December 2017 Moms

Monday Bitchfest 4/24

2»

Re: Monday Bitchfest 4/24

• @camomile_june it actually overwhelms me when I think about the type of mother I want to be because sometimes you really don't realize how something seemingly small can hugely affect your child! I'm sure my mom meant no harm by it either.. but I'll definitely strive to be better at communicating with my children because of it!
  • @camomile_june I've heard denmark is way better than canada when it comes to healthcare coverage too! You should have stayed haha

@bkrahn I feel you on the anxiety over being a good mom, when I was pregnant with DS I had many many meltdowns worrying I'd be a bad mom, because as an adult I don't agree with a lot of parenting practices that my parents did. Luckily, DH has AMAZING parents, so I try and emulate them and ask them lots of questions and for their opinions on things. Plus, if DH becomes even 1/10 of the father his dad is, he'll be great!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Anyone else have an Ob that's a total jerk? We have military insurance, so I chose an ob that delivered at a really great hospital in town for my last pregnancy. I decided to keep her for #3, since I know her and know the hospital. My first pregnancy was in a different town, different doc, and she was uuuuuhmazing. My current doctor has the shittiest bedside manner. When I went last week for my ultrasound, I gave her my last period as feb 10th- this was accurate because I documented in my phone app. I ovulated on March 10th- this is pretty accurate since I took an opk the whole week leading up to. At the appt, I was 7w6d and noticed that it said 9w6d at the top of my ultrasound. When I asked her about it, she said, "that's how far along you'd be, according to the date of your last period you gave us, it's obviously WRONG since you're not that far along." I was like whaaaaaa??! Question: how many of you ovulate/ menstruate 100% on schedule every month since the beginning of time? I was blown away that she said that because, me ovulating two weeks later than I was "supposed to," wouldn't be unheard of. I was still nursing my son when I ovulated which would account for my wonky cycle. As an ob, you'd think she'd understand that...I can't stand her. The end.
  • Amber_WavesAmber_Waves member
    edited April 2017
    @lestex That's so strange!  You'd think she'd at least say, "they make us chart it this way, we'll get an updated EDD soon."  
  • @lestex do you have the option to switch?? Are there other OB's at that hospital. I think if you feel like she's not listening or putting your needs first that would be enough for me to switch. Its so early yet and you'll be seeing her a lot! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Amber_Waves, I know. A simple, "I have to input your lmp as this and it shows up on your ultrasound- just pay attention to the gestational weeks on the bottom blah blah blah" would have sufficed, but she threw in some snark and I was transported into the twilight zone.
  • @lestex  I go to a group practice and when I was pregnant with DD, one of the doctors came in and complained to me about her last patient! I was shocked and it just got worse from there.  Luckily, since it is a group practice, I could just ask not to see her anymore.  I wonder if you can make it clear to her next time that you are aware of how the body works and you don't appreciate that kind of attitude.  You are her customer after all.