4. GTKY: best book you've read recently
**** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
~~ married 8.11.07
~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~

Re: :::: TTCAL Check-in 4/24 ::::

• Its already Tuesday on the east coast but better late than never :) 

1. Not new. TTC after 2 consecutive 2nd tri losses. 

2. CD1 - blah.

3 - Rant - my students are slowing sucking the life out of me. I'm teaching my favorite class to a group of the worst students ever. They are great kids just super close and talk non-stop in class. and such complainers.
    And I'm tired and frustrated with my body

4 - "Brave Enough" by cheryl strayed is my go to these days. Its just a collection of quotes but is so awesome. 
    ~~ married 8.11.07

• 1. Introduce yourself (if new).
    not new.   MMC 8/16 and again 3/17

2. Status. Waiting for AF after d & c then start IUI 

3. R/R? I've gained a few lbs and really need to get serious but my mind is just not there

im currently reading "how to potty train in 3 days"

• Loading the player...
  • 2. Status? CD 24. 5 DPO.  TWW, but benched

3. R/R? Had it out with my mother yesterday... she's the most unempathetic 'helpful' person with my whole RPL situation.  So of course, as soon as I'd made peace with not doing anything for Mother's Day and just seeing it as another Sunday for this year, she has to get on the band wagon of poking me with a stick, wanting to do things, and not letting up on it.  She had 2 kids and no miscarriages and no matter how many times I explain to her how painful this entire process is and how I just want to avoid certain things while on this journey, she has NO conception of this and just constantly irks me.  I'll mention something making me sad about the journey and then the next words out of her mouth are "Oh, did you hear so and so's uncle's nephew's brother's wife had their baby?  blah blah blah."  It's driving me batty!!!

4. GTKY: best book you've read recently - Recently?  I guess "Timebound by Rysa Walker"  

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• @dpjennifer.  I'm so sorry your mother is not understanding.  Hugs to you. 
  • Not new - CP in december.  3rd cycle TTCAL - beginning of TWW

R/R - business is picking up so that's good and it keeps me focused.  Possible new violin teacher rental for my music studio room and maybe a possible new student for me.  Wedding bookings are picking up - I think I'll be booking 2 this week.

GTKY - wish I could contribute to this one but I really just read kid books to DD these days.  I did see a book up in my office over the weekend that I've yet to read - Happy This Year - might be good to pull that out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not new but I've been gone for quite a while. I've been somewhat active on the Trouble TTC board but it's not as active and I miss this place. Missed m/c in Jan. 2016 on my 13th cycle TTCAL. Currently about 9 DPO. 

I have my follow up visit with my RE today. So far all of my testing has come back normal we just haven't heard the resists of DH's second SA. He was worried that I had a balanced translocation but luckily my tests came back normal. I'm so ready to get this party started but worried about how we are going to move forward when it doesn't seem like anything is actually wrong with us. 

I have been reading the All Souls Trilogy for a while now. With moving and the holidays it's taken me a long time to read the but I'm finally almost done with the last book. I have really enjoyed them so far. I'm reading the Vampire Chrinicles next since I seem to be the only person in the world who hasn't at least read Interview with the Vampire. 

@ladipale I know what you mean about student sucking the life out of you. I spent 8 years working in k-12 with students with autism. Kids can be so extremely exhausting. Sorry about CD1. 

@Mack2342 good luck with your IUI! Since DH and I look like we are going to be dx as unexplained I'm wondering if he might suggest that for us. I guess I'll find out today. 

@dpjennifer I just give up getting sympathy and talking to people who haven't suffered a loss. My mom is one of them as well. They just don't get it and I don't think they ever will. I just try to keep telling myself over and over that they don't mean to hurt feelings, even though they do. It's possible your mom just feels awkward and doesn't know what to say to make you feel better so she kinda changes the subject. Sorry you have to deal with that. 

@vlagrl29 are you a musician? Sorry if you've already mentioned it. I'm back from a long hiatus. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MooFish2364 Missed you!!!  This place is more quiet lately as well since there have been a lot of BFPs in the past few months. *sigh*  Which is awesome, but a bit lonely for us long-timers...

I found it both good and bad every time a RPL test came back 'good.'  It was like 'YAY I'm fine' and also 'but... if there's no problem to fix... ?'

