October 2017 Moms

Weekend Chatter (4/22-4/23)

13»

Re: Weekend Chatter (4/22-4/23)

• How far in advance do people have baby showers? My MIL just told me that aug 19 is mine, unless for some reason that doesn't work for me. That's 2 months in advance, which sounds good to me. I would never dictate the date when someone is nice enough to throw one for me! But my other friend said that seems late to her and she thinks it should be earlier than 7 months.

• @bluejeanbabi05 with DS I was 36 weeks at my baby shower.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Loading the player...
  • How far in advance do people have baby showers? My MIL just told me that aug 19 is mine, unless for some reason that doesn't work for me. That's 2 months in advance, which sounds good to me. I would never dictate the date when someone is nice enough to throw one for me! But my other friend said that seems late to her and she thinks it should be earlier than 7 months.
    That's literally a week before mine :) I think the timing is good. Not so close to the due date where you'd be exhausted and uncomfortable.
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had my shower in August for Dd1 (October baby). My friend had hers 2 weeks before her due date. That was cray cray. 
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails
  • @bluejeanbabi05 that is the same weekend as mine! I think 7 months sounds like a great time to have one. I threw a baby shower for my SIL and she was at 38 weeks (it was the only weekend she had available). Everything went great, but she did say that she wished it could have been earlier, because she didn't really want to move around much by that time. If I could have controlled the baby shower date I would have done it at 7 months.

I am so lobster-esque right now from going to the beach today. My Neutragena sunblock failed me in a bad way. :|

I really want to start getting things here and there for the nursery. My mom has brought up several times that they want to help with purchasing some things, and to just let them know. I feel really awkward asking for help, and I don't necessarily think we need it, but she keeps bringing it up. I don't know how to organically bring up a conversation on this. Anyone have similar encounters with parents/ILs? It is a really sweet gesture, I'm just awkward at taking help. My mom is kind of someone who will get offended if you don't take a gift/help...I'm going to slap myself if I type the word help one more time... :D
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @bluejeanbabi05 2 months is about right. It gives plenty of time to get anything else you still need, you're not super large and uncomfortable yet and it gives a little leeway in case you go early or have any issues. Every one I've been to has been right around 2 months before the edd, including my own. 
  • @bluejeanbabi05 sounds perfectly fine. I had mine 3 weeks from my due date. It went ok, but I don't think I moved from the couch once :)

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • @bluejeanbabi05 my surprise one was at 24 weeks on a family vacation and then a local one at 34 weeks.  I think after 36 weeks is cutting it close but anytime after 24 weeks sounds good to me!
    TTC x 1.5 years.
    Acupuncture, Femera x3 cyles, and HSG.
    BFP in September 2014, DS born June 2015.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker