July 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 4.17-4.21

13»

Re: Weekly Randoms 4.17-4.21

• Options
    @Potterphile nooo...not grunting noises. Ugh... i know what you mean. I had one of those "this is what I should've said" moments as I was walking back to my office but part of me wonders if it would have even made a difference in his behavior.

I guess if there's even a slight chance these douchebags will think twice the next time they get an urge to act out, it's totally worth it to tell them off. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited April 2017
    @virginiaunicorn11 ohhhh my sister just messaged me and goes omG serena Williams is pregnant and I got really annoyed and said wth am I supposed to do?' because ... I don't care? If she had only said she was playing and winning while pregnant!!!...
  • Options

I am convinced that the baby is going through a growth spurt. I ate all of my Chipotle burrito bowl last night (which I couldn't do pre-pregnancy), was hungry when I went to bed, and have pretty much been hungry since I woke up (even though I keep eating all the things and drinking all the water).

Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • Options
    DH got me a watermelon!! I'm in heaven! 
  • Options
    I'm in the waiting room at the dentist for a cleaning. Not one of my favorite things! 
  • Options
    I have my GD test tomorrow morning and I really hope my stomach can take it after suffering from food poisoning Tuesday night/Wednesday. With my DD, I was 10 minutes away from the end of the hour and I tossed my cookies. Wish me luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Married 8 years - Aug 23/08
    DD - 6 years old, March 17/11
    #2 due July 19th! (It's a boy!)
  • Options
    What is it about watermelon? I have a container at home that I am loving.
  • Options
    AdaByron said:
    I hate that the pre-sliced watermelon at the grocery store is so expensive. And buying/slicing a whole watermelon is such a pain. I fight an internal battle over this every time I go to the grocery store, and usually end up leaving with no watermelon.
    YES! Same with pineapple. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I'm the same with watermelon and cantaloupe. I hate cutting it. 

I also want to remind you all that pineapple is the devil's food. 
  • Options
    I make fruit and vegetable platters for the events at my work.  I LOATHE cutting up watermelon, pineapple and cantaloupe.  But particularly pineapple; it's sooooo slimy!  (I personally hate pineapple) DH showed me one of those pineapple coring things and I'm probably going to pick one up to make my life easier.  
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • Options
    AdaByron said:
    I hate that the pre-sliced watermelon at the grocery store is so expensive. And buying/slicing a whole watermelon is such a pain. I fight an internal battle over this every time I go to the grocery store, and usually end up leaving with no watermelon.
    I think watermelon is super easy to cut! I hate cutting canteloupe though! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    I used to agonize over buying the pre-cut fruit too and now I just do it because I know there's a decent chance that if I buy the whole item it will never get a cut and go bad or I'll cut it and have so much that it will go bad. 
    Looking  forward to my precut watermelon and pineapple snacks this afternoon...! 
  • Options
    @mamadcb I love getting my teeth cleaned. I got mine cleaned last month. 
  • Options
    Re: Cutting up fruit. I loathe it. I love watermelon but why must it make such a mess when cutting. I agree with cantaloupe and pineapple being amongst the most annoying to cut. 
  • Options
    @mamadcb I love getting my teeth cleaned. I got mine cleaned last month. 
    Same here! I love going to the dentist. It probably helps that I've never had a cavity or any dental issue besides having my wisdom teeth out and braces. But those were both pretty easy too. 
  • Options
    I don't really mind cutting the fruit. I think it tastes better when I buy a whole one and cut it up. 

Oh, how I hate the dentist!!!! I'd rather go to the doctor. Yuck! And they always try to talk to you while they have their hands in my mouth. 
  • Options
    @mamadcb I went to the dentist today too! I was dreading the cleaning but it wasn't too terrible

also I'm jealous of @julybaby17-2's watermelon! I wish I saw this post before we went to the store today because now I really want some. 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    MrsLa3MrsLa3 member
    edited April 2017
    Wrong thread see uo.
  • Options
    Today's cleaning turned out not to be too bad for me either, @manillabar. I have sensitive teeth so I am just super tense the whole time I'm there. My mouth feels sore for a while afterward too. I go because I know its good for me... but that doesn't mean I'm going to like it! :)@ginger1228 and @Poppyseed72017 more power to you-- I wish I could say the same!
  • Options
    @mamadcb I'm definitely overdue for the dentist. I still gag sometimes when I brush my teeth, so I'm avoiding the dentist!! I'm still a bit scarred from vomiting during a cleaning in my last pregnancy. 
  • Options
    @ljd2010 - I gagged and usually threw up every night before bed for months. It was awful. I switched to cinnamon toothpaste around a month ago and it helped so much. If I use the regular mint, I still gag. Maybe you could try that? I think I developed an aversion to mint. Even my mint floss makes me feel queasy. 
  • Options
    Cinnamon is my best friend during nausea or any kind of queesiness ...
    I'm going to try cinnamon toothpaste @ginger1228 I haven't been nauseous or throwing up but brushing my teeth ever since I got pregnant has made me gag every single time! 
  • Options
    I had no idea mint could cause nausea! I heard peppermint tea was good for morning sickness, so I drank that regularly in the first months. Just goes to show there's no one-size-fits-all rule for MS/pregnancy symptoms. I gag when I brush my teeth too, but I did that before I got pregnant. It's a little more intense now but I don't think I'm anywhere near puking... I feel so bad for you @ginger1228!
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • Options
    @lph4248 - I've heard that peppermint is good for nausea, but it's the opposite for me. Part of me thinks that I was gagging/vomiting just from brushing my teeth at first and then my brain started associating the flavor with gagging, so it continued. Oddly enough, my mouthwash doesn't bother me. 
  • Options
    lph4248 said:
    I had no idea mint could cause nausea! I heard peppermint tea was good for morning sickness, so I drank that regularly in the first months. Just goes to show there's no one-size-fits-all rule for MS/pregnancy symptoms. I gag when I brush my teeth too, but I did that before I got pregnant. It's a little more intense now but I don't think I'm anywhere near puking... I feel so bad for you @ginger1228!
    Peppermint tea helped my nausea, but it took all I had to brush my teeth when I was feeling crappy. My mint toothpaste was too sweet to me.
  • Options
    I got my TDaP and RhoGham shot yesterday. I got the lovely flu like symptoms..which didn't happen last time. I've been on my road trip for about 12 hours now, and I feel like a massive pile of poop. 
  • Options
    BabyBump2 said:
    I got my TDaP and RhoGham shot yesterday. I got the lovely flu like symptoms..which didn't happen last time. I've been on my road trip for about 12 hours now, and I feel like a massive pile of poop. 
    At first glance I read the end of your post as "i feel like making a massive pile of poop" and was a little concerned lol. So sorry you feel crappy, I only had it one time with my RhoGham shot but it definitely sucks and a 12 hour road trip would have been the last place I wanted to be.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017

