June 2017 Moms
Options

Weekend Chatter 4-15

2»

Re: Weekend Chatter 4-15

• Options
    Wearmi1 said:
    Having some mommy guilt this morning.  I have a hair appointment in a half an hour.  Totally feeling guilty for getting my hair done this morning instead of my usual morning hospital trip.  Today was supposed to be my baby shower and I've had this appointment scheduled since February.  I desperately need my hair cut and colored... my hair is becoming a tangly mess these days.  The hubs is going to hospital this morning to see her and attend nicu rounds with her doctors at 10.  Mommy guilt is rough  :'(
    My first hair appointment after DD3 was born, I felt the exact same way. She was in the care of my parents but I felt so bad being away from her.. it gets easier over time. I hope you enjoyed your appt!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm addicted to LivePD on Friday and Saturday nights!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've done basically nothing/not much today. Slept in, forced myself to stop at the post office. Went to Target to add a ton of random stuff to my registry. Napped. Tomorrow I'll do laundry/paperwork/work and in the evening is our baby shower. 
  • Options
    @Wearmi1, Regarding your hair appointment: pics or it didn't happen! 

Seriously, though, I can understand the mommy guilt. That sucks. But you totally deserve to have time for yourself also, and your girl is in a good and safe place with poodle to care for her!
  • Options
    @EmeraldNC we watch live pd as well!  It's a legit show... sort of a modern cops and slightly more entertaining. 
  • Options
    Also, I must confess we went a little overboard with the Easter basket this year. I am so excited for my son to wake up! So many new books! 
  • Options
    @wearmi1 oh it's just the beginning of mommy guilt! I hope you enjoyed a relaxing appointment. You deserve it mama and I think the guilt keeps us on our toes so that we are great parents :)
  • Options
    @mother0fDragons we should start a basket pic thread. I always love the non-candy ideas!
  • Options
    mrtmrt member
    So at Easter dinner today, my aunt was giving me hugs/congratulations and asking about due date and boy/girl. We had a brief conversation, and then both continued where we had been walking, in opposite directions. As I was walking away, I hear her say "just don't give her any of those vaccinations"... We were already half a staircase apart, so I didn't say anything, but I was like... WTF? She has always been a little crunchy, but she is a NURSE!
  • Options
    tjvantjvan member
    We had a nice long weekend. Friday DH and I prepped flower beds and did some other stuff around the house. Saturday we went to my parents, I had my second baby shower, and hung out with the family all day. Sunday we did brunch at my parents' country club and transplanted some shrubs from my parents' yard to ours. We feel like actual adults now - owning a house with shrubs! We've arrived, y'all.
  • Options
    @ellie111227 That's fantastic news about your brother! 
    @tjvan If shrubs are the hallmark for adulthood, I'm in trouble! I ripped all of mine out! HAhaha

This weekend was inexplicably stressful for me. I just feel off... I don't know how else to describe it. Then the Mr decided to rearrange the furniture in our house and it made me angry. So so weird! His reasoning: he needs to move his office stuff out of the last bedroom and the only other room available is the dining room. So he moved the dining set out into the open concept kitchen/living area. Next will move his home office into the now vacant dining room.

I hate it! Just last week he moved all my crafting supplies (a rolling cart and 3 large totes) into the hall closet from the closet in the last bedroom. Before that he moved my sewing cabinet into the garage. Now he moved my dining set out of the dining room. I'm feeling like I don't have a space for "me" in the house anymore. 

Anyone else feeling weirdly emptional about space issues or relationship issues at home? I'm not sure I feel this is hormonal or legit...

• Options
    We had a super relaxing weekend! Saturday morning we met my friends and their 2 girls (the ones I babysit) at a farm and saw so many baby animals! Then we went to lunch, I took a nap while DH went on a bike ride and then I babysat the girls. Sunday DH went on another bike ride and I did a few things around the house and then we had ham and cheese potatoes for dinner. It was nice being home just the 2 of us for a holiday. Oh and DH dragged me on a walk. haha
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    ellie111227ellie111227 member
    edited April 2017
    @silliegirlie143 I would be upset about that, too. Even if it really is the most reasonable way to set things up now, I feel like that level of rearranging needs to be considered jointly. You might have a different idea than he does that could work out better, like putting your sewing and craft stuff in the same room as whatever becomes his office (does he work from home? Because if not, I definitely don't think he needs a whole room to himself for an office...), or using a walk-in closet or corner of your room for the baby for the first year or two and then having your kids share, or something like that. Maybe what he is doing is the best option, but I don't think it's really one person's place to decide that unilaterally and just do it. And you definitely should have a place in your house that you can feel like is for you if it is at all possible, especially if your husband has something comparable. I dint think you are being unreasonable at all.
  • Options
    @ellie111227 Thanks for that! I talked to him and voiced my feelings of not being considered when making a pretty big decision for how the house will be used. 

I told him that the changes didn't need to be made right now... they could be done a couple years from now. He had no idea I felt that way. We will see what comes of it in the next few months.