I'm ok with not getting sympathy from my mom, but the callous way she just brings up babies and pregnancies and holidays that are big triggers for me, and then rolls her eyes like I need to build a bridge and get over it all is really rubbing me the wrong way.  

@Mack2342 Thank you.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Hi everyone!

1. Not new to TTCAL, but new to this board (I hang out at TTGP most the time but have lurked here). I had my first loss in September at 12w (baby measured 8w, had d&c), then a second loss in March at 10w (baby measured 6w, took misoprostol).
    2. Just got first AF after 2nd loss last week, so we are currently in our 5th total cycle of TTC.
    3. Had RPL BW done last week (all normal, but found out about BW done during first pregnancy that I have homozygous MTHFR mutations, so have switched to PNVs with methyl folate instead of folic acid after my second loss). Tomorrow I'm having an HSG done to rule out any structural causes. I'm generally doing pretty ok, and trying to stay optimistic, but this morning it hit me hard that Mother's Day is coming up (posted a thread if you all want to share your feelings about it).
    4. I haven't loved anything I've read recently. Right now I'm reading Me Before You, but only because it was currently available on my library's digital bookshelf. So far it's alright.

Me: 30 | DH: 31
    Met: August 2006
    Married: July 2012
    TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
    BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
    BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C
  • @MooFish2364.  I really haven't had a lot of testing done.  TW*** I have a 20 month old but I'm almost 42 so they think it's just the age factor causing MCs.  So the hope is fertility drugs will give us more eggs and hopefully a good one to attach to.  I just don't have time on my side.  Clock gets louder everyday lol.  I hope you get a good plan today and things work out for you! 
  • @dpjennifer, I totally feel you about mother's day coming up. Sorry your own mom isn't sympathetic to how you feel. I also agree that it's frustrating to get tests coming back all clear. You want a reason, but also don't want to find anything unfixable. Double edged sword there.

Me: 30 | DH: 31
    Met: August 2006
    Married: July 2012
    TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
    BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
    BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C
  • vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited April 2017
    @MooFish2364 - yes I am - I primarily play viola.  I teach violin and viola and I play in a trio.  I'm so happy things are picking up because it makes me happy and gives me hope everything will be ok.  I just booked another wedding this morning :) 

I'm glad you are back and sorry for your long journey TTC.  I've been thinking back and forth about if I would ever do medical intervention if I would need it.  nothing is wrong with us either and we've been pregnant twice - 1 living child.  We still have 3 more cycles until we officially hit our 1 year mark TTC.  I've recently said f@ck it to this entire process because it's not worth my worry and stress.  Obviously we want another child.  We'll see.
  • @icecubeinthedesert - welcome.  I'm sorry for your losses but I'm glad so far your testing is normal.  I know sometimes we want something to be wrong with us so the doctor can fix it but I think it's better when everything is ok that way there is less to stress about.  
  • @dpjennifer I'm sorry about your mom. That's not fair. 
    @vlagrl29 I bet you're a badass playing the violin at weddings!  :)
    @icecubeinthedesert welcome! I've seen ya on TTGP

1. 6-7? cycle TTCAL after 7 month bench to regulate thyroid, lost 2 months, last cycle BFN yesterday (along with my other lovely peeps here....shitty month for TTCAL, ha ha ha). 
    2. Waiting for AF, probably sometime this weekend.
    3. R/R: meh. 
    4. Brain fart. Have to come back for this. 
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • @Mack2342 - I still HATE that you are back here with me :( And - I know its hard, but give yourself a little grace on the weight loss. The hormones are still going crazy and grief can do weird things to our bodies. You'll bounce back

@dpjennifer - that is so so hard. It is impossible to get other people to understand the loss unless they have been there.

@MooFish2364 - happy to see you back here. I remember you from the summertime. 

~~ married 8.11.07
  • vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited April 2017
    I've decided to sell some of the stuff in our basement we don't need anymore - maternity clothes, motorized quad car, toddler car seat, motorized car, 4/5 year girl clothing and a few other items.  It will feel good to get rid of that stuff and make space.  I'm not a garage sale type of person so I'd rather sell it on CL.  I've decided to keep the baby stuff in storage for now.
  • 1. Not new. See soggy.
    2. WTO. Currently CD4.
    3. R/R? Feeling regretful about sticking to our plan of waiting til our first was almost 5 to have another..... plans get screwed up and yea.   Just feeling it today. 
    4. Big little lies was pretty good. 

