September 2017 Moms

Re: WTF Wed 4/19

• Loading the player...
  • @wyomama0427  i blame you. you took too long to post this thread lol. i love you.
  • labby18 said:
    @wyomama0427  i blame you. you took too long to post this thread lol. i love you.
    DONT YOU PUT THAT EVIL ON ME RICKY BOBBY

• I had lab work done today.. I am seriously concerned that the girl that did it may not have known what she was doing. She asked me three times what my gestational age was and I told her 16+5. It's like she didn't understand what I was saying and said "never mind."  Usually when they do my blood work it's really quick. I swear she kept looking at my paperwork and the computer for about 15 minutes. 

So I am just praying everything got done properly because this was for my spina bifida testing which is time sensitive and I also did a 24 hour urine sample which I don't want to have to do again this trimester. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @wyomama0427 BOO!!! That sucks!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @wyomama0427
    didn't you pick that day bc DH would be off work!!?!?!? ugggh 
  • labby18 said:
    @wyomama0427
    didn't you pick that day bc DH would be off work!!?!?!? ugggh 
    Yes! Thank goodness he's off the next day too
  • Souptin said:
    My wtf goes to the US place in town. They refuse to do anatomy scans until AFTER 20 weeks. Mines not scheduled until may 15th now. I found an elective place(40 minutes away! ) that will do a sex determination anytime after 16 weeks. It's $100 but kind of W/E about it because I don't want to wait another freaking month. 
    But how are you supposed to get everything checked? The anatomy scan checks sooo many things and the sex is just a bonus. I thought the elective places won't do anything diagnostic that the anatomy scan is supposed to determine? 

That just seems wrong  :/ Sorry they're being dumb
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @Souptin WTF? How can they not let your H in? My doctor's office only lets you bring one person, but would never ask the baby's dad to sit outside. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Souptin said:
    Souptin said:
    My wtf goes to the US place in town. They refuse to do anatomy scans until AFTER 20 weeks. Mines not scheduled until may 15th now. I found an elective place(40 minutes away! ) that will do a sex determination anytime after 16 weeks. It's $100 but kind of W/E about it because I don't want to wait another freaking month. 
    But how are you supposed to get everything checked? The anatomy scan checks sooo many things and the sex is just a bonus. I thought the elective places won't do anything diagnostic that the anatomy scan is supposed to determine? 

That just seems wrong  :/ Sorry they're being dumb
    Elective place is not doing the diagnostics- just sex determination.  I have my app on May 15th for all the diagnostic imaging.  I'm just being impatient with wanting to know the sex. I had my last baby in a different city and things were a lot different there, they did the A/S any time after 18 weeks so I was thrown for a loop that I would have to wait until after 20 here. They were SO rude to me on the phone too. OOh and they wont let my husband come with me either which I find really weird. He has to wait outside the entire time and is only allowed in after everything is done. WTF? he has just as much right to see his developing baby-one of my favourite memories of my last pregnancy was seeing his face as we looked at our son swimming around.
    That is very odd they won't let you bring the father of the baby in the room. My husband would be livid!! and so would I! Is this a policy? I would ask to see the written policy and talk with the office manager honestly. 
  • @Souptin I misread your original post as they wouldn't do it after 20 weeks so you wouldn't get one at all. My mistake!  :o

Where I am they don't let my husband in until all measurements are done but they turn the screen away so I can't see anything until then either. It's been like that for all 3 of my pregnancies.

I think since it's a technologist and not a doctor who does it they want to make sure everything is fine before they show you anything. I had my MMC discovered at an US and she had to call the radiologist to talk to me on the phone. They can't give any diagnostic info so they don't want you to see and ask questions if there's something wrong. They should definitely let your DH in after and go through the fun stuff with you together though!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @souptin my office has a policy on this too. However, mainly for the actual time you talk with the ob - they find that some women won't share everything if DH/SO is in the room. I would just tell them that he is going to be there as your support person and not give them an option to say no. 

My co-worker walked into my office while I was eating lunch and said, it must be hard to focus on sales when you're pregnant. I mean I've never been pregnant, but that must be so distracting - in the most condescending tone, and he is a guy. Then followed with look at that plate everyone, she sure is feeding that baby.

My sales are down this month, mostly because my co-workers took all my leads while I was on out on bedrest...and I haven't gained any weight and have been under pressure from my doctor to eat more consistently.... thanks for making me feel worse about all the things. 

• @mrs_tacos I seriously think I'm speechless over that. Just... wtaf?
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mrs_tacos in going to Blink 182 in a few weeks and I am not looking forward to people's remarks. Ugh. 
  • @divinemsm620 ugh people suck. One time a lady said something similar, I was 6 months and she goes "Oh wow any day now huh" uh no actually three more months but thanks