Weekly Randoms April 17th

What's up?
Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
DS 11/2/2017
TTC since August 2018

Re: Weekly Randoms April 17th

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    After husband left this am I threw up like 7 times. My son was crying because I was throwing up and didn't get his waffle out of the toaster fast enough. Ugh. Monday Funday. 
    Now I have to try to work and GSD. Trip to traverse city tonight. Long day ahead. 
  • Options
    @slaven ouch!!! I love gel polish but always regret how my nails look after I take the polish off. 
  • Options
    I am planning on telling my boss I'm pregnant today because of all the doctor's appointments scheduled over the next 3-4 weeks. Why am I nervous? 
    Good luck! What kind of work do you do? 
  • Options
    @ElizabethSchuyler  I'm glad it went well!  I was nervous to tell my old boss when o was pregnant with my son too, I think it's just natural!

@DuchessOfCambridge that's so exciting! Where do you live, again?

• Options
    @TeacherMama7 I haven't said where I live on this BMB yet :)

• Options
    @lancomechica2 I'm in commercial real estate on the management side! 

Conversation went well, but boy was she loud. Pipe down lady! We have no doors on our offices so I am sure the entire floor heard.
    Cool! Glad it went well.  Now that I'm thinking about it I kind of dread my discussion because it will probably be over the phone and he will have to do ALOT in my absence and I'm undecided on how much time off I will take right now. 
  • Options
    @ShePersisted A girl at my last job did that. I only told because of the amount of doctor's appointments I have scheduled already due to high BP. I would probably keep it a secret as long as possible. 
    November 2017 July Summer Fails

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My dad and his gf will be here Wednesday. I have sooooo much cleaning to do and just can't bring myself to do any of it. I still haven't stripped the guest bed from when my in-laws were here last month. 

Also, am I the only one that hates the under belly maternity shorts? They just accentuate all my belly fat and don't make me look pregnant just all muffin toppy. But full panel ones are impossible to find! 
  • Options
    @BayCamp I saw some full panel shorts at Target over the weekend!
    November 2017 July Summer Fails

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @BayCamp I saw some full panel shorts at Target over the weekend!
    Definitely checking it out! I looked a few weeks ago but they only had the other kind. We're going to a theme park (bush gardens) on Thursday and I know I'll burn up in anything but shorts! 
  • Options
    @duchessofcambridge       Oh, ok. That's fine! I thought people put that in a lot of their intros or spreadsheet so that's why I thought I missed it. I didn't mean your address, just like Ohio or something, lol. That's where I live! But I'm from Minneapolis.
  • Options
    @elizabethshuyler. Totally get why you have to tell. My boss does not work in same location as me so I'm kinda lucky that way ;-). I do work with a lot of men though and that's where I'm going to have my fun.  I want them to just get awkward and if one asks me I'll keep a straight face and say, 'you think I'm pregnant?!!' 

Ok ok just kidding, I'm not going to be that dramatic but my goal is to not tell anyone at work till week 20 which is like end of June but given that im already beginning to show ... hmm we'll see how that goes. 
  • Options
    I am planning on telling my boss I'm pregnant today because of all the doctor's appointments scheduled over the next 3-4 weeks. Why am I nervous? 
    Because America likes to make women apologize for procreating and being an "inconvenience"

I am stuck in the box....but Yes, this is how I feel. I keep apologizing for taking time off and for wanting a few vacation days before baby comes. Why do we do this? 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I saw were Shutterfly has 101 free prints until tomorrow.
  • Options
    Because America likes to make women apologize for procreating and being an "inconvenience"
    You know what I find crazy? When I was researching FMLA and such I realized that if you are disabled from pregnancy  (put on bedrest) you can claim short term disability through the government but once that baby comes out you are SOL. Wtf America?! What kind of reasoning do they use for this law? It is absolutely mind blowing to me.
  • Options
    @ugoglencoco my MIL asked the same thing and still doubted me when I told her I was sure. Well umm yeah, I know when we DTD and I got negative pee sticks for 3 days before a positive one. So yeah, pretty sure. 
  • Options
    I'm so tempted by the Sneak Peek test now but then I read all the instructions and remember I'm way too lazy for it. We don't need to spend the money so laziness is working in my favor right now.