Baby #1: BFP on 10/12/2011, EDD 6/24/2012 Born: 6/16/2012 Boy!

Baby #2: BFP on 11/11/2016, EDD 7/25/2017 - MC 1/2/2017

• @hdaley - I hear ya. I was wanting a 5/6 age gap. Most likely will be 7 unless I get pregnant in next 2 months. You know what though we were not at all ready to start that journey any earlier than we did. It will all work out.
  • Thanks @ladipale.  I hate that any of our here. It totally sucks
  • SP128SP128 member
    @ladipale Bodies stink when they don't cooperate.  Positive  - the semester must be almost over for you.  You teach at a university right?

@dpjennifer  Mothers are the worst sometimes.  My mother does not know about the loss because she would blame me for being too old.  Every time I see her she literally yells at me to get pregnant.  If people are around she whisper yells.  I feel you.  It is so lonely here, I'm happy for the ladies who got BFP but I'm very sad for all of us left .

@vlagrl29 Glad business is picking up.  Extra money is always welcomed in my house.  

@MooFish2364  Hi There.  I just got into Trouble TTC because TTCAL was super duper quiet,  but you are right, it is very quiet there.  8 years working with children with autism. I think you may be a goddes@VLady14

@icecubeinthedesert   I lurk on TTGP at times and recognize your screen name. I only lurk because I don't think I can keep up with the pace of TTGP.  Welcome. Good luck on HSG.  I read "Me Before You"  It was alright, like you said.

@amberruka  Sorry for the BFN lady : (  

. Introduce yourself (if new).  So not new.  
    2. Status?  2 DPO - Started estradiol this afternoon - starting to prep for IVF
    3. R/R?  My biggest rant is that I may miss this cycle for IVF because my RE's clinic let my paperwork sit since last Friday 4/14 rather than submit it for authorization.  So I'm staring the estradiol - just in case.  I spent the day making phone calls and double checking people's work.  

DH and I decided to go the IVF route a couple of weeks ago after meeting with the RE.  It is aggressive but we wanted a baby yesterday and we feel that we don't have a lot of time to waste.  I really hope it is worth it.  

Oh... and you bet your tooshies that I'll be peeing on all the sticks starting like 8DPO. Hoping that I'm so special that I get to cancel the IVF because I got KU naturally.

4. GTKY: best book you've read recently.  It wasn't the best book, but I read "What's Eating Gilbert Grape" while on vacay.  I never saw the movie but would love to now. 

***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• @SP128.  Good luck with IVF.  
  • SP128SP128 member
    @Mack2342  Thanks lady.  Hope your IUI comes soon.  We are all just playing the waiting game.  
    ***TW***
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP

• 1. I'm a newbie to this board but not to The Bump! We've been TTC for almost 2 years and so far I've had three early losses-Chemical Pregnancy, 8 Weeks, and 6 Weeks. We are currently going IVF and about to do our next FET.   

2. Status? FET on 4/27 and we are transferring two again 

3. R/R? They are having us do our PIO shots in the morning this cycle and I am so sleep deprived because DH works at 7 AM.  If all goes well we will still be doing shots on our upcoming trip out West which means we will have to wake up at 3:00 AM to stay on time. Ugh!  Completely worth it for the outcome but a pain at the moment.  

4. GTKY: best book you've read recently "Every Bitter Thing Is Sweet"  over a year ago... I need to read more.  

Me 36 DH 34 - Married May 2010
    DX: PCOS/Unexplained Infertility/MTHFR Mutation
    TTC since December 2014
    Fresh Transfer: Gonal, Menopur, Cetrotide. ~ Chemical Pregnancy :(  
    FET #1: 1st Beta- 3,792~ 2nd Beta- 4,227~ BFP ~ Miscarriage at 8 weeks :( 
    FET #2: 1st Beta 207~2nd Beta 235~ BFP~ Miscarriage at 6 weeks :(
    FET #3: 1st Beta 18~ 2nd Beta 44~BFP~ Miscarriage 5 weeks :(
    FET #4: 1st Beta 50~ 2nd Beta 97.7~ Miscarriage 6 weeks 5 days :(
    FET#5: 1st Beta 29~ 2nd Beta 109~ 3rd Beta 227~ 4th Beta 661~ Miscarriage 5 weeks 3 days 
    Miracle Natural BFP Estimated Due Date June 2019~ God is good 
    2 snow babies 

• Good Luck on your IVF cycle @SP128 - I hope it all goes smoothly.  Does insurance cover it for you?
  • @Worldtravler0522.  Welcome.  Sorry for your losses.  Good luck with the IVF process 
  • @SP128.  Thanks.  It is all a waiting game
  • @Worldtravler0522 welcome! 

