December 2017 Moms

Why My Pregnant Self is Crying 4/21

I don't know about you guys, but my emotions are all over the place. I cry every time I watch Master Chef Junior. These kids are the cutest and sweetest! I'm watching last nights episode and I'm sobbing because they're seeing their families.I also cried today because I'm preparing fish for dinner for the first time... ever. 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Why My Pregnant Self is Crying 4/21

• I'm home with two toddlers who are both sick, I'm sick and pregnant and my sister is gone for the weekend. So I cried for my sanity. Binge watched GirlBoss on Netflix and cried at the ending. Discovered that my husband did our dishes before he left for work and cried because that meant I could just go to bed once I got my sick boys down... it's been quite the day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Rewatching old greys anatomy episodes. Crying like a baby every time. Also every time I see a new baby
    Beautiful Baby Girl Amelia Marie
    Born May 25, 2016
    Angel Baby January 20th, 2017
    Baby #2 Due December 6th 2017
  • @vvitchhazel I just watched that too and cried!
  • @moonlady-2 that's one of my absolute favorite shows!
    Me: 31  DH: 32      <3 DH since 12.2009       Married 08.2013       EDD 12.2017
  • I read a list of movies pregnant women shouldn't watch and Steel Magnolias was on it. I'd always wanted to watch it so I did today and now understand why it's on that list. Sobbed through the last 30 minutes! Then later watched Parenthood on Netflix, always gets me. Oh and this song My Old Man on the radio and I imagined my husband and his dad and possibly a son... What a day lol  :'(:D
  • @emlwalsh ahhh parenthood. Have u watched the last season? It's basically a sob fest for every episode.
  • Call the Midwife. Always.
    D17 May Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV/Movie Mom

*TW*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

30 January 2017: Loss at 6+2

8 March 2017: Loss at 5+4

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @AMCsquared I just started season 6 I think, whatever the second to last season is. Thanks for the warning!  ;)
  • @TigerCakes I wish they could all win! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • NME44NME44 member
    I almost cried because I realized Grimm is over. I didn't even really like it that much.

But this is par for the course for me. I'm a crier.
  • @emlwalsh the final season is the tear jerker one. I think that's season 6. I legit needed like bags of ice for my eyes haha. And that was without pregnancy hormones 
  • @NME44 Aww, Grimm. I loved Grimm.  :'(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • NME44NME44 member
    @NME44 Aww, Grimm. I loved Grimm.  :'(
    I mean, I do enjoy it, but it's not like when Friends ended, ya know? But I will miss Monroe and Rosalie <3
  • NME44NME44 member
    Rosalie is actually a backup name for a girl.
  • MJDsquaredMJDsquared member
    edited April 2017
    @NME44 @vvitchhazel Fun fact, the star of Grimm is actual my FIL's second cousin! So DH's third. Buuut they've never met him so not all that exciting lol.

ETA I've never actually watched the show!
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • @NME44 Monroe and Rosalie are my favorite! The Spice and Tea Shop would be my dream business. 

@MJDsquared That's awesome! He's so cute! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DH and I watched What to Expect last night and we both cried  :D
    TCC since Feb 2013
    No, I'm not an early bird, but that doesn't mean I'm a night owl.... I guess I'm an afternoon duck?
    Type A personality, Type B body
    First BFP with donor sperm 04/11/2017
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @AMCsquared & @emlwalsh the final season is a tearjerker without being pregnant. I think I cried during every episode. It's a great season, but some tears could have been because I knew it would be over soon and that made me very sad too.

I cried yesterday because i felt so awful. MS plus a terrible cold = not pretty or fun. Everything hurt so badly I just started crying and even that hurt.
  • Byron my English Bull Terrier knows I'm not feeling well so he has been extra lovey and won't leave my side. When I go to bed before DH because I am exhausted and sick Byron lays in bed with me until DH comes to bed. I love my little fur baby love bug so very much. Which apparently means all the crying.
  • I packed breakfast/lunch for DS for daycare Tuesday night, and left it out on the counter! Spoiled milk, overnight oats, scrambled eggs, chicken salad, etc etc. Which meant I had to remake all of that stuff in the morning while DH stood there watching and finally asked how he could help when I was done. I've cried about it every day since because I'm so mad at myself and at DH a little. And I'm crying reliving it now. 
  • @jesrude legit!!! I remember everyone joking that we all needed a parenthood support group to make it through the tears lol
  • @jellybelly119 I'm sorry! I've left meals out all night so many times that I spent a lot of time on and it just feels terrible. You've got that pregnancy brain, though, so try not to beat yourself up over it too much! Your husband definitely should've jumped in though. What a booger!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @AMCsquared for real! I watched it at work, I had a data entry job at the time, and would be trying not to cry while working. I need to re-watch it.  It's so good!
  • I started crying yesterday in the car because an Eminem song came on and I started thinking about what a hard life he's had... I may be just slightly hormonal! 
  • I literally cried because a *thought* popped into my head, 'what if my nephews moved to another city.'

They are not, and have zero plans to. But I cried like a toddler about it anyways.
  • @EMWalsh38 Parenthood gets me every time!! One of my favorites! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @bkrahn I just got ready reading your post!  We plan on moving in the next year or so and it just got me sad thinking about all the memories we will be leaving behind.
  • I was looking on Amazon for books to get my son to help announce our pregnancy and just the title of one sent me into a crying tizzy. "You were the first". 
  • I watched Hacksaw Ridge.... Biggest sob fest ever. 
  • @justsuzie we were going to watch that the other day! I'm glad we didn't. I'm not sure I'm ready to just cry like a silly pregnant lady in front of all my roommates! hahah  But I have heard it's a phenomenal movie.
  • @jesrude The story itself is sooo emotional and then the whole war thing just puts the sob level over the top.  It was pretty gruesome too.  SO some of my tears were out of horror.

@NME44 Love that name. I feel like I've heard it elsewhere but can't remember where.

@AMCsquared I did the same thing after I made dinner and realized that I was too sick to eat it.  I gave it to DH. (We eat at different times and I'm more of a grazer.)  ANyhow, it sucks.  And the thought of guac is literally making me feel sick right now.

@vvitchhazel I love how they all congratulate each other and build each other up.  And when THEY cry I cry.  And it always seems like they cry every episode.  
  • NME44NME44 member
    @justsuzie, thanks! We went with Felicity for DD instead. And this baby already has name whether it's a boy or a girl (family names) so I'll likely never get to use the name.

so many great names, so little energy to keep having kids  :D
  • @justsuzie yeah I think it's going to wait a while. haha not really in that "space" right now.
  • @TigerCakes I totally did not think it would affect me the way that it did! But being my daughters first home.. there's just something about that that's hard to let go of. I hope everything goes well for you!