November 2017 Moms
Options

Sleep issues anyone?

Can we all get together and commiserate over how terrible sleep issues in pregnancy are???

Difficulty sleeping was one of my primary symptoms last pregnancy and I believe it is starting again! Would love to hear from anyone else struggling.... So we know we aren't the only ones up at 2am (or all other hours of the night!)

Re: Sleep issues anyone?

• Options
    @hopeful87-2 yup!! Sleep issues here, too! I think the worst part for me is that there are so many different reasons I'm stuck wide awake in the middle of the night! Hungry, thirsty, have to pee, BM issues, uncomfortable, hot/cold, weird dreams, and, of course, just generalized insomnia! And the pregnancy alone makes me exhausted 24/7, now add in a lack of sleep, and there's days that I don't know how I'm functioning! 
  • Options
    I have been up every night at midnight for an hour at least, then again at 530a. Some nights are worse but that's been my schedule consistently.  :'(
    November 2017 July Summer Fails

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't sleep well to begin with and of course add this in and I really don't sleep. From between 830-630 I sleep maybe 4 hours it's terrible. And I sleep better on my back, which of course I can't do soon so I'm trying to train myself and it's not ending well 
  • Options
    Yep between sinus headaches, heartburn, needing to pee, and my anxiety kicking in to overdrive at night I can't freaking sleep either! 
  • Options
    Oh yeah. Really struggling with sleep. Dreams. Insomnia. Waking for no reason.... And then not being able to fall asleep again. Ugh. 
  • Options
    Ugh! Sorry for all the sleep problems. My biggest problems in the last pregnancy started in second trimester with my hips getting so tight it hurt so bad to sleep on my side and nothing helped. 
    Right now I'm just having the weirdest vivid freaky scary dreams. 
  • Options
    My sleep is so weird.  I am so tired but waking up early in the morning and can't get back to sleep no matter how tired I am. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    hopeful87-2hopeful87-2 member
    edited April 2017
    So sorry everyone is struggling like
    this but it does help to know we are in it together!@cmessamore that Is the hardest part! I had such terrible sleep during pregnancy and then DD didn't sleep through the night until 11 months. She nursed every two hours consistently around the clock until 4 months old. The idea of returning to that level of exhaustion and sleep deprivation is so disheartening to me! There really is something to the idea that "ignorance is bliss". I feel like I was able to make it through the first time bc I didn't truly understand the level of exhaustion! Wish I could go back and forget what that was like. Wish Mother Nature would be a little more understanding and let us sleep now while we can!
  • Options
    I definitely did not miss waking up twice a night or more to pee! And then when I lay down its impossible to fall back to sleep quickly.... ugh. 

But of course, during the day, naps are no problem lol. 
  • Options
    Ha that does sound funny but I'm going to check it out! Anything that might help! Thanks @emucoleman

For those of you that are physically uncomfortable buying a snoodle was completely worth it my last pregnancy (seems crazy to spend $50 on a big pillow- but you can't put a price tag on your sanity!)
  • Options
    I'm like @jess0211 I'm always exhausted and actually fall asleep pretty easily but then I wake up super early and can't fall asleep again. It's especially annoying on the weekends...just means I end up cleaning the entire apartment by the time DH rolls out of bed. Like today. 9:45 am and everything is sparkling minus vacuuming because that'd wake him up. 

• Options
    I've suffered with PTSD induced insomnia for quite some time now and am not taking my medication because of this pregnancy...it's going to be a long pregnancy+breastfeeding. But the positive is I can watch my LO sleep and enjoy that quiet time at night with him before the new LO comes along.
  • Options
    I have been waking up several times a night and not able to fall back asleep for no reason.  It is not fun.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My problem is getting to sleep. Tossing and turning for an hour every night before finally falling asleep, plus waking up to pee or because of crazy dreams is driving me insane! But yes, it is your body's way of preparing you, because once that baby comes it's the same stuff until they learn to sleep!
  • Options
    Stupid body. My 2yo just started sleeping through the night 2 months ago. Can't I be exempt from the adjustment? Lol 
  • Options
    I'm sorry so many of us are struggling with sleep. For me, it's the waking up to pee (which I never did before I was pregnant) and the dreams...oh the crazy vivid dreams. Multiple ones. Every night. I toss and turn and wake up a lot. Last night H and I moved to Australia when I was 8 months pregnant and I couldn't find a midwife. Lol.

