June 2017 Moms

Weekend Chatter 4-15

I wanted to post a fun Easter gif or picture but the app still isn't working correctly for me to post pictures.    
But go ahead and chat here about any fun plans for the holiday weekend!  
                                                                          Married 12/17/2011
                                                                              K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                              C born 1/11/14
                                                              BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                              BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

Re: Weekend Chatter 4-15

• Let the 4 hour road trip to Maine commence!
  • Loading the player...
  • I just checked the cam. I don't see much going on. I was hoping to see that baby! 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • Well both dd and myself are now sick. Her birthday party is this afternoon so I'm hoping we can rest before then. Easter family stuff tomorrow. 
  • LAMCH1980 said:
    I just checked the cam. I don't see much going on. I was hoping to see that baby! 
    She's got hooves out now.
  • DH and I are at our first craft market/show since Christmas. It's been a long week of prepping since we were low on stock and didn't know where everything was after the move. Hopefully it goes well! 
  • Husband and I are going to a breastfeeding class at 11, so I hope my headache goes away! 
  • we have a baby!!  giraffe that is :)
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • kahlan82kahlan82 member
    edited April 2017
    We are cleaning the house and unpacking the last of our moving boxes. The painters come Monday. I can't wait for Lucy's room to be painted, so I can hang things.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• We're making lady fingers for DD1's Heritage School project, then dyeing eggs and making food for tomorrow. 
  • Having some mommy guilt this morning.  I have a hair appointment in a half an hour.  Totally feeling guilty for getting my hair done this morning instead of my usual morning hospital trip.  Today was supposed to be my baby shower and I've had this appointment scheduled since February.  I desperately need my hair cut and colored... my hair is becoming a tangly mess these days.  The hubs is going to hospital this morning to see her and attend nicu rounds with her doctors at 10.  Mommy guilt is rough  :'(
  • I got a pedicure this morning with my friend who is in town for Easter, soon we are heading to my parents for Easter #1.  It will be super low key which I am looking forward too.  The kids will dye some eggs and my mom is hiding a few for them to hunt a little bit.  

Tomorrow we will do our our own family stuff in the morning, and go to my MIL's tomorrow for a more traditional Easter meal.  
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• @Wearmi1. Ahh, Mommy guilt. How I loathe thee? Sorry, you are feeling this. Logically you know, that you need to take time for yourself, but emotionally it's hard. Just keep reminder yourself that you a calm, relaxed mom is better for baby in the end. It does get easier over time.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• Girl, treat yourself, let dad it this morning. I know mom guilt is the worst and it's easier said than done, but Adeline is in good hands.  Go pamper yourself.
  • We are currently en-route to NY so we can fly to Disney tomorrow.  The kids are out of their mind excited.  I am excited to stop at a NY Italian bakery for Italian cookies.  And I'm still trying to convince DH to take a detour through the city so we can stop at the best ice cream place ever (big gay ice cream, for those of you who might frequent NYC in the future)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • ellie111227ellie111227 member
    edited April 2017
    Random naming question:

We have been planning on naming this baby Clara Catherine if it is a girl. Just today it occurred to me that my grandfather's wife goes by Kathy, which probably means her given name is either Katherine or Kathleen. I don't dislike her, but I also am not close with her at all and don't want to give anyone the impression that we are naming the baby after her. She and my grandfather married really quickly after my grandmother died and it would be kind of hurtful to my dad and his siblings. Also just awkward. Would you assume that a child named Catherine was named after a family member named Katherine (those spellings)? I can ask around and try to figure out what her name really is if it is relevant, but my family tradition is not to reveal anything afoot a new baby's name until after the birth, so I'd rather not show my hand by trolling for information everyone knows I would normally not care about. 

Eta- I just remembered we have a names thread somewhere. I'll leave this here for now, but let me know if it is annoying and you want me to take it over there instead!
  • @ellie111227, I honestly probably would make that assumption. 
  • @Stankonia2014 Thanks, that's kind of what I thought, too. I'll see if I can find out what her full name really is somehow. Otherwise, maybe Clara Josephine or Clara Mae...
  • @ellie111227 are you using Catherine after someone else or just like the name? If it's after someone else I think it's fine. If not, it would probably be too close for comfort for me - unless you can figure out that isn't her full name. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I got my hair cut and colored yesterday and feel like a whole new person. I was in desperate need and so glad it's done before all these events come up. 