@SP128 totally see the movie! Leo DiCaprio should have won an oscar for it! And the woman who plays the mom had never acted before.
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • SP128SP128 member
    edited April 2017
    @Worldtravler0522  Welcome to our little world : )  Good luck on your FET.  Almost there.  So exciting.

@vlagrl29  Yes, we have fertility coverage.  In Massachusetts, I believe there is a mandate for it.  Our coverage could be better but I would feel like a brat complaining.  

@amberruka  Wanted to tell you I was impressed with your earlier psychic abilities.  I lurked on TTGP last night.  : )

edit:  forgot to tag someone
    ***TW***
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP

• @SP128- that's awesome it's mandated so you might as well take advantage of it.

@Worldtravler0522 - GL with the FET
  • @SP128 - i am at a university but on quarters system. in week 4 of 10 weeks so I still have some long weeks ahead.
    ~~ married 8.11.07
  • 1. ...read signature...
    2. CD4 and off the bench for the first time since June 2016!!!
    3. R/R? So excited to be off the bench! Just want to fast forward to fertile week!!!
    4. GTKY: best book you've read recently - The Good Girl was pretty good, as was Girl on the Train. If I recall correctly, they are both TW type books, so reader beware! For some reason many of the books I've read in the past 9 months have had some element of pregnancy, MC or IF, which has been challenging emotionally.
    *TW*

TTC#1 - 6.3.16
    BFP#1 - 7.1.16, (mo-di twins + singleton) due 3.15.17
    MC singleton - 7.13.16 - 5w
    MMC identical twins - 8.5.16 - 8w+2d
    Misoprostol 4x
    D&C - 9.12.16
    Hysteroscopy - 11.21.16 - Retained tissue filling half of uterus removed, blocked left tube, benched for 2 cycles, on estrogen/progesterone for 30 days
    HSG - 2.7.17 - Asherman's Syndrome. Both tubes open.
    Hysteroscopy 2.13.17 - Incomplete adhesiolysis for Asherman's, benched & on estrogen/progesterone for 30 days. At least two more surgeries needed...
    Hysteroscopy 3.21.17 - Adhesiolysis for Asherman's, benched & on estrogen/progesterone for 30 days.
    TTCAL #1: 4.24.17
    Hysteroscopy 5.23.17 - Scars reformed. Adhesiolysis. Unsure what to do next...
    Fertility acupuncture - started 6.13.17
  • @ladipale - sorry about the CD1. What day do you tend to O? I may be Oing at the same time as you as I tend to be CD18 and I'm on CD4 right now.
    *TW*

TTC#1 - 6.3.16
    BFP#1 - 7.1.16, (mo-di twins + singleton) due 3.15.17
    MC singleton - 7.13.16 - 5w
    MMC identical twins - 8.5.16 - 8w+2d
    Misoprostol 4x
    D&C - 9.12.16
    Hysteroscopy - 11.21.16 - Retained tissue filling half of uterus removed, blocked left tube, benched for 2 cycles, on estrogen/progesterone for 30 days
    HSG - 2.7.17 - Asherman's Syndrome. Both tubes open.
    Hysteroscopy 2.13.17 - Incomplete adhesiolysis for Asherman's, benched & on estrogen/progesterone for 30 days. At least two more surgeries needed...
    Hysteroscopy 3.21.17 - Adhesiolysis for Asherman's, benched & on estrogen/progesterone for 30 days.
    TTCAL #1: 4.24.17
    Hysteroscopy 5.23.17 - Scars reformed. Adhesiolysis. Unsure what to do next...
    Fertility acupuncture - started 6.13.17
  • Thanks for the warm welcome!!  

