December 2017 Moms

Announcements

Re: Announcements

• We told the grandmas this weekend. I am 12 weeks today. My little boy is 20 months. We put a shirt on him that said "Promoted to Big Brother" and then just waited to see how long it took them to notice. My husband's Mom caught it right away. We had to kind of direct my Mom when she didn't notice after about 10 minutes. For some reason I cried both times. I'm an emotional mess! We will tell other family/friends after the 20 week scan if I don't get huge before then.
  • @vvitchhazel I love that announcement! Have you planned anything for the new one?
  • Loading the player...
  • @vvitchhazel I love your previous announcement! 

@blairbecky78 we did the same thing with my son and a shirt and it took everyone forever to notice! We were so anxious for people to say something and we had to direct my dad like 3 times before he actually read what was on the shirt haha
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • @jlemons-2 I'd love to do something similar, but with our daughter in the picture? I still have the chalkboard and somehow the chalk is still mostly intact. I thought maybe we could just have her holding it with a sippy cup to mimic DH's whiskey.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • That's a great idea 
  • Ugh I had a post up on Facebook about DS baking for me and me taking a nap and someone from work commented about how "naps are a necessity for pregnancies". She knows I'm pregnant but we haven't announced to the "FB World" yet.   It was up for about 15 mins before I saw it and took it down. No one has said anything yet but what is the chances that it wasn't seen?  Ugh 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• I'm am always paranoid someone is going to put me!!! Hopefully people were busy with their weekend and didn't see her comment. 
  • @Marley629 that's so annoying!!

@vvitchhazel yeah u could do a sippy cup version!
    Me: 31  DH: 32      <3 DH since 12.2009       Married 08.2013       EDD 12.2017
  • @dilbert890 please feel free to steal!  I hadn't seen any others that I've really liked on Pinterest or anything and Christmas is a HUGE deal in my family- I had a grandfather who was a professional santa and everything!
  • @leilagphillips Girl, your story gave me goosbumps! I wish I had a sister!
    Me 29 I Him 26
    Married 4/22/16
    TTC 9/2015
    **TW**
    BFP 2/1/16 I MC 3/21/16 (11w)
    TTCAL 6/15/16
    BFP 3/23/2017 Team pink! Quinn Leigh EDD December 1, 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @leilagphillips OMG!!! LOVED that announcement! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • atackatack member
    I want to do this or this! 

We havent shared yet yet with anyone, but my daycare lady and DH told his brother (ugh!).  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • BC814BC814 member
    Any teachers out there?! When do you plan to tell your boss given the end of the school year is during the first trimester but return will be well into the 2nd trimester? 
  • NME44NME44 member
    I saw a Dec 17 announcement today on fb! It was a pic of mom and dad holding an LSU onesie. One of my O13 moms is the aunt. Made me wonder if you're in here!
  • @BC814 I just started thinking about that today actually. Kinda weird timing! Not sure what I'm going to do yet.
    31 years young
    from Seattle(ish)
    5 years married
    FTM and PGAL
    EDD is 12/23/17
    -- It's a BOY! ---

• babytime24babytime24 member
    edited May 2017
    @BC814  I'm a teacher, but looking to change positions in the building. With all the politics that go on, I'm holding out until probably the start of the school year.  Otherwise, I probably would tell before summer break....which could that please come faster?!  Longest school year ever!!