We had to go to a pancake breakfast for my DF's fire dept this morning. Then we came home and dyed eggs. I was going to try and unpack some more and decorate, but I'm just watching Parenthood instead. Tomorrow is our usual holiday marathon of 4 different places with family. 
  • It has been a crazy day. Wal Mart trip, making cupcakes for tomorrow, dying Easter eggs, doing a painting craft and now we are outside. I'm supposed to be cleaning up the yard for our Easter party tomorrow. But I can't move. 

My husband gets back this week and we are surprising the girls. I'm so excited to see their faces. He has only been gone a month but my oldest has missed him like crazy. 

@ellie111227 I think it's too close. I would assume you used that name on purpose. If you are open to changing it I would. 

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • @ellie111227, I think either Mae or Josephine are super cute too. I do love Clara Catherine though. 
  • @Wearmi1 having a baby in the NICU is so tough. Some of the hardest weeks of motherhood for me, I was never so exhausted in my life than when mine was in the NICU. Hope you feel super refreshed after your appointment.

I was feeling the mom guilt looking at social media today, seemed like everyone was taking their kids to an easter hunt, easter parade, etc. and I'm just too exhausted for anything today. Excited for tommorow though even though the forecast is calling for rain all day. 
  • @ellie111227 I would think that if it is spelled different you are not naming it after that person. I don't think it is a big deal at all and if you like that name you should use it and it probably wouldn't offend anyone. However, I think maybe middle names mean less to me than they do to some people. For me, how the first initial of the middle name looks in the signature is most important (possibly an UO).
  • @ellie111227 Catherine is a very classic middle name, I really don't think anyone would assume a connection with that name. If it was some crazy uncommon name I could see being worried people would assume it was after her but with Catherine I wouldn't worry about it. 
  • Teacher Mom I think this is why our hospital disallows filming procedures. Photos are fine, but not video.

I'm having a super boring weekend. My DH took a deserved trip to the beach to play with the wind (kite surfing) and I stayed home where I wouldn't get sunburned and cold. I've been trying to get rid of things I don't want to move with us at the end of May, but I'm a clutter hog and getting rid of things is tough for me. The day mostly consisted of snacking and going through old Time magazines. We've got a large community gathering to go to tomorrow afternoon, but I'm seeing more of the same tomorrow, as he has to go to work (hospital occupational therapist).
    Married 8/12
    MC 4/15
    BFP 10/10/16

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @ellie111227 I think since it's her middle name it probably won't come up very much... except in her first couple of weeks when you tell everyone her full name. 
    That being said, we're naming baby girl Josephine Mae so I love those options more. I might be bias though ;)

We're hanging at my parents this weekend for Easter. DS1 has been so amped about this visit that he was bouncing off the walls yesterday and he was so excited about things we were doing here today that he didn't nap... So now I'm holding a sleeping toddler at 5pm planning to wake him in 15 min and hoping and praying it doesn't negatively affect the rest of our evening
  • We are mostly surrounded by older people in our neighborhood and they all treat DD as another grandchild.  Our neighbor just brought her over an Easter basket of candy, toys, and bunny ears. They spoil her! DH and I ate the chocolate covered pb crackers they made themselves. They were so good and I have no guilt. She has enough candy  ;)  

• jennas312jennas312 member
    edited April 2017
    @teachermom Chocolate covered pb crackers sound delicious!!!!
    I've been eating dessert almost every night lately. :disappointed:
    I'm on spring break, which means 3 days off.
    I've packed as much of hospital bag as possible, called a handful of daycares ( so expensive  ), and cleaning. Nothing exciting. Could do some work stuff, but work laptop has no charge annnnd I don't want to.

Tomorrow dinner is at sil and then going to my parents' for dessert.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks for the opinions on Catherine. I'll try to figure out what my step-grandmother's full name is somehow before we decide for sure. Catherine isn't in honor of anyone, we were just sort of looking for something beginning with a C because dd has E as her first and middle initial, and dh thought it would be cool if this baby also had the same letter for her first and middle names. I don't think he feels strongly about it though, and he picked Clara as the first name, so I bet I can easily change it if I want to. My brother's name is Joseph, and he is really important to us, so Josephine would be cool. He does already have a nephew (my other brother's son) middle-named for him, but I don't think that would be weird, right?