• Options
    @babybump2 Sorry you feel so crappy. I got Rhogam this week too, and the nurse said basically there wouldn't be any side effects, but after googling I'm wondering if the stomachache I had all last night is related. It had been a couple of days though so I'm hoping it was a coincidence, knowing I'll have to get Rhogam again in the future!
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • Options
    Passed my glucose test!! But found out I'm low in iron and need to start Vitron C. Along with that I need to start a stool softener and all of these need to be take 4 hours apart... seriously...

insert "ain't nobody got time for that" gif since TB sucks. 
  • Options
    To me, a bassinet/Moses basket is worth every penny. Because while '4 months' doesn't sound long.....that first 4 months felt like 8 years to me!!!!!!! Sleep deprived and I loved using a bassinet/Moses basket with my first. Also, the Moses basket sat on the floor and he napped in it for the first 12 month. We only quit using it for naps because he was too long for it. BUT it was on the floor and it was basically equaled putting him on the floor, but super comfy. Just my two cents on how long 4/5 months can seem. I also tossed the Moses basket in the car when we visited with people. He would nap in it on anyone's floor(right next to me) and it was so nice knowing he would have a clean space while we visited people. Easier than the pnp since it was small and weights nothing. By visit people, I mean afternoon trips to friends and grandparents and great grandparents. 
  • Options
    Passed my glucose test!! But found out I'm low in iron and need to start Vitron C. Along with that I need to start a stool softener and all of these need to be take 4 hours apart... seriously...

Did your OB say why they needed to be taken 4 hours apart? I've never heard that before. I had the same results from my CBC and my Ob recommended iron supplements as well. She said the stool softener only needed to be added if the iron caused constipation (and didn't mention anything about timing of when it should be taken - I didn't think it mattered). I have been taking a slow release tablet and haven't had any issues yet!! Maybe something to consider if you wanna minimize what you have to take and when.
  • Options
    rae1-3 said:

Did your OB say why they needed to be taken 4 hours apart? I've never heard that before. I had the same results from my CBC and my Ob recommended iron supplements as well. She said the stool softener only needed to be added if the iron caused constipation (and didn't mention anything about timing of when it should be taken - I didn't think it mattered). I have been taking a slow release tablet and haven't had any issues yet!! Maybe something to consider if you wanna minimize what you have to take and when.
    My OB nurse said to take the iron the other side of the clock from my prenatal, because the iron gets "used up" (I'm not explaining this professionally, sorry) - so the iron from the prenatal will get used, then the iron from the iron supplement, otherwise baby will still take iron that you need for your own body during the "low" times before the next dose.
    I only asked actually about when to space everything out because I'm supposed to take my synthroid first thing in the morning and then prenatal at night, so I was asking when to take the iron in that mix. She said mid-day. She didn't say anything about spacing out the stool softener and I forgot to ask about the magnesium.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    @GlitterFish that makes total sense. My prenatal doesn't have iron in it (gummy) so I guess it probably doesn't matter for me.

I guess that's another benefit to the slow release iron too though. Hypothetically, it would slowly release during the day vs all at once when you take it. 
  • Options
    @rae1-3 & @GlitterFish that's exactly how my obgyn described it. I have never been able to take iron- even in multivitamins they make me vomit within 10-15 mins of taking it so my prenatals have no iron (however I didn't remind her of that when she called me to tell me this) so as you can imagine I've taken 3 iron pills since Friday morning none of which have stayed down. I've tried with food and without.. I have an appt next week to see what my options are. 
  • Options
    @nktrodden826 seriously, try the slow release. I have a pretty sensitive stomach and they haven't affected me at all. Hope you can figure something out!
  • Options
    @nktrodden826 - a friend was telling me the other day that her friend had to get shots for iron bc she couldn't handle the pills. Maybe that's an option for you. I would hate that option, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.