October 2017 Moms

STM+ Check In | 4.26.17

1) How far along are you/when is your due date?

2) What symptoms are you having? How are you feeling? 

3) How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies?

4) Rant/Rave/Questions?

5) GTKY: What did you do on your first date with your DH/SO?
 --------
I heart theSkimm
I heart YNAB
---------
“Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
- Albus Dumbledore

Re: STM+ Check In | 4.26.17

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks @dajocl Last pregnancy I was due at the beginning of the month, this one is a bit later plus being sorta screwed up on doctor visit dates due to my clinic switch.  So it stinks getting to watch everyone get all the fun stuff first!  But such is life. 
  • JNAthanassious  are you doing the 3 days to potty training thing?  I've read up on it and am ready to try it if I can ever get 3 days to be home all day.
  • @carries2018 - hope your dd feels better.  Those coughs are always hard to hear!

*May Siggy Challenge - Parenting Fails*

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • @JNAthanassious your post made me realize I'm seriously dragging my feet over potty training my 2.25yr old, lol. Diapers are so much more convenient!!!!!
    I know I should do it soon tho, like way before baby #3 arrives. Gotta get crackin'!
  • i flip flop about when to start PTing. DD2 is showing interest but i wish her vocabulary was better. also i started right after 2 with DD1 and it took longer than most with the transition bc i think she was still too young. so i was thinking late summer...but also i dont want to have a regression after the baby so i don't know if i should just wait until maternity leave.
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails
  • @beezeemarie Gosh that does sound awful. How'd it go for your friend?
  • @carries2018 samsies here.  I had DD peeing in the potty some, and for about a month now, anytime I ask her she says nope.  I can't remember when the last time she went to potty was.  I want to give her more time but I also want her to be PTed before baby gets here. 
  • @JNAthanassious well, her older daughter is potty trained, so she made it work, but I think it was probably a lot more stressful than it would have been if she'd had her trained before baby came.
    October 2017 June Siggy Challenge -- "You Had One Job!" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • JNAthanassious What were you doing before this?  What signs were your DD showing? 
  • Update: I got my Doppler ( from my rave). I listened to the most glorious sounds for a good solid 30 minutes.  Baby kept moving and must be sitting really low. I have to hold it over my lower pubic region. But that whoosh woosh woosh woosh was amazing. And even more amazing to not be rushed hearing it like in the dr office.  Ant wait for my girls to listen! 
    Yay!!  This is awesome!  <3  I am excited and scared for mine to get here tomorrow.  

• Update: I got my Doppler ( from my rave). I listened to the most glorious sounds for a good solid 30 minutes.  Baby kept moving and must be sitting really low. I have to hold it over my lower pubic region. But that whoosh woosh woosh woosh was amazing. And even more amazing to not be rushed hearing it like in the dr office.  Ant wait for my girls to listen! 
    Yay for baby heartbeat! I listened to mine at lunch today too. :)
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • @beezeemarie that's a relief, I wish it would go ahead and click. She did ask for her treats that we keep in the bathroom yesterday and I asked her how she got those treats and she told me pee in potty.  So fingers crossed it's getting close.
  • @mrs_fogue while it was going on I was stressed out feeling like, "what else can we do?" One day, it was like it just clicked and then it was no problem from there out. The same thing happened with pooping though. From what you've said it seems like she understands what she needs to do and is ready. Just keep at it and talk about it a lot, ask her a lot, remind her a lot, lol, and she'll figure it out.
    October 2017 June Siggy Challenge -- "You Had One Job!" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • @beezeemarie and this is where I mom-fail.  I should totally be asking her so much more, but then I think about how great sitting on the couch feels and I don't.  I think I'm going to plan memorial day weekend as our PT weekend!