questions?: Anybody else feel like you still have to do EVERYTHING and even though there's plenty of time, you know time flies and are worried that you won't have everything planned out?? That was more of a hypothetical/rant :lol:

GTKY: favorite children's book-definitely dr Seuss!! 

Me.30 DH.31 
    Est.8.2006
    BFP 8/28/15 mmc @ 11 weeks (d&c)
    BFP 9/28/16 mmc @ 8 weeks (d&c) - trisomy 5
    BFP 2/3/17...edd 10/13/17 <3

• How far along are you? 15w2d yay :)

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Loads! I'm running out of room inside so I can't eat full meals anymore - too much pain and gas and nausea.  My boobs have expanded AGAIN and my tiny little nubs are now proudly encased in an ENORMOUS shiny new D-cup bra haha. No bump yet but I've put on more weight than ever before and I've never been so squidgy :( Oh and I hiccup about once every half hour. 

Any appointments? Nope.

Rants/raves?  I do have a bump every morning when I wake up lying on my back with a full bladder but WHY does it have to totally disappear when I stand up??

Questions for FTM, or STM+? What does it feel like inside/around the bump when you have a bump? I have a weird uncomfortable feeling sort of like a full bladder if I lie on or squash my lower tummy and I was wondering if you're supposed to feel like that all the time? Or maybe I'm getting a UTI...

GTKY: What is your favorite children's book or bedtime story? Just finished reading Swallows & Amazons to my stepsons (8 and 10) and they are so excited about having their own real adventures now.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lizgirlie I've recently had to stop putting my laptop on by belly to work because it causes uncomfortable pressure. And it's even worse if I lie on my belly. Is that what you're feeling? I'm assuming it's cause things are getting crowded in there. I also don't have much of a bump yet, but it's a lot bigger at night than in the morning for me. 
  • @roo-baby yes I guess you could call it uncomfortable pressure. It's not painful but almost. Also if I drive over a pothole I feel it. If i rest my hand on my morning bump, it's totally fine one one side and almost unbearable on the left. I hope we're both normal!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lizgirlie I feel the pressure too. Some times it's very low and sometimes it more to one side or the other. It makes me feel full...not hungry full, but my insides are full. Hard to explain! I assume it's where the baby is laying or pushing against at the time.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • ariz17ariz17 member
    How far along are you? 17 Weeks today!

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? My back is hurting so bad! Is this normal? I also I've been kinda nauseous, which is stand since i'm in the second trimester..

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? I had one last Tuesday. Everything looks good! May 16th we find out the sex! 

Rants/raves? Pregnancy brain, DH not understanding that i'm going through a lot.

Questions for FTM, or STM+? I've heard that these belly belts can help back pain? If so, are their any recommendations? I'm only 17 weeks and i'm sure it will only get worse!

GTKY: What is your favorite children's book or bedtime story? There were so many! First one that popped in my head was The Very Hungry Caterpillar.