September 2017 Moms

Weekly Symptoms Thread 4/17

How far along are you, and what are you dealing with this week? 

(Unable to gif from mobile) 
Me: 33 DH: 33
Married: 10.15.16
BFP: 12.24.16
DS BD: 8.20.17
TTC #2 1.1.19
BFP #2 7.3.19
EDD #2 3.13.20

Re: Weekly Symptoms Thread 4/17

• Loading the player...
  • DPandMB said:
    Souptin said:
    So the snissing has started. Thats exciting.

That only just started for you? Lucky! I had bronchitis the week before last. Coughing was horrible.
    Sorry Sister. I feel like last time around it held off until mid way through the 20's this time around not so much.

• 16w2d 
    I feel pretty great! I get an occasional headache and my boobs are sore on and off, but otherwise no symptoms currently. I'm anxiously awaiting to feel the kicks. It's so hard being at the end of the month and being behind you all!
  • 18+4 I'm doing fairly well. Alllllll the snissing, so that's fun...
  • 19+1

• I am always hungry- I eat all day, and then usually wake up once at night from hunger. I've started keeping granola bars and trail mix in my night stand. 
    • The pelvic pain is also constant, and very uncomfortable. And my butt goes numb if I sit for too long. 
    • Almost nightly tension headaches. Good thing I'm still constantly tired because sleeping them off seems to be the only solution.
    • All the heartburn.
    • I peed myself a little bit for the first time, and I wasn't even sneezing or coughing. I rolled over in bed on Saturday morning while still waking up, and it just leaked out of me. My mother lost all bladder control during her pregnancy with me, and I feel like fate is upon me now. :grimace:    

• beccam1230beccam1230 member
    edited April 2017
    Heartburn.. which in turn makes me sick. Awesome ;)

Overall though, once I take care of the heartburn, nausea is subsiding quite a bit. I still have bad days but not nearly as often. Plus, today I woke up and felt like crap. I didn't throw up and I actually managed to come out of the feeling like crap!! I'm so excited I didn't have to take a zofran to feel better!

Headaches, but I find that a heating pad works pretty well on them.

A little more energy! Strangely it's always at night, but I'm not complaining. I managed to clean the entire downstairs of my house the other night. Woohoo! 

Still a lot of aversions, but I can handle 

@wyomama0427 you made a comment about peeling kiwi a few days ago and I've been craving them like crazy! I love kiwi. So now I'm on a yummy kiwi kick! And potato salad, I could live on potato salad  :)

ETA: 17+1
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I keep getting mail from the insurance about symptoms of preterm labor and menstrual like cramps and backache are on the list. And I'm having twingy like cramping and a lower back ache(part of the ache is my sciatica but this is different) likely period is about to start. My doctor said last visit I'll feel this pregnancy more than my last and some cramping is normal, but what amount or for how long is "normal"?
  • Has anyone else been having back pain that's in the middle of the back, not the lower back? I'm not sure if it's just my ribs expanding, or maybe extra boob weight?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mrsmarygs I had it with my daughter it was the worst when I sat for too long
  • 19+4 

-nausea still hits at least once a day
    -lower back pain... I was on my feet for too long Friday and was in tears by bed time
    -still cramping some at night but not nearly as bad 
    -does overwhelming anxiety count as a symptom?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • mcdoug211 said:
    @mrsmarygs I had it with my daughter it was the worst when I sat for too long
    I have a desk job, so that's probably what it is.  :#
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LosAngelesMama I was kind of worried at first. I was always thinking no symptoms means this isn't a healthy pregnancy. But when the kicks started it has eased my mind. 
  • 16 + 4

I'm experiencing on / off dull period-like cramps, lower back pain and pelvic pressure (started a couple weeks ago). The pelvic pressure was really worrying me, but I had an appointment this a.m. and the Dr. checked my cervix and said everything looks good. Did anyone else experience this early in their second trimester?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • amow06 said:
    16 + 4

I'm experiencing on / off dull period-like cramps, lower back pain and pelvic pressure (started a couple weeks ago). The pelvic pressure was really worrying me, but I had an appointment this a.m. and the Dr. checked my cervix and said everything looks good. Did anyone else experience this early in their second trimester?
    I was having the same thing a couple of weeks ago, probably right around where you are...16/17 weeks. I do still have some cramping and pressure, but no where nearly as bad as it was.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 18+5

-Occasional lower back pain 
    -Heartburn that seems to just sit all the way in the back of my throat
    -Constant peeing
    -This fucking jawline acne. I want to rip it off my face it makes me so mad. RAWR. 
    -Baby kicks! 