My husband and I hadn't told anyone we were pregnant until the other night. We ended up going out to eat with our very best friends- the couple that introduced us.  I said, "I just got the cutest picture the other day," and pulled out an ultrasound picture.  My bff appropriately freaked out and is so excited for us.  Got me even more excited!  We'll start telling family this weekend.  It's so strange knowing the gender before even telling our parents.  I'm thinking we'll tell my MIL we're pregnant, let her freak out, calm down, then turn dinner into a surprise mini-gender reveal for more excitement. We'll see, though!
  • @BC814 i dont really intend to tell my boss. we have a HUGE school. i'm going to tell work friends and the kids in June on a social level. but work-wise i might meet with HR over the summer just to devise my own plan/ask questions for days out. other than that, my bosses will notice in september.
  • Can I just selfishly vent for a moment here lol. I'm annoyed that my husband's extended family will ALL know within hours of announcing whereas mine won't know until I tell each individual. I have to just be cool with it but I'm annoyed anyway lol
    I hear you @AMCsquared. We'll be telling my inlaws tonight and SO's siblings tomorrow. I'm pretty sure the entire village will know by the end of the weekend. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @moonlady-2 I don't think the rainbow is weird! "Rainbow baby" is such a common phrase that I'm sure lots of people would get it, and even people that didn't probably wouldn't be weirded out.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • @moonlady-2 I like it! The people who know about rainbow babies will understand it and those that don't know won't notice or get weirded out.
  • NME44NME44 member
    @moonlady-2, I love that and I kinda wanna steal it  :D Especially considering that my SIL and at least two of DH's college friends are all expecting in the fall.
  • Aww post your sign!!
  • @AMCsquared It's out in the car! I'll post tomorrow- if I remember!  :D
  • @babytime24 Oh my that is so sweet! How fun! 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    2 Dogs / 2 Cats 
    IUI #1 07/2016 BFN
    IUI #2 10/2016 BFN
    IUI #3 11/2016 BFN
    IVF #1 03/2017 - 23 Retrieved / 22 Fertilized / 11 at Day 3 / 1 Beautiful Embryo tf on Day 5 / 7 Frozen on Day 6 - Beta #1 4/5/17: 104 Beta #2 4/7/17 224
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker

• tmk0325tmk0325 member
    edited May 2017
    @babytime24 and @leilagphillips  So cute!! :)

We finally told our parents this weekend. We were going to do it two weeks ago for Mother's Day, but then my grandma passed away, etc, so we waited.  We stopped by my mom and dad on Friday night at like 9, so they figured something was up (my mom thought maybe we fINALLY got engaged, ha) and she was drinking wine and was like do you want a glass. I said no I'm good, she looked at me funny and was like do you want a beer or something (obviously my family likes to drink) and I laughed and said no I'm ok. She was like what?? So I pulled out the ultrasound photo and was like I probably shouldnt... She squealed. My dad was like what's that??  My mom at first thought their were twins again, because there were two pictures and I was like NO NO JUST ONE!! :)

I told SO if he wants to tell his parents and his sister (she was home for the weekend and lives a few hours away) that he could, but if he wanted to wait that was fine too.  I didn't think he was going to and right before we were ready to leave it somehow came up in the convo that come December we are going to be pretty busy and he pulled out the photo.  Everyone was shocked and happy. No one asked when we were getting married! I call that a win.

We also told my brother and SIL that night and I didn't say anything just declined a beer and cracked open an O'Douls. haha. They figured it out.  Between the two of us, we currently have 4 boys under the age of 2, so I'm kind of hoping this one is a girl to break the streak. :) 

We will do a facebook annoucement in a couple weeks, we are having professional photos done for my boys one year birthday and family photos and I got them cute little onesies for under their plaid button ups that say "I'm going to be a big brother."
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • whiskawhiska member
    So I worked up the courage* to tell my mom Friday night, we got her a nb size sleeper and I said, "Mom I have a gift for you."

*courage because I'm still afraid of a loss, not because of my mom!

So she opens it and can't tell what it is right away, "Is this pajamas? Wait what? This is too small! Is this for a baby?"  I laughed and said "yeah mom, I'm pregnant!" She goes, really dry, "Oh that's nice. I can't wear this."  I guess my mistake was not getting her an actual gift! She felt a little shafted :lol:  And no, I was not going to deliver some corny line about her gift coming in December haha

Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• abcolaabcola member
    So a question for all of you 'announcers'. I had been waiting to announce until 12 weeks or so, but we just got our genetics back and all is good *yay* so I feel more confident announcing to close friends and our next appointment isn't until 14 weeks.... 
    We were already thinking of telling our close friends in person and holding off on a facebook post until about 16 weeks or later.... 
    Do yall think there is a reason not to tell before 12 weeks (I'll be 11 tomorrow) even if what I know between now and 12 weeks wont change... Should I wait for one more appointment just to be safe? 
    Clearly there is no such thing as completely 'safe'... 
    Any words of wisdom or things to consider that I havent thought of?
    BabyFetus Ticker Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker