May 2017 Moms
Options

Mental Health Check in Week of 4/17

How is everyone holding up this week?

Re: Mental Health Check in Week of 4/17

• Options
    I had a minor meltdown in my head this weekend. DD got a double ear infection and strep we had to wait two hours at urgent care where she spent the first hour screaming and then throwing up on me. My DH has to be out of town on Wednesday and we couldn't figure out where to board the dogs. I mean it was all small stuff in general but all of it adding up, I just kept thinking HOW am I supposed to handle two dogs, two kids, and DH! I'm just one person! I know it will be easier when we are all in the same state, but DH is never going to be home. Apparently one of their training fields is 4 hours away in a different state. I'm just constantly freaking out. I know it's day by day and I know so many people have more than two kids, but I'm just so overwhelmed. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes @Jens_Hoes she finally doesn't have a fever! She is still on antibiotics until tomorrow. I was worried her fever wouldn't break though! Thanks for asking! 
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're so uncomfortable @starphish18 it's totally normal to be grumpy about all the pain. 
  • Options
    @OmegaRose3 I'm sorry you're feeling so alone. We're here for you! I'm pretty sure some of the ladies here are in their early 20's, so don't feel like that would make you not fit in. I actually like that we have a wide range of ages, locations, etc. There's always someone who can commiserate with what you're going through.
  • Options
    @OmegaRose3
    I agree!! We are all different ages- and the commonality is our children! Feeling alone is terrible, and if you think having a community like the bump or facebook would help, why not try!
    Have you thought about reaching out to someone in real life to talk to? Having a baby is hard enough, it sounds like you have some real life trauma and grief that could use some support.
    We're all here for you!  <3
  • Options
    @OmegaRose3 - I'm sorry you've been feeling alone. I'm in my late 30's and still often feel like an outsider. It can be hard to put yourself out there and meet new people. But sometimes it pays off. Just know you can come here and vent anytime!
  • Options
    Today was not the best day. Every single one of my doctor's appointments have been a trigger for me the last month or so. I walked into my NST test feeling like I was about to cry. I failed it, which was not surprising, because they can never seem to pick up and keep both babies on the monitor. So, I sat in the waiting room and cried waiting for an ultrasound. I'm sick of all of the appointments and how a 20 minute appointment can turn into a several hour affair. I wish I could just stop showing up to my appointments.  :/
    Then, I came home to my 3 year-old who needed a nap and was behaving horribly. I feel like I just can't handle any of it anymore. I cried some more while I made my daughter lunch. When I finally got her to take a nap, I took a nap myself hoping I would wake up feeling better, but it didn't help.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ...  I've never had a big social circle, but after having DD, I just don't see friends much and with DH at work and my sibling in-laws being stupid, there's rarely someone to talk to. I wish it were as simple as joining a mom group, but I don't feel like they're really meant for me..I don't really feel like I can really join the FB group for this board because I'm in my early 20's and tend to feel like a complete outsider. The 14th was the 3 year anniversary of the murder of one of my closest friends and I think that's where all of this is coming up from. I'm glad we have this thread going because it feels nice to actually write some of this out.
    I just wanted to say I'm sorry for the loss of your friend, it's not easy when it's expected I cannot even imagine what you are/have been through with their loss.

i also wanted to say that I am only 22, I am not in the FB group at this point because I don't feel like I really "know" anyone here well enough yet, but I can commiserate and offer someone to talk to, I often feel like an outsider in "mum groups" being so young. 

I can can really relate to what you have said though I had DS at 18 and lost a lot of friends, due to lack of contact, then got married at 19 and seemed to loose more then, now at 22 with DS2 on the way, I have one "true" friend who I keep in contact with, but even then we are ate completely different stages in life (he's still going out partying etc, single, sleeping around that's kind of thing) and I just want to be home in bed by 8:30 watching a Disney movie.
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • Options
    @Jellybeanqueen13 I'm sorry your appointments have been so upsetting and overwhelming! Do you have many more to attend?  Can you do them first thing in the morning so that you don't have to wait as much? Do the staff at your OB office know how hard they are for you emotionally? Maybe they'd be willing to change some things around if they knew you were struggling.  <3
  • Options
    @starphish18 @Jens_Hoes @0408Bear @lilmisscrafty-2 @PartiallyDomesticated Than you all for the support, especially about my friend's death. Even after all this time, it still feels like there's something missing without him. Losing someone that way is like ending a book in the middle of a sentence, always wondering what could've been and knowing that there's nothing that makes the truth right. I think I'll try to put thought into joining things, if they'll have me. It's nice to have a place to say some of the things I have a harder time saying out loud and having other moms to talk to.
    Like you, @PartiallyDomesticated I have one friend and though she's married and past the party stage, we're still at different places in life. I'll be 23 shortly after having the baby which is my second child. A lot of times I feel like DH is my only friend and it feels unfair to me to unload everything on him, especially with how hard he works to keep our heads above water.
  • Options
    @Jellybeanqueen13 I'm so sorry about your appointments. I had a high risk pregnancy with DD and remember several occasions where I would just sit in the car and cry after NSTs. I can't imagine adding the stress of a toddler on top of all that. Hang in there! *Sending you creepy Internet hugs*
  • Options
    @OmegaRose3 I know the feeling, H works so hard to keep us living comfortably so I can stay home, I feel awful unloading on him all the time, but he's really all I have, I have too much social anxiety to go out and meet other mums.

anyway, as I said, I'm not in the FB group as of yet, but if you want someone to reach out to, I'm usually pretty good about checking my inbox here :smile:
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • Options
    I just wanted to say again how much I love our little bump family. Everyone is so supportive and caring! I don't have much to add, but I agree with previous posters that age doesn't matter as everyone has their own experiences and things that they can share. Also, losing someone you are close to unexpectedly, or expectedly, is very difficult and I don't think the pain from it every truly goes away, we just learn how to cope with it and find those around us to lift us back up. I lost one of my best friends around Christmas in either grade. It was horrible. It's just not something you ever want to go through, but know we are here for you! 

As for my own check in...im doing okay. It was a rough start to the week with the episode, for lack of a better word, that happened Sunday night. Feeling better from that, besides being sore now from walking around BRU for almost 2 hrs lol feeling better prepared now that we've gotten more things off of our registry. Still need some stuff but nothing too urgent, except maybe more CDs! 

Anyway, sending positive vibes and hugs to those who need them!! Stay strong and hang in there! We're in the home stretch!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    @starphish18 3rd tri hit me all at once too and I was like nooo..I'm not sure if I got used to it, or if parts of get easier, but it has its highs and lows. You can do it though :) Just allow yourself to feel how you feel and that its going to be worth it.

@OmegaRose3 I'm sorry :( I feel like I constantly lose local friends and it sucks. Sometimes internet friends are nice to have. I think it's about finding a group that fits you well too, and I dont mean age, but just "your people". I prefer to stay home and just chill. I think I've found a few local moms groups that I may enjoy though as they really seem to "get" me.

@Jellybeanqueen13 Sometimes a good cry is just needed. I'll tell H "Im okay, I just need to cry" and I'll hop in the shower and just let myself get it out. You're getting close, hang in there!
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry