December 2017 Moms

Why My Pregnant Self is Crying 4/21

Re: Why My Pregnant Self is Crying 4/21

• @justsuzie I've been meaning to watch Hacksaw Ridge. I almost watched it tonight, but opted for Passengers instead. Cried like a baby anyways!

@bkrahn That's gonna be me soon! We're out of this place by the end of next month and it's going to be so emotional for me. I hate where we live, but this is the only home our daughter has ever known. I just teared up, thinking about it. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @vvitchhazel oh man, I feel for you! Good luck with your move!
  • @vvitchhazel I was kinda"meh" about passengers. I felt they marketed it to ge wrong audience. 
  • @justsuzie @nme44 The only reason I knew about it was because of Red Box at the grocery store, so I'm not sure who it was marketed towards either! I've loved Chris Pratt since he was chubby and naked on Parks and Rec, so this was extra delightful!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @justsuzie, @vvitchhazel @nme44 - Add me to the list who assumed the movie was marketed to Chris Pratt fans.  I've heard it's not good, but because I adore Chris Pratt and am a Jennifer Lawrence fan, I still kinda want to see it.  

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • NME44NME44 member
    @Tennis11785, it's just eh. I'd probably say you may as well see it as fans of the actors, but DH asked me the other day, "hey, should I see passengers?" and I told him no. 
  • Moana.  We've been sick and my son will watch a particular movie on repeat for about two weeks.  We've watched it 4 times since Friday.  The last 1/3rd of the movie gets me every time.  I know what is coming but I choke up every time.
  • I cried after sexy time. Like full on cry not just a tear. That's new! Lol
    31 years young
    from Seattle(ish)
    5 years married
    FTM and PGAL
    EDD is 12/23/17
    -- It's a BOY! ---

• @nme44, @vvitchhazel, @TennisWife815 I thought it was marketed as a sci fi movie....That's how I saw it.  But when I watched it, clearly a love story.  LOL  I have nothing against love stories, just wasn't in the mood for that the night I watched it.  
  • @justsuzie Yeah, definitely NOT sci-fi! Love story in space. They probably cast Morpheus just to lend credence to the sci-fi marketing.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • NME44NME44 member
    @justsuzie Yeah, definitely NOT sci-fi! Love story in space. They probably cast Morpheus just to lend credence to the sci-fi marketing.
    Meh. Wasn't so much a great love story, either. More like a creeper stalker story with a bit of Stockholm syndrome thrown in.
  • NME44NME44 member
    I'm crying this morning because I watched a baby's reaction to the end of Homeward Bound. Not *my* baby's reaction, just A baby.
  • I watched "Inside Out" last night while making a 9pm grilled cheese in my kitchen and cried when *spoiler* Bing-Bong jumped out of his magic rocket to let Joy travel back to Riley's brain. And then I cried again at the end when Riley came home and broke down and hugged her parents. Oo feels.
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• NME44NME44 member
    peachy13 said:
    I watched "Inside Out" last night while making a 9pm grilled cheese in my kitchen and cried when *spoiler* Bing-Bong jumped out of his magic rocket to let Joy travel back to Riley's brain. And then I cried again at the end when Riley came home and broke down and hugged her parents. Oo feels.
    I cry every time this happens, pregnant or not  ;)
  • I've been watching Party of Five on Netflix and cried big fat tears when Owen started walking. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @vvitchhazel OMG I remember that episode. I loved that show so much. Mid 90's melodrama is my JAM. 
    On the topic of movies, last week, I watched Sing with the little girl I nanny and I was crying so much (happy tears). That's a great movie, if you guys haven't seen it. So so so so great!
  • TW

I felt liquid come out and thought it was blood. I almost cried when it was normal discharge.