• Options
    Okay so bras... I've managed to not buy any new ones because I recently lost a ton of weight so I've been wearing the ones from before but they're slightly too big or too small and it's awkward. Is this just what the next 9 months will be or should I go buy some more? Should I wait a bit longer? 
  • Options
    @ugoglencoco It's absolutely ridiculous that FMLA doesn't account for bedrest and other complications. My state only has one maternity benefit, and it's that federal FMLA can only start AFTER any short term disability benefits end. So if you're on bedrest for 6 weeks before you give birth and then have 6 weeks of STD benefits after birth, you're still eligible for your 12 week federal FMLA after that. It's helpful for women who already have STD benefits and work for a company with more than 50 people, but it's still not nearly enough for all the women who don't meet those criteria.
  • Options
    I just finished report card comments!  :) Buttttt.... I'm locked out of the grading system and can't put grades in until I'm back to work tomorrow. About to dig into all of my bills from my OB visits so far. It's annoying that they don't all collect copays at the time of visit and that they take so long to bill. 

Ahhhhh I'm about to try to figure out my maternity leave this week with my union rep. I already had major anxiety over it on Saturday. I have to use my sick days and then I can go unpaid. Luckily I signed up for short term disability insurance, so I'll also get that after two weeks in addition to our state's disability. However, everyone I've talked to says they don't get their money from the state until after they go back from leave since they are unbearably slow.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    bcashaw said:
    Okay so bras... I've managed to not buy any new ones because I recently lost a ton of weight so I've been wearing the ones from before but they're slightly too big or too small and it's awkward. Is this just what the next 9 months will be or should I go buy some more? Should I wait a bit longer? 
    With my first I found my bras to be totally fine until after giving birth. Then I was in nursing bras or tanks all the time. Everyone gains differently so I think comfort is the biggest thing so if you aren't comfortable get 2 that fit well knowing they may or may not fit by the end of pregnancy. 
  • Options
    @bcashaw yep! I found that my bra size changed week to week when I was pregnant with my last! During pregnancy, I never felt like any bras fit just right. After pregnancy, as someone else said, I was always in nursing bras or tank tops. And honestly, I almost never wore a bra when I was home and if no one was around, I'd just wear my bathrobe with nothing under it during the nursing all the time stage. It's easier to breast feed without fighting with bras and clothing. 
  • Options
    @bcashaw I agree with @lancomechica- if they are uncomfortable I'd get sized. I'm guessing you'll be able to wear those new bras until the end of pregnancy. Plus, once you're done nursing you can wear them again until your breasts go back down in size.
  • Options
    DH brought me home cookies last night and I put them in a Tupperware for today. I just opened it to realize the last thing that Tupperware held was chopped raw onion and now my cookies smell/taste terrible  :'(:'(:'( 
  • Options
    @BayCamp that's one of the saddest stories I've heard in a while :(

But for real, where's @kschref? Hope everything's ok!

• Options
    @BayCamp That's terrible! Poor cookies and poor you!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @Baycamp I saw some at a Macy's this weekend, but I was technically apparently shopping in a Motherhood boutique INSIDE the Macy's? So I guess Motherhood has some?

@ugoglencoco same. I'm wearin full on maternity leggings now and I have a well-defined belly that is pretty unmistakable at this point and no longer disappears in the morning. It's here to stay. Doctor was happy with my weight and BP though so I guess belly's gonna bump  :D
    Me: 32 Husbando: 49
    Married Since: 7/29/2012
    omgosh 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @bcashaw I went up a cup size already. I bought two bras and I'll stick with them for as long as I can. If I have to go up again, I'll get nursing bras. 
    @DuchessOfCambridge I was on my laptop today and she's been on in the last couple of days, but no posts or replies. Hope all is well...
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility