November 2017 Moms
Options

Sleep issues anyone?

2»

Re: Sleep issues anyone?

• Options
    BayCamp said:
    Stupid body. My 2yo just started sleeping through the night 2 months ago. Can't I be exempt from the adjustment? Lol 
    My 6yo doesn't sleep through the night yet :'(  And he's MEDICATED to sleep!
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• Options
    I feel like every day is different, but it's never good. Too hungry, peeing, needing to nap, etc. But it has been significantly better since I got my leachco back n belly pillow! Eta which sounds crazy at 10 weeks, but it is. 
    YES I got this pillow too and it's WONDERFUL - plus not quite so bulky so FI has a little room on the bed too.

My issue is back pain.  I am okay if i am lying on my left side, but if I am on my back or roll over to my right side, almost immediate excruciating pain.  This pillow kind of props me up to stay on my left side.  And I use it like a throne when I'm sitting up in bed watching TV.

[spoiler]

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    last time around, my OB recommended benadryl if I couldn't sleep.  It does work well but I don't take it unless I know FI isn't going to be sleeping to heavily to hear my son's alarms going off, because one benadryl and i'm down for the count.

[spoiler]

• Options
     @ooodalollly I am the same way! I can nap during the day just fine but when I head to bed at night, I'm suddenly not tired. Even if I had just been asleep on the couch a few minutes before. It's so frustrating.

I have sleep issues all the time so I'm used to getting up and down throughout the night, but I'm really missing my melatonin now. I found it helped a lot in my pre-pregnancy days with relaxing at bedtime and easily falling back to sleep after waking in the middle of the night.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't had a good night's sleep in like 3 weeks. :(
    Me: 32 Husbando: 49
    Married Since: 7/29/2012
    omgosh 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, I already had moderate to severe sleep issues, but yay, throw in pregnancy! Luckily, I am able to fall asleep but I am getting up every 45 min to an hour to pee. Two nights ago I got up 12 times! It's outrageous. 
    *****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
    Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
    Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga
  • Options
    I'm having trouble getting comfortable laying on my side and have been sleeping on my back (which I never do). Now I just read back sleeping is a no no :( I also HATE it when my husband snuggles and his arm is over my side and belly. I want to rip it off because it's so uncomfortable. Now he just rest his hand on my hip which is okay but then a roll away to freedom after 10 minutes or so. Poor husband!
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" - Philippians 4:13 
  • Options
    @MississippiCatfish Or anyone else who might have input- Can we talk snoodle vs leacho back and belly pillow? How do they compare? I loved my snoodle last pregnancy but it was pretty big and I did end up sleeping on the couch for the back support at the end.
  • Options
    I'm having trouble getting comfortable laying on my side and have been sleeping on my back (which I never do). Now I just read back sleeping is a no no :( I also HATE it when my husband snuggles and his arm is over my side and belly. I want to rip it off because it's so uncomfortable. Now he just rest his hand on my hip which is okay but then a roll away to freedom after 10 minutes or so. Poor husband!
    Sleeping on your back is completely fine at this point. In fact I think most doctors say it's fine forever - it's really only toward the end that it may make some difference - I was directed to lie on my left side while in the hospital because the baby was having some distress - but he was 38 weeks! Right now, at <2 inches long, it makes zero difference whatsoever. Be comfortable. 

[spoiler]

• Options
    ineedsixeggsineedsixeggs member
    edited April 2017
    @MississippiCatfish Or anyone else who might have input- Can we talk snoodle vs leacho back and belly pillow? How do they compare? I loved my snoodle last pregnancy but it was pretty big and I did end up sleeping on the couch for the back support at the end.
    Yes! I didn't use one with my first and totally regret it. Anyone have a favorite to recommend? 

ETA: I mean any pregnancy pillow in general
  • Options
    There are many types of pregnancy pillows. I bought a Snoogle the first time around and loved it. Will use again.
    https://parent.guide/pregnancy-pillows/ 
  • Options
    My MOTN peeing has begun. And here I thought I'd escape it. 

• Options
    I have a snoogle. I love it through all of pregnancy, right up until the very end. By the end, it makes me feel claustrophobic. At the end of pregnancy, I usually start the night off in bed and then move to sleeping mostly upright on the couch.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    edited April 2017
    The reason that I bought the Leachco Back N Belly is because you don't have to move it over to the other side when you turn over at night, since I toss and turn a lot sometimes.  @kissthesky32 I can totally see what you're saying about feeling claustrophobic.  I can see myself getting that way in time, especially in the summer months when it's hot. Hoping the benefit will outweigh the negatives so that it's a good purchase.  But I did get it secondhand for $40, so if I can resell it for $30ish, that's like nothin! Right? ;) That's what I'm telling my husband about all my indulgent purchases for our last baby that I never needed with the first 3.

ETA I do wish my pillow was a little longer, though (which my husband thinks is crazy since it takes up half the bed.) I'm 5'9" and it ends just below my knee.  I wish I could scrunch up enough to get it between my feet too. 
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Im right on bored with the no sleeping. Pillows don't help at all. Thinking  about getting pregnancy pillow but can't figure out which one. Hubby hates me using him and I cant lay on stomach or back because that's gotten supper uncomfortable already.