Me 36 DH 34 - Married May 2010
    DX: PCOS/Unexplained Infertility/MTHFR Mutation
    TTC since December 2014
    Fresh Transfer: Gonal, Menopur, Cetrotide. ~ Chemical Pregnancy :(  
    FET #1: 1st Beta- 3,792~ 2nd Beta- 4,227~ BFP ~ Miscarriage at 8 weeks :( 
    FET #2: 1st Beta 207~2nd Beta 235~ BFP~ Miscarriage at 6 weeks :(
    FET #3: 1st Beta 18~ 2nd Beta 44~BFP~ Miscarriage 5 weeks :(
    FET #4: 1st Beta 50~ 2nd Beta 97.7~ Miscarriage 6 weeks 5 days :(
    FET#5: 1st Beta 29~ 2nd Beta 109~ 3rd Beta 227~ 4th Beta 661~ Miscarriage 5 weeks 3 days 
    Miracle Natural BFP Estimated Due Date June 2019~ God is good 
    2 snow babies 

• @dpjennifer & @ladipale Thanks! It's good to be back. 

@vlagrl29 cool! I always wished I could play an instrument but I have zero musical talent. 

@SP128 I honestly don't know how I survived working in special ed for so long. I miss my students but I do not miss the job it is way too hard and the pay is way too little. 

@Worldtravler0522 good luck with your FET! 

@weareturtles I should have mentioned at TW for the books that I read too. They also deal with loss and pregnancy. You would have never thought it reading the descriptions for the books so I was really caught off guard. 

I had my followup RE appointment yesterday. THe only issue that he can see that might be preventing us from getting pregnant is a possible very small fibroid on the top of my uterus. He wants to do surgery to look around and possibly remove it. He also wants to look at my tubes just to be sure even though I had a clear HSG. I'm already nervous and not sure if this is the right route or not. We did get pregnant once but now it has been over a year since my loss and nothing has happened. This likely means I'll be benched all summer which totally sucks. But will be worth it if it works. I'm not looking forward to taking all of my vacation time for this instead of something fun. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @SP128 Thank you, and sorry about your mom.  That’s so rough having ‘extra’ pressure on yourself!  Also, FX for successful IVF.

Worldtravler0522 Welcome!  And good luck with your IVF cycle!

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Introduce yourself (if new).
    Hello, I am new here. I have been lurking for a couple of weeks. MMC 4/11 at 8w 6d, D&C 4/14. My OBGYN cited a large subchorionic hemorrhage and low progesterone as potential causes. If we are able to conceive again I'll be on progesterone and high dose folic acid. I also had freakishly low vitamin D levels, and I have no idea if that comes into play. I'm on a supplement for that now. I'm also AMA at 38.

2. Status? waiting for AF. DH and I discussed what we wanted to do, and we decided to try again. I'm not sure what that entails at this point, but one step at a time. 

3. R/R? I'm pretty busy with grad school, work, family etc. I do love to knit and crochet though. I also play the piano and violin. Now that The Walking Dead is off for several months I'll have to search Netflix for a series to watch till the season premiere.

I think the last book I read was Anne of Green Gables because my best friend and I went to Prince Edward Island.

Also, I'm not sure about the etiquette here, but I do worry about upsetting anyone with my tickers. I put them under a spoiler but I don't know if that is sufficient. I can just remove them if anyone thinks that would be better. Thank you all for having me here. I'm having a pretty difficult time with this. 
  • Welcome @fiddleRN79. I'm sorry that you find yourself here but this is a great group. I also crochet and am currently working on a mermaid tail blanket. I thought that it would be fun for cool nights/mornings sitting outside on my patio. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MooFish2364 I am impressed! I would have to use a chart on those I think. Are you using a written pattern? My prized project was a sweater I knitted for myself. I won't wear it because I don't want to get it dirty lol. It took me forever to finish it. I mostly make small items. Thank you for the welcoming :) 
  • Hello @fiddleRN70 - welcome to this lovely corner of the internet. Great group of women no one wants to join...

I think the tickers are fine, but having them in spoiler also works.

Also - R/R stands for Rants/Raves :) but i love your interpretation of rest and relaxation. That works too. Mostly we use it as a place to say whats going well and not that week. 
    ~~ married 8.11.07
  • @fiddleRN79 - welcome!  We are almost the same age.  I'm 36 but will be 37 in 1 month.  I'm sorry for your loss.  Take it 1 step at a time.  It's really hard in the beginning.
  • Welcome @fiddleRN79. Sorry you are here but truly a great place to be considering the circumstances.  This is a great group of women!