Me & DH: 31  |  Married: 5.4.13  |  TTC: April 2016  |  BFP: 1.8.17  |  EDD: 9.13.17

• 16w+3

Braxton hicks, colostrum let downs, migraines, insomnia, aches and pains. I gave in and started using a body pillow. I'm happy to be eating again and my energy is better! +also libido is back.
  • @Swazzle ugh I'm sorry. My skin has been particularly heinous this pregnancy.
  • @lilpoots Mine was bad then cleared up and was great and now it's really bad again. You can play connect the dots on my jawline! 

Me & DH: 31  |  Married: 5.4.13  |  TTC: April 2016  |  BFP: 1.8.17  |  EDD: 9.13.17

• Swazzle said:
    @lilpoots Mine was bad then cleared up and was great and now it's really bad again. You can play connect the dots on my jawline! 
    This is where mine is the worst too!
  • So I've been standing up and doing a lot today, I'm not totally used to that activity level yet. I'm having some nasty RLP. I don't remember it was this bad with my first. Is it normal for it to be painful to stand, but not when I lay down?
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mcdoug211 I wish I could answer your question and I'm sorry to hear about the cramping. As a FTM I don't feel qualified to address it, but I just want to give you some encouragement and assure you that your doctor will know the best! (And maybe some other STMs will have experience with it.) 

the worst pain I've felt this pregnancy has been hands down the trapped gas, which felt like a type of cramping. I had a hard time describing it. But the doctor assured me that gas can be both painful and common in pregnancy. Fortunately it's gotten better, maybe also bc I haven't been constipated? Alas, all these interconnected symptoms! 
  • @wyomama0427 Are yours painful too? It's not just hideous to look at but huge, hard bumps and they hurt :bawling:

• @margareth The gas pain is not a joke. It's pretty terrible. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @margareth Omg I was woken out of a sound sleep the other night because of gas pains! So awful. 

• 16+3 with twins but feels like 1,000 weeks right now. 

The vaginal pressure is unreal right now. I just want to cry. 

Had a headache all day that laid me up on the couch until about 5:30 pm when DH got home. Now DD is in bed and I'm relaxing even more.

My nipples are incredibly sensitive, but my boobs look fantastic. The haven't grown much yet, but the are much fuller. I guess I didn't realize how sad they were looking after breastfeeding DD for 2.5 years. 

Finally starting to put on some weight, so I guess that's contributing to the weight and pressure in the nether regions. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Swazzle said:
    @wyomama0427 Are yours painful too? It's not just hideous to look at but huge, hard bumps and they hurt :bawling:

stuck in the box...
    Mine aren't big, but they hurt really bad. They are all over my chin and, oddly enough, around my ears.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @HollyGolightly09 Ugh I hope we all get some relief from this bad skin soon!

• 19+5

- I have some kind of tendonitis / my arm keeps falling asleep. Wah!
    - I notice some hip pain, I just try to keep wiggling my hips to stretch it.
    - I def have more energy and libido than 1st tri, but I still want to lay around and sleep all the time.
    - heartburn!
    - ACNE on the jawline! Why is this a club @Swazzle?
    - beginning to feel slight baby kicks when I lay down for the night :)

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • I know we had a belly button discussion before but, you guys. This belly button. I don't know where it came from or who it belongs to! It's wide and like.... deep upwards? It's like an upside down pocket? BIZARRE. 

• Swazzle said:
    I know we had a belly button discussion before but, you guys. This belly button. I don't know where it came from or who it belongs to! It's wide and like.... deep upwards? It's like an upside down pocket? BIZARRE. 
    My belly button is getting shallower!! Eeek!! I've always loved my cute little innie!

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • @Sugargirl1019 They'll go back to normal... right????

• @cmar1006 I have the WORST vaginal pressure as well, SO uncomfortable.  I'm worried how I am going to feel later down the road if it's this awful now...
  • Swazzle said:
    @Sugargirl1019 They'll go back to normal... right????
    And hopefully our jaw acne will go away too!! Scar-free!!  But really, surely belly buttons return to normal....

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • 20 weeks tomorrow, right hip pain and my left thigh keeps going numb???? So aggravating. Last time my ribs hurt constantly (everyone kept saying of that's his heel in your ribs, but actually it was like a tight rubber band around my rib cage that my doc said was from my ribs expanding) hoping this time I won't get that again. Also +1 to the snissing and the coughissing lol just peeing myself if I have to pee and then sneeze or cough 
  • @margareth thank you! It stopped not long after posting lol this pregnancy is so much different than my first I never know what to expect 
  • THIS CARPAL TUNNEL/TENDONITIS IS KILLING ME AND I'M JUST LAYING HERE!!! :(

Married in July 2014