D17 May Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV/Movie Mom

*TW*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

30 January 2017: Loss at 6+2

8 March 2017: Loss at 5+4

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I just cried at work while reading one of those "love what matters" posts on FB - eating my lunch in full view of many others in my open concept workplace. Whoops! 
  • "Piece by piece" by Kelly Clarkson came on the radio and I bawled my eyes out. Good thing I was driving alone. 
  •  @jfritschie Ugh, that song gets me every fricken time! 
  • @jfritschie @bkrahn That song kills me too!
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • I got home and realized pretty little liars didn't record. My husband was all "catch it on Hulu tomorrow". I was sobbing. I was not like this with my first. 
  • @pandawares I just saw that pop up yesterday in my Netflix I think, is it good? I thought about watching it but didn't need another excuse to cry since everything remotely happy/sad/cute cues the waterworks lately. 
  • I stopped at babies r us yesterday to grab a baby shower gift and I saw a sign that said "you are our wish come true" and I lost it. 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• I cried last night cause my toddler kept getting into things and when I fussed at her she looked like I had just crushed her world and it made me feel like a bad mommy!!! (She is really good at poutting so I usually don't let it bother me but for some reason the look on her face broke my heart) 
  • Caught up on this season of Nashville...sobbing.  
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• @vvitchhazel PARTY OF FIVE yasssss. I have forgotten all about this.  Must rewatch. 
    @peachy13 All the kids movies make me cry.

• Crying looking at all the ultrasound pictures. 
    Crying cause this will most likely be our last baby. 
    Crying because facebook.
    Crying cause 2 yo throw food on the floor instead of eating it. 

I can't stop crying. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • My husband is the only pastor at a small town church. Yesterday, I sat in on a leader's meeting for the first time ever. I came home crying because some of the leaders are total ass hats who shouldn't be in leadership and were disrespectful to him because he's trying to encourage change since the average age of the church is 65+ and they complain about needing more young people. My mamma bear instincts rose up because I so desperately wanted to defend my husband but couldn't for fear that something I would say would cost him his job.

Then I cried today because I was listening to the radio on my way to get groceries and heard all the songs I needed to hear to help me feel better about the shit show that was the meeting last night.

Now I'm crying because my 17 month old turd won't nap.
  • I cried because Downtown Train by Rod Stewart was playing at the grocery store. I hate Rod Stewart. Lol.
  • @pandawares I just saw that pop up yesterday in my Netflix I think, is it good? I thought about watching it but didn't need another excuse to cry since everything remotely happy/sad/cute cues the waterworks lately. 
    TB + pregnancy brain is infuriating. Was this in reference to Call the Midwife? What I've seen is amazeballs, but every episode makes me cry. But crying makes me feel better, so meh.
    D17 May Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV/Movie Mom

*TW*

30 January 2017: Loss at 6+2

8 March 2017: Loss at 5+4

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. There wants enough mash potato on my pie
    2. I couldn't ice the cake properly
    3. A lady gave birth on a show
    4. Someone got CPR on bondi rescue
    5. My daughter had grandparents day at school and I was so happy she had people there for her
  • I thought my emotions were doing great, but then while dealing with M/S this morning I just started crying. My S/O is gone in the military and wont be here for the birth and half of the pregnancy and just feeling super overwhelmed today...we haven't told too many people about the pregnancy yet bc only 7 weeks so I just feel even more emotional.
  • I've been watching Call the Midwife for the first time and I don't cry every episode. There's really only been one moment so far that made me cry. However for some reason I tear up at the morning news (someone got blessed with a car) and at the FB video of a little girl learning she is going to Disneyland. 

May Siggy Challenge: TV mom

Pregnancy Ticker

• @lijuan09 That kind of stuff kills me! Good things happening to good, deserving people? Floodgates runneth over!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • tmk0325tmk0325 member
    edited April 2017
    Greys Anatomy this week. Cripes I'm still teary eyed just thinking about it!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @tmk0325 Me too! I feel like I cry at greys every week though.  Lately they have been having so many storylines about pregnant women and babies too!
  • NME44NME44 member
    Meanwhile I'm watching Grey's right now, totally emotionless, when I usually bawl the whole time. 

That baby sure was cute, though.