Sometimes I have trouble falling asleep too because of anxiety. For anyone with that issue, I've been doing 15-30 minutes of mediation/mindfulness before I go to sleep using an app on my phone. It's mostly just a guy talking in a soothing voice and deep breathing exercises, which help me relax a lot. Often, I'm asleep before the meditation is over. In the past, I've also had a lot of luck with progressive muscle relaxation. And this is coming from someone who is not normally a "mediation" kind of person. But it works for me.
  • Options
    It's past noon and DH is still asleep. HOW???

• Options
    It's past noon and DH is still asleep. HOW???
    Omg! I miss those days! 
  • Options
    I haven't slept past noon in over 6 years. That sounds like the most amazing thing everrrrrrr
  • Options
    I am struggling as well, although mine hasn't been waking and staying awake it's more waking frequently from crazy dreams/weird pains/Charlie horses/hands falling asleep. I must wake at least 10 times a night. My one suggestion is don't get on amazon. I had major insomnia last pregnancy and ended up with so much crap I didn't need because amazon was my 3am friend
  • Options
    @ugoglencoco ugh! I forgot to list the Charlie horses!! I keep getting them in the arch of my feet!! They hurt so much! 
  • Options
    @ugoglencoco I wish I could sleep like him! By the time he woke up I'd cleaned the apartment again, done a bunch of dishes, folded laundry, made myself some pancakes, and watched two episodes of an awful tv show haha

• Options
    Last night my hips were killing me, so I flip flopped around all night. We sleep in a double bed, so there's no room for a pregnancy pillow, but I do keep trying to remember to try a regular pillow between the knees.
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Options
    Newborn exhaustion is so different to me than pregnancy exhaustion. Like, with the baby, at least you have something cute to wake up to, and (for the most part) when you are able to sleep, you're sleeping comfortably.

Waking up to pee, or dust fan blades, or massage charlie horses just as soon as you've found a way to lay where you can breathe without crying (tri 3 especially) IS THE WORST.

Currently I can't keep my eyes open during the day but as soon as I lay down in bed they don't want to close. I think I'm dying. 
  • Options
    @ooodalollly all of that, yes!! 
  • Options
    @ooodalollly also, your sn reminds me of the Disney Robin Hood movie! It was my favorite growing up! :love:
  • Options
    @cmessamore That's where it came from!  <3 I couldn't get the tune out of my head. 
  • Options
    lahansen said:
    Last night my hips were killing me, so I flip flopped around all night. We sleep in a double bed, so there's no room for a pregnancy pillow, but I do keep trying to remember to try a regular pillow between the knees.
    This. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh I'm tired all the time and want a nap everyday but my kids won't go for that lol

And then the peeing all night...

• Options
    Here is to wishing us all a better sleep tonight.... Wishful thinking.
  • Options
    I have no problem falling asleep but the dog wakes me up at least twice a night  (would it be animal abuse to give him Benadryl) and I've been waking to gas pains and my hands/arms fall asleep. I just want to sleep through the night before I have an infant to get up with!
  • Options
    I'm going to a work conference for 3 nights in a few weeks and you would think I was going on a vacation for how excited I am. My excitement comes mostly from
    not being woken up by my two dogs or my toddler for 3 nights. I love them immensely but I haven't spent a night all by myself since before DD was born. Joy, sheer joy at the thought of it. 
  • Options
    @hopeful87-2. That sounds amazing!  I have the same problem with 2 dogs and a 3 year old. 
  • Options
    I'm. So. Tired. All day. When the baby naps I sleep like an angel and I drool all over my pillow. But when nighttime hits I lay in bed exhausted out of my fucking mind. 
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I feel like every day is different, but it's never good. Too hungry, peeing, needing to nap, etc. But it has been significantly better since I got my leachco back n belly pillow! Eta which sounds crazy at 10 weeks, but it is. 
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
     I'm another one who is having horrible pregnancy nightmares. And then i lay awake at 3am not able to sleep any more. 
  • Options
    Worst night of sleep last night. Woke up so many times, once because something fell down. DH thinks the cat did it but kitty was asleep in the bathroom sink so I think he's innocent. 

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I've been up